In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Trump breaking out the pardon pen

shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
edited June 2018 in General Discussion
Fox is reporting that Trump is going to pardon Dinesh D'souza, and may pardon Rod Blagojevich and Martha Stewart. If he pardon's Blago then he'd get out of prison after serving 8 tears of a 14 year stretch.

Seems to me ole Obama should have thrown his boy Blago a pardon on his way out.

Comments

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,279 ******
    edited November -1
    Just quickly scanned through the headlines this morning. Is this the story about the K. Kardashian relative?

P.S.....All I saw was a miniature picture of cleavage with that story!

I do like cleavage but do my very best not to become a victim of click bait stuff!
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kim K is lobbying the President to pardon some chic in prison for life for narcotics distribution. Funny how libs are interested in meeting Trump when they want something from him.
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I get on the forum to get away from the Kardashians which flood TV, newspapers and magazines. I'll be damned, they're making inroads on here now [V]........[:D]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Junkballer
    I get on the forum to get away from the Kardashians which flood TV, newspapers and magazines. I'll be damned, they're making inroads on here now [V]........[:D]

We only post about the Kardashians when we know you're coming. You'd think you would get the hint[:D][:o)][;)]
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why on Earth would he pardon Blago .??
  • asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very good question. Politics works in strange ways[}:)]
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by remingtonoaks
    quote:Originally posted by Junkballer

We only post about the Kardashians when we know you're coming. You'd think you would get the hint[:D][:o)][;)]
    Tell the truth now, your a big follower of them.......[:o)]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    blago..NO WAY...he would get out and start back stabbing TRUMP...fit right back in the old swamp and get a wing in obummers new library
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by William81
    Why on Earth would he pardon Blago .??

Apparently they are pals.
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Blago Puke puke I hope he doesn't pardon him
    edited November -1
    Meh....Blago didn't do anything the rest of these politicians do everyday. He was thrown to the wolves because he dared step in front of Obama. He's served 8 years, that's pretty harsh. Maybe if Trump pardons him then Blago will start dishing some dirt and exposing some Democrat skeletons.
  • drl50drl50 Member Posts: 2,496
    edited November -1
    "A Chicago jury has found former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich guilty of 17 of the 20 charges in his corruption trial, including multiple charges of wire fraud and bribery, and attempting to sell Barack Obama?s Senate seat. The jury found Blagojevich guilty on ten counts of wire fraud, four of extortion, and three of bribery. The jury deadlocked on two counts of extortion."

Ok. That's nothing any other politicians aren't doing everyday. Sounds like 8 years should only be the beginning of his sentence.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by drl50
    "A Chicago jury has found former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich guilty of 17 of the 20 charges in his corruption trial, including multiple charges of wire fraud and bribery, and attempting to sell Barack Obama?s Senate seat. The jury found Blagojevich guilty on ten counts of wire fraud, four of extortion, and three of bribery. The jury deadlocked on two counts of extortion."

Ok. That's nothing any other politicians aren't doing everyday. Sounds like 8 years should only be the beginning of his sentence.

Politicians use leverage, trade favors and bribery all the time as part of their normal transactions. You're not really that naive are you? Every once and a while they will throw one of their own to wolves when they step out of line but I have no doubt this kind of stuff happens all the time. How do you think those that make it to the top make it there? Goodwill? LOL they curry favors, trade on influence etc in order to gain nominations of local politicians, then state politicians and then national politicians.
    The system encourages this kind of behavior.
  • gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    Meh....Blago didn't do anything the rest of these politicians do everyday. He was thrown to the wolves because he dared step in front of Obama. He's served 8 years, that's pretty harsh. Maybe if Trump pardons him then Blago will start dishing some dirt and exposing some Democrat skeletons.

That's what I'm hoping!
    I bet some Dems are starting to squirm, worried he might sing like a Massengill !