'Broke Back'... Excuses...

Flying Clay DiskFlying Clay Disk Member Posts: 35,169 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2006 in General Discussion
Broke Back Excuses...to further honor the know nothing, do nothing, be nothing, self serving, wacked out Follywood crowd.

Off in the distance, someone said..."we're going to make this movie popular no matter WHAT anyone else says!!!" "It can only sell 7 tickets, but we need this for our way of life...we'll MAKE it popular"

Historically, movie companies and actors guilds have celebrated 'themselves' when the rest cast a blind eye. Now, they've gone over the edge (IMHO). This should be a message to everybody there; "sorry, but we're not watching!!!".

<don't know how else to express it>

Comments

• guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 7,041
    edited November -1
    They can take this film and shove it up their * along with anything else that might give them pleasure.
  • morsecodemorsecode Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's all about the money. Long before the Hollyweirdos get to do their thing, many, many people in respectable far flung places write large checks; accountants calculate profit margins; PR firms do their dance; calendars are studied for optimal release dates; and theater owners are told what to do.

If the unseen forces behind film making thought a dollar could be made on a movie about (insert ludicrous scenario here) they would do it.

Then again, I rarely go to the movies. Last one I saw was T2 in '91.
  • royc38royc38 Member Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I still remember when Shakespeare in Love beat out Saving Private Ryan for best picture. I give anybody a dollar for anyone who bought shakespeare versus giving me a dime for anyone who bought Saving Private Ryan. Who do you think will have more money?
  • ll_manll_man Member Posts: 160 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You homophobes are funny...
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ll_man

Careful...you know Oregon is Indian for cowpoke.
  • WarMongerWarMonger Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i want to see this movie. i like good movies. i do not support the gay agenda but i do like good movies. however, i wont pay for them. i get my movies from china for .62 cents a piece. hollywood can make all the liberal agenda films they want, but i am not going to make them rich for it.
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by guns-n-painthorses
    They can take this film and shove it up their * along with anything else that might give them pleasure.

And They can take this film and shove it up their * along with anything else that might give them pleasure.
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1

You perverts are funny.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I cant help but wonder if the comments would be the same if it were a movie with females instead of males?....

Its only a movie guys....ONLY A MOVIE>>..
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    don't know anyone who saw this movie, never saw it playing at any theatre, i think all the hype is fabricated so the hollywierds can say "see they love gay people, and it is totally acceptable"
  • Blade SlingerBlade Slinger Member Posts: 5,891
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by badwrench
    I'm sick to death of all the hype and reaction to that damn movie. I could care less, honestly. It breaks box office records, I do not care. It flops, I don't care, either. I wouldn't care if it was about gay Chinese communist republican gangbanger Martians with AIDS. Why does anyone else care?
    [:D][:D][:D]
  • leftytwogunsleftytwoguns Member Posts: 785 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This movie, though I have not seen it, is just around to piss people off and fodder for witty people. This seems a bit on the hateful side, but the movie is doing its job, I guess.
  • hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BlackRoses
    I cant help but wonder if the comments would be the same if it were a movie with females instead of males?....

Its only a movie guys....ONLY A MOVIE>>..

It would depend on how hot the two chicks were.
  • Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    Guys, guys. Keep in mind. This is not a movie about Cowboys. They're Sheep herders. Now if'n ya want ta hate 'em...There's plenty of reason right there!
    Anyway, "In a Brokeback Mountain sort of way" has replaced "Buys Clay Aiken CD's" "Big Liza Minelli Fan" and "Prison Romance" in the vernacular of my morning program. It's just fun to have new cultural refrences all the time. Because we were wearing "Clay Aiken" out. But not in a Brokeback Mountain sort of way.
  • zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    I can't remember a movie that has stirred up so much
    controversy! It's more than a movie - it's an attack on
    something that I guess has never been attacked before!
    There have been good westerns and bad westerns ...
    butt nevah a western like THIS! [:0][:0][:0]
    BEST1.jpg
  • bartobarto Member Posts: 4,860
    edited November -1
    morsecode-
    I too am from Oregon & you can kiss my water-soaked *.
    Some comments are totally uncalled for and that was definately one of them.
    [V]barto[V]
  • The artist formerly known as DanoThe artist formerly known as Dano Member Posts: 29,215
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by barto
    morsecode-
    I too am from Oregon & you can kiss my water-soaked *.
    Some comments are totally uncalled for and that was definately one of them.
    [V]barto[V]

I'm thinking of moving to Oregon. Is there something that I should know? [:0]
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 30,828 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dano
    [[brI'm thinking of moving to Oregon. Is there something that I should know? [:0]

Yea, don't. Don
  • Flying Clay DiskFlying Clay Disk Member Posts: 35,169 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They're going to ram this movie down everyone's throat; good, bad or indifferent! We're going to like it; whether we like it or not. Am I a 'homophobe'? No, I just don't like being told what to watch or what I should do because some media giant thinks it's 'good for me'. Give yourself every Oscar, every self serving award you can dream of, but I'll watch what I want to watch, not what someone says I should watch, awards be damned.

It's just a movie? True, but then why can't I just ignore it if I so choose? Why can't I open a newspaper, or turn on the TV, or flip on the Internet, or listen to the radio without having to see or hear about it?

I grew up in Wyoming, a state rich in old west history, where there are still some real cowboys (and WY is not unique in this respect). I can assure you; they're not flocking to the theaters to watch this. Are there gay people in WY? Sure there are. Are they welcome? Sure they are. However, does this movie represent the way of the old west? I think not.

Am I a homophobe? No, but I do think this movie treads on sacred ground, and that bothers me. The old west is an icon of adventure and exploration. Did events like this actually take place there? More than likely, but they certainly were the exception, and not the rule. If hollyweird wants to make a movie about one such event; fine, but don't turn around and attempt to make everyone believe it is the end all, be all, of westerns by lavishing it with every award imaginable...because it isn't!

What's next? A Kinder Gentler Crusades? Bend Over Vietnam?

If people want to watch it this movie, fine, they will. If they don't want to watch it that's fine too. In any case, they shouldn't have to tolerate having it bludgeoned into their skull at every opportunity.

For what it's worth, the Chronicles of Narnia made over 5 TIMES the revenue Broke Back Excuses made in the same 8 weeks ($255M vs $51M), but how many Oscars did it get nominated for?????

You be the judge.
  • tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is such crap that if you say you are not interested or you don't like it, everyones scream "you are a homophobe"
    edited November -1
    Oscar Schmosker...they vote the nominations themselves, then they vote the winners. Pointless.

This film has all the merits of a quirky, small budget foreign flick. Had it been made in Italy, verbatim frame for frame, it would've garnered some recognition in Cannes for it's cinematography and original screenplay, and then gone on to that Great Blockbuster in the Sky. An assignment for film students to write essays on.

I think the general dismay here has been how over hyped this insignificant niche film has been. It is most certainly an attempt to push an agenda, but then again Hollywood has always done that.
  • rossowmnrossowmn Member Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, Academy Award nominations have always been an incestuous affair. Oops, maybe a bad choice of words.[;)]
  • dlrjjdlrjj Member Posts: 5,528 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Incest is relative.[:D]
    Tax evasion is illegal, tax avoidance is an art form.
  • SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
    edited November -1
    They should have named it "Broke from the Back Mountain"
  • restoreguyrestoreguy Member Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The subject matter in "Broke Back or Hump Back Mountain", as Rush calls it, is not of interest to my sensitive tastes. Now that is about as non offending a statement about this worthless movie as I can make...!!![xx(][xx(]
  • COLTCOLT Member, Moderator Posts: 12,620 ******
    edited November -1
    ...billed as a "love story", yecckk! whats wrong with being a homophobe? I guess I am, don't care for them...[xx(]

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 48,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote: This should be a message to everybody there; "sorry, but we're not watching!!!".

It would appear the ticket buying public did not get the message. It is a movie guys, not one that seems very interesting, but a movie, that's all. The "gay agenda" what ever the heck that is, is not catching. It does not rub off. Besides, you are sure giving this movie a lot of attention for one you disdain. You guys can't stop playing games with trolls or picking scabs either, right?
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 31,137 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by badwrench
    I'm sick to death of all the hype and reaction to that damn movie. I could care less, honestly. It breaks box office records, I do not care. It flops, I don't care, either. I wouldn't care if it was about gay Chinese communist republican gangbanger Martians with AIDS. Why does anyone else care?

I'll second this one! I don't give a flying crap about fag cowboys.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 31,137 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Why the heck some moron thinks that someone with total indifference towards homosexuals is a homophobe is beyond my comprehension. [?]

I simply don't care about *, what they do, or whom they do it with and to. Shut up and be a fag all you want.

God bless your pointed little head, I DON'T CARE!

If it came down to watching a chick flick about * or a John Wayne war movie while drinking a beer and eating pork rinds; John Wayne is gonna get tuned in.
  • Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,036 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

There is a difference between being a homophobe (fear of gays)
    and being discusted by someone bringing up the idea of two cowboys
    smooching and cuddling by the camp fire out on the range.
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,604 ******
    edited November -1
    You all can have "* Mountain". Give me a wholesome family-oriented film with socially redeeming values like "Surf Nazis Must Die" any day. [:D]
    surfnazis.jpg
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    I understand the movie was filmed on location at Sheepie's ranch, where he served as wardrobe consultant and fluffer...
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 48,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mateo, you have crossed a line. Keep up on all the gay movie gossip do you?
  • DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 13,043
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mateomasfeo

I understand the movie was filmed on location at Sheepie's ranch, where he served as wardrobe consultant and fluffer...

Urban Legend. All this hooplah is because the guys happen to be cowboys; had they instead been attorneys, no one would be upset or the least bit surprised. Remember Perry Mason? Was he a size queen or what?
  • the loveable rat...the loveable rat... Member Posts: 969 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:I understand the movie was filmed...
    no...you're thinking of "brokedown ak47 mountain"- some dialogue:
    "your inaccurate, unclogged, hot gas system feels so good on this cold night..."
    "stop right there- just hold me close, my soviet style hardwood yearns for your peasant-rough hands"
    "in the dying campfire light- you're almost not bad looking..."
    "hush- and shut the tent *..."
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DancesWithSheep
    quote:Originally posted by mateomasfeo

Urban Legend. All this hooplah is because the guys happen to be cowboys; had they instead been attorneys, no one would be upset or the least bit surprised. Remember Perry Mason? Was he a size queen or what?

I think he was a "what."

[B)]

RAT, you're killing me!!

Perhaps you could get a co-writing credit on DWS' yet unfinished script "Alpaca Lips Now,"
  • Texas HunterTexas Hunter Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I frankly dont care at all to go and see a movie about a couple of gay guys dressed up like cowboys.

That being said i have known of one person only to see that movie and that person is a woman.
    So i am curious...Is this thing being foisted on us as something great in moviedom by the gay elite or has it really been a box office success??
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    How many homo cowboys has anyone you know ever seen?

How many people want to be a homo cowboy?

Not very damn many.

So why would Hollywood spend millions making a movie about two characters who are probably very, very rare and unlikely to encounter in real life? It is because the film is simply a propaganda film telling the public that it is "O.K." to be a rugged, manly type and still lust after your buddy's butt.

Next it will be another Homo propaganda film such as two homo cops working together, two NASCAR race drivers getting together, two coal miners getting together, and on and on.

Nothing but immoral Hollywood earning millions of dollars off of us while at the same time ramming (lol) those homo propaganda films up our.....I mean down our throats..no wait, I mean....well you get the idea. If you just have to see themovie, go to one of the megaplexes and buy a ticket for one of good movies and once inside, slip into the homo propaganda movie.
  • JgreenJgreen Member Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How many "cowboys" do ANY of you know? Fact is, that there were and are gay cowboys. Probably deep in the closet, but why would they be any different from anyone else? Why the mythology? What does it say about the men who were cowboys when it was cheaper to hire a cowboy than pay for barbed wire?
  • Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,036 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its the liberal agenda, changing the standards in our country through desensitisation. If ya see it enough it becomes common place and excepted, even embraced.