In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Brass Shipping Question

robomanroboman Member Posts: 6,436
edited July 2004 in General Discussion
Can one ship brass legally that still has a primer in it if the primer has successfully fired?

Thanks![^]

signew.JPG
aniGif.gif
"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..."

Comments

• chappsynychappsyny Member Posts: 3,381 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    yes.

New Hampshire, USA - "Live Free or Die!!!"
  • ZERODINZERODIN Member Posts: 6,338
    edited November -1
    Are you talking of once-fired brass that hasn't been decapped? I see no reason why not, since you can ship live ammunition without any hassles.
  • robomanroboman Member Posts: 6,436
    edited November -1
    Excellent to hear! My range has a 55-gallon drum full of brass that hasn't been touched by anyone. On a rough count of the top layer I found 400 rounds of IMI 223 and at least 150 of British 303....

Either tonight or tomorrow I'm gonna do some sorting and selling!

signew.JPG
    aniGif.gif
  • TheBrassManTheBrassMan Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes you can. Never have had any problems.

Nowhere in the U.S. Constitution does it state: "Seperation of Church and State".
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ZERODIN
    Are you talking of once-fired brass that hasn't been decapped? I see no reason why not, since you can ship live ammunition without any hassles.

Yeah, brass that has been fired but not deprimed.

signew.JPG
    aniGif.gif
    edited November -1
    Actually the brass I seel has been deprimed though.
    I run a universal deprimer [:D]

Nowhere in the U.S. Constitution does it state: "Seperation of Church and State".

"Those who beat their guns into plow shares; will plow for those who don't."
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    robo, fired brass can go whatever way is cheapest to ship it. Brass with live primers, whether these are loaded rounds or not, must, by law go by common carrier (FedEx Ground, UPS Ground, truck freight, etc.). Sounds like you struck gold, er, brass! Possibly, if you give a portion of your profits to the range for upkeep / improvements, you might have found a rather steady supply.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain) ". . . And liberals / DemoWipes" (me)
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    We just took a small trailer load of .38 special brass to the recycler. That stuff was OLD, as we haven't had .38's in over 20 years. We got about $350.00 for it, to use for needed things at our range.

MVC-031S.jpg

"The Greatest Battle Implement Ever Devised!"
    -- Gen. George S. Patton
    referring to the M1 Garand
    edited November -1
    TheBrassMan, any idea where I can find one of those universal deprimers?

signew.JPG
    aniGif.gif
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    Yes, and you can ship me all the once-fired .357 brass (I like the plated stuff) you want. [:D]

I'll send a check for the shipping (just don't drop a brick in the box as a joke).[:o)]
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    jsergovic, where you are new to reloading, a hint: the nickel plated stuff may look nicer, but it doesn't last as long as plain brass.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain) ". . . And liberals / DemoWipes" (me)
    edited November -1
    roboman, RCBS makes universal depriming dies.
    All you would need is shell plates for each type of cartridge[:D]

"Those who beat their guns into plow shares; will plow for those who don't."