In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Brave Florida Student?

ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
edited February 2006 in General Discussion
Brave Florida Student?

Remember that kid, Farris Hasan, the 16-year-old from Florida, who went to Iraq a few weeks ago to allegedly find out for himself what conditions were like for Iraqis and to satisfy a requirement for this journalism class he was taking?

Remember also how his parents were all distraught not knowing where he was?

Remember how the media idolized him for being so brave?

Would it surprise you to learn that NO NETWORK JOURNALIST took the initiative to do a little research?

Further, would it surprise you to learn that his parents KNEW where he was because they helped him get his ticket?

Would it surprise you to learn that his school has no such journalism class?

Would it surprise you to learn that his parents sent a note to school saying he'd be gone during that period?

Would it surprise you to learn his father was arrested for forging 2,000 Iraqi passports and was probably attempting to forge 2,000 more?
Has it ever occurred to you that the student and his family can really be prospective terrorists in sheep's clothing?
Click in the link below and read all about it below because you won't hear it in the network news.

http://www.homelandsecurityus.com/site/modules/news/article.php?storyid=38

Comments

• zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    Yeah - it was a radio show the other day - with all the details.

Seems that EVRYBODY pretty know where he was. Also mentioned that his
    father was Haamas connected a few years ago!
    chewtwigzz.gif
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Whats that thing about an apple and the tree?[:0]
  • WarMongerWarMonger Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I didnt believe the story from the get go. I also noticed from the original news coverage that they family appeared to be filthy rich. They really reminded me of the Arab and Persian families in the neighboorhood that I grew up in. They were all VERY rich and openly anti-American. It made me sick.
  • hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by WarMonger
    I didnt believe the story from the get go. I also noticed from the original news coverage that they family appeared to be filthy rich. They really reminded me of the Arab and Persian families in the neighboorhood that I grew up in. They were all VERY rich and openly anti-American. It made me sick.

I could tell the first time they interviewed the parents that the mother, at least, was in on the whole thing. I never beleived the kid went to Iraq just to check the place out.

I think it is obvious the kid was on some kind of mission, either to transfer information verbally that could not be transfered by phone or email, or maybe to check out infiltration/exfilitration routes for those wishing to slip into/out of Iraq.
  • SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
    edited November -1
    Im sure there was a hidden reason for why he was sent there. It kinda raises my suspicion towards my new neighbors.About 2 mo. ago,a family of about 6 (middle eastern decent) moved in two houses down from me, the husband,wife and about 4 kids, ages between 10-18 were walking down the street while I was outside so I thought I would say hello and waved to them and said " How are you today? and welcome to the neighborhood. The kids kinda glanced at me then looked away but the husband and wife just looked at me with the look of, "how dare you speak to me" and just kept walking without saying a word. I was kinda shocked at how rude they were because I know they heard and seen me considering I was only maybe 50 ft. from them. I was gonna say F you too but I bit my tongue. Maybe they're just a--holes.........think Im gonna go role their house next time they're gone[}:)]
  • WarMongerWarMonger Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    what does "role" mean ?
  • ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Classic095

What apple and what tree????????????????????????[:)]
  • SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
    edited November -1
    Its a Southern term for TPing or (toilet papering someones house[:D] Just a joke I wouldnt do that.
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    WarMonger,

Would it have made ya feel any better if those families had been dirt poor and anti-American?
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good read thanks for bringing it out to our attention.

Best!!
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ATF
    quote:Originally posted by Classic095

What apple and what tree????????????????????????[:)]

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree = like father like son.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe the kid had to "hand deliver" the fake passports?
    Why call attention to yourself through the media?
  • HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    Warmonger: Is he anti-American because you're the example he knows in the neighborhood? Did you tell him about your Afghanistan venture; your joining the military; and your being released in error? That could, just could, make any foreigner wonder.
  • joeaf1911a1joeaf1911a1 Member Posts: 2,962 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dead monkey: Your quote: "Would it have made ya feel any better if those families had been dirt poor and anti-American?" I kinda doubt it.
    But this kind of travel takes big bucks. (unless funded by someone. Guess who).
  • victorlvlbvictorlvlb Member Posts: 5,004
    edited November -1
    ATF

As the chairman of this subject make everyone get back to the question.[:D][:D][:D]Why in the world didn't the newspapers carry this?