In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

NOSLEEP

mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
A few days ago you were telling us about a goal scored by a Canadian player (forgive me if I can't remember his name) against the old Soviet team back in 1972 as being the hockey highpoint in Canada (if not the world). Would you say that the goal scored today by Sidney Crosby surpassed that?

Once again, congratulations on today's victory. I am, if anything, a very gracious loser.

Even though I was not offically in the bet:
Canadian hockey players, men and women, are champions!

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Is "Weld" the name of the song or album? Got a link?
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    If u decide to KISS UP for a month, does that mean i don't have to?
    BY THE WAY MARK, THE SHOT BY THE USA TEAM,WITH 20 ODD SEC. TO GO< SHOULD BE THE "SHOT REMEMBERED AROUND THE F'N WORLD"!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    U sure U ain't from N Kommifornia? (Berkley maybe?)
    Or maybe CANADA?

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.
  • Options
    NOSLEEPNOSLEEP Member Posts: 4,526
    edited November -1
    Mark I think each generation has its moments. And for this generation I believe the 1972 game will have little relevance. Hockey fans in Canada have a new rally point. It was a great game and a very fitting finish.
  • Options
    anatomically correctanatomically correct Member Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I figure we have at least kept the gold medal on the right continent!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Fishkill41

I would appreciate if you would NOT post the balance of our wager.
    As I feel to do so would be beating a dead horse. Please accept my
    request. As the wager is now considered paid in full. Thank you for your consideration.

Steve
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bets a bet. If U want to let it go, fine w/me..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    Bets a bet. If U want to let it go, fine w/me..

Yes I would... Thank You.
  • Options
    turtles11756turtles11756 Member Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    no goal will ever surpass Mike Eruzione's goal on February 22 1980 against the Red Army team that had not lost an Olympic hockey game for 12 years. a college kid scores and ties the game late on the great Russian team of the 1970's. that was a big game yesterday but it's not what happened in Lake Placid 30 years ago
  • Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by turtles11756
    no goal will ever surpass Mike Eruzione's goal on February 22 1980 against the Red Army team that had not lost an Olympic hockey game for 12 years. a college kid scores and ties the game late on the great Russian team of the 1970's. that was a big game yesterday but it's not what happened in Lake Placid 30 years ago
    I agree! And it was not even the gold medal game! The commies used to be all pro players compared to our amateurs. I would like to see the Olympics go back to amateur athletes.
    "DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES?"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Unfortunately, WE were the only Country that EVER fielded amateurs in the Olympic games.
    Even in the 50-60-70's all other countries that had them, fielded their pros.
  • Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yup! Remember the 72 basketball game that the officials kept putting more time on the clock until the Commies beat the US for the gold? The US basketball players, still to this day have not picked up their silver medals!