In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

A Gun That Disappeared

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited January 2017 in General Discussion
When i was 14 to 16 i got a Glenfield 30-30 for Christmas. Every year from 12 to 17 i got a rifle or shotgun.

I can not remember what happened to it. All i can come up with was my first wife sold it when she first got on drugs before i moved all of my guns out.

I have 2 pre 64 Winchesters 30-30 and 1 is real old.

I still want the one with the dear on each side of the stock by the trigger. I guess because my Dad bought me one and its gone that makes me want one even though i have 2.

Just getting old and sentimental.

Comments

• 1BigGuy1BigGuy Member Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Should auld acquaintance be forgot. . . ?

It's a sentimental time of year.
  • 84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    After my Grandfather passed, all his old shotguns (multiple SxS's etc.) Miraculously disappeared.

Nobody knew a thing. Nope.

I'm pretty sure I know where they are now. [:(!]
  • Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK :

Ive had a few dissappear over the years ? Move Monsters ? Ex Wives ? Thieves (as friends ) ??? Who Knows ... Got a short (but SAD) list ...

Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Family friend back in the old days was a collector of old and rare guns .Had many doubles by Fox and many near mint the War of Northern Aggression items .when he bought one he entered it in a ledger which had all info about the guns he had .It also detailed who was to receive that gun on his death. On his death the guns and ledger all disappeared with out a trace .Learned 25 years later that a brother took them all before the estate could be processed
    cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war.....