In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Want to replace cutting board set. // Located!

jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
edited August 2005 in General Discussion
MIU France PE Flexible Cutting Board, 3 pack

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00011RTE8.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00011RTE8/002-1276227-3218410?_encoding=UTF8&v=glance

We [she] bought this set of four 12" x 15" x .015" cutting sheets in California.

Green vegetables
Blue fish
Yellow poultry
Red red meat

They are thin, a little thicker than 80# card stock each, and very handy. The set fits under the microwave oven, atop the fridge.

I didn't like them when she bought the set, thinking them extraneous accouterments adding to kitchen clutter, while my single cutting board had sufficed for a decade. My bachelor kitchen accessories, however, did not impress her.

Two years and two months later, the set is showing it's age. The "green" board, in particular, has a nice * through it.

The two likely retailers who might have sold the set to us have no identical product; their stock items change like a politician's allegiance.

If anyone has a lead on a supplier for this item, we'd appreciate knowing the vendor. I'd like to get a new set for us, and a few additional sets for siblings.

I should have listened to my wife two years ago, and bought several sets; these are just the thing a busy person can use in a kitchen; easy to clean, easy to store, great for preparing food items that otherwise cannot share a food preparation surface [raw chicken and salad items].

CuttingBoards.jpg

Comments

• Options
    tomh.tomh. Member Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My ball & chain says these are available at a kitchen specialty store in the mall.
    I found this: http://www.cooking.com/products/shprodli.asp?Keywords=Flexible Cutting Board
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:while my single cutting board had sufficed for a decade. My bachelor kitchen accessories, however, did not impress her.

I know the feeling, I still have my cutting board, but she hates my stove, I tell her it is because she doesn't know how to use it, [and the sad part it is true}, I have a commercial "American" brand stove with a half grill four heavy duty burners and the oven takes a full rack tray, of course it is stainless, and of course commercial pots and pans to go with it

Ford Hotel Supply Co
    (314) 231-8400 2204 N Broadway
    St Louis, MO
  • Options
    sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    well as bad as several people in here hate them Wal-Mart here has them.They are not in a set like yours but they have several different colors,come in packages of three and cost $1.99 a set.The reason I know this is I buy them to use cleaning fish,when I'm done I just toss it.no smell ,no mess ,no fuss and I don't foul up the wifes kitchen
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    You can get a 2 pack at Big Lots for $0.99. I picked up 2 packs myself this afternoon.

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    bsallybsally Member Posts: 3,165
    edited November -1
    We got some somewhere, my mom I think, I threw them out.[xx(] Move around too much.

SALLY
    Committee member-Ducks Unlimited
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote: Move around too much. Place on damp towel. That'll keep them from sliding.

I've seen the super-thin ones [xx(] No thanks! You get what you pay for.
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    The ones I picked up today are the same brand that I got from Williams Sonoma a few years ago. They are not the real thin ones.

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You know, I'm becoming more educated about this stuff all the time.

The William Sonoma ones as "Roscan" brand, made in Canada, with an anti-bacterial coating. $19.95. Not all the stores have them, so when I called three locations, I came up nill.

I was just in contact with a different store on another matter, and did learn of the Roscan product.

Incidently, I was trying to buy more Le Creuset oblong skillet pans, originally $130, now on clearance for $17. There is not a William Sonoma store in the entire USA with more than one or two. I wanted to pick up ten more of them [make great presents].