In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

This Night Vision unit any good? Calypso FT700

jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
edited June 2004 in General Discussion
171005.jpg

They are on sale @ BIG 5 Sporting Goods for $129 w/30 day $$$back guarantee. But I don't want to waste my time if it is a POS.

Calypso Model #FT700
Increased 3.8x magnification allows for greater reach

Fully focusing with coated optics and anti-bloom protection
Interchangeable lens system accepts other screw-mount lenses
Includes built-in IR illuminator for use in darkest conditions
Operates up to 10 hrs. on two (2) AA batteries (not included)
Features attached lens cover, padded hand strap & case, and 1-year limited warranty

______________________________colt.gif

Comments

• Options
    rediceredice Member Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I was looking into NV the thing that struck me the most is anything first gen I.E. cheep wont work for snot outside of in town use, you cant distinquish things in the woods with them you need expensive second gen to do that and your looking at a minumum of 750 bucks to get into it.

Not that I wouldent want to try one of those cheep ones anyhow :)
  • Options
    jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    The back yard gets pretty dark, and there is a "Manna house" down the street, helping those in need. Sometimes an odd one walks up the hill, past our place, into a dead-end road, and wanders through a neighbor's yard to the main road.

I thought it might work for a general perimeter scan before bed, but I use a 20V rechargeable flashlight for that.

Guess I'll stick with the visible spectrum for now.