In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I need help posting photos

allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2005 in General Discussion
My brother emailed me a story with some color photos that would be great on this forum. I don't know how to c&p photos, or maybe my computer won't do it.
Can I email these to someone who would post them?

Comments

• nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    Start an album at www.photobucket.com It's free.

Then move pictures to the album.

Then copy and paste the URL of the picture you want to post, using the "Insert Image" tool. Paste the URL in the middle of the two sets of brackets.

If you just can't get it, email me a picture, send the link of the post where you want it put, and I will insert it for you.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email gpd035@sbcglobal.net
  • joeaf1911a1joeaf1911a1 Member Posts: 2,962 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Allen: E mail me your E mail address and I will put them in my web pics
    and give you a URL for them and you can post them and add the story.
    When I hear from you will give you my E mail address and you can send them to me. They just cant come from your computer pics unless you have
    a web storage site or such.
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    It all starts with a URL.
    You can usually get the URL of a picture on the web by right-clicking it.
    A URL looks like this:
    http://www.waltheramerica.com/images/VAH38001_lrg.jpg

Then, you put the URL between the brackets/letters provided by this icon, just above the "color" drop-down menu above the text box, when you are typing something to post:icon_editor_image.gif

Photobucket, or in my case, villagephoto, is a host, which allows me to upload .jpgs and images in other formats. After the photo has been properly uploaded, it can be viewed on the host's website. It can be viewed in a new browser window, which will mean all you see in the browser window is the photo.

The photo's URL is the web address.

This is the address you C&P between the code provided by icon_editor_image.gif.

Then, when we view your post, we see the photos, but the GB server computer is linking us to the host of the picture, thereby allowing GB to concentrate their servers on text, and their first purpose, running an auction (I understand that GB uses a separate server for the forums, but you get the idea).

Sometimes people resize photos to make them fit on a commonly-used computer screen. 640 x 480 pixels is a good start. Generally, up to 800 pixels across is O.K.

File sizes (the info in each pic) of 100 KB per pic would take five seconds each for the typical dial-up user getting only 20KB per second.

I had terrible dial-up in California. Sometimes it was so slow, the browser would think I was disconnected from the 'net, and give me an error message.

The image of this Walther PPK/S is 34 KB, small enough that most people would see it appear pretty much instantly.

If you want any photos adjusted or cropped, send'em my way. Be glad to help.