In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I'm back

bigt7mmbigt7mm Member Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭
edited May 2004 in General Discussion
Well I am now permitted to walk up stairs again. The back brace is gone and for the first time in weeks I made it through the day without a percocet. I haven't been able to get up the stairs because of my back to get to the computer. I tried at first to come up the stairs but lifting my feet up the stairs was straining my back and the Dr said not to. I just shuffled around and mostly stayed down. So now I'm going through several 1000 emails and trying to catchup. Yes I am off and hobbling a little slower but moving. I'm using tylenols and trying not to move to quik. It looks like I will be able make the June 14th show in Tulsa

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: And he that hath no sword,let him sell his garment, and buy one

Comments

• bigt7mmbigt7mm Member Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello you gun totin Rednecks (and you other people too) I have not been here for 9 years the place looks the same, decided to come back cuz I miss conversing with real people.

I think I recognize a few of ya but not sure, I can't remember my old password or even what my email address was because I moved back to Florida 7 years ago. I tried to see if my old account was still active but customer support didn't understand my inquiry. If anybody remembers me I went by the name of Lazerus without the 1.

I'm just gonna haing out for a wile n try to keep my mouth shut so's I don't make a troll of myself until I get to know ya'll a bit.
    edited November -1
    i know its been awhile since i was last here but my life has been a little hectic. I've changed a bit since the last time i was here, i got married ,sold my house ,sold my hearse, bought my wife a car, and i've added several new guns to my collection ( still don't have a camera ,sorry) anybody miss me ? probably not [;)]
    edited November -1
    Hello fellers,and ladies,finally got a little cash flowing amd just got my internet and phone going again.Sure have missed chatting with you guys
    edited November -1
    Its been a long time since I have been on the board. I didn't post much before but hopefully that will change.
    edited November -1
    Not that I really left- There was some confusion between a seller and me, resulting in my abstaining from the auction side until the issues were resolved- which they were to the satisfaction of all involved(the item in question was resold at a higher price and my payment was refunded); so now I'm back to being active on the auction side and have the lock on my forum account removed as well- Ah, I love a happy ending!!
    edited November -1
    Been up at Bigdaddys this weekend.[:D] He just ran out of beer[V] So I came home[^].
    And I did not get away with another gun this time[V][V][V][V]
    But I had a good time[:D]
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
    edited November -1
    Just walked in the door. Put down my bags and checked E-Mail. 107 messages. Thought while I was on line I would let you all know I was home.
    Mom is doing good. She still needs a little help but she should make a full recovery. I would like to thank you all for the prayers. They worked. When Toolbrat and I walked into the Hospital room 3 weeks ago we thought she would not make it. When we left yesturday she was up walking and said goodbye at the front door.
    Well its time to go to bed so I will tell all about the trip later.
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
    edited November -1
    Not that anyone cares,or even noticed,but we got back this afternoon.

Had a lovely,romantic w/e in beautiful Savannah,GA.

(Hope my wife doesn't find out).

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had a very good time from what she's told me!

Even got to see the new Bass Pro Shop!

Didn't buy anything,tho. Well,not for me anyway.[;)]

"Been around the world and seen that only stupid people are breeding.The cretins cloning and feeding,and I don't even own a T.V."---Harvey Danger
    edited November -1
    Bet you didn't even miss me LOL my puter took a crap and I had to get it fixed I hate when that happens hope I didn't miss much over the weekend. I guess I am addicted to this forum could not wait to see
    who was stiring who.

bull.txt
    col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    O give me a home where no democrats roam
    edited November -1
    Have not had a phone or power since saturday due to the ice storm. One of my trees took out the lines and they didn't get them fixed until today. Luckily I heat with gas so I had water and heat used a generator to run my fridge and freezer and a few lamps but not my computer (did not trust my gen not to screw it up with power fluctuations) We had 2 1/2 " of ice fall here and it has not been above freezing this week. They finally got the road 1 block from me graded but my street is still a sheet of ice. Anything big happened sincr Friday?
    edited November -1
    got back from the hospital last night with my new knee. going to physical therapy today.HURTS LIKE HELL even under the influnce of drugs. yearofspider should be posting a picture soon. cant sit very long, got to go lay down for now
    edited November -1
    Been a rough couple of days. No Power. Ice Storm took it out.

Cold did not really bother me but the CPAP batter power pack gave up the Ghost the 1st night, So Have not been sleeping that well

Plus them Baby Wipe showers just do not cut it.

Just as I finished hooking up my Solution to the CPAP the power came on.

A newer version of this

maxresdefault.jpg
    edited November -1
    and with no deer or hogs.........Went to tru-love ranch in Sabinal Tx.
    The deer and hogs were the wildest I've ever seen......... The ranch is bowhunting only, year round....... Hogs are hunted year round and wild as hell.........Couldn't even get a shot at night.....turn on the light and their gone.........Deer walk around like squirrel hunters looking in the trees........Unbelieveable how wild they were...
    We were a group of 11 and killed 3 does 60to70 lbs, 1 spike 85lbs and 1 hog 220 lbs in six hunts........ Half the guys left a day early with two hunts paid for....... That's how bad it was............ but that's hunting and especially hunting on pressured land.........

Other than that it was great to get away for five days......drank a few beers around the ole camp fire............

coonass

We Live in a World of Give And Take, But A Lot Of People Won't Give What it Takes.
    edited November -1
    So much to cover over my 2 week vacation, where to begin?

Well let's start with what could have been. Week before last I had 2000 rounds of 1981 USGI .45 ammo for sale @ .60 cents a round. And last week I had 1,680 rounds of 1972 Viet Nam 5.56 in stripper and bandoliers, and it too sold it for .60 cents a round.

This weeks military find is yet another odd ball item, you experts will have to let me know how to price this thing. Here it is:

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=344730873

While we are talking auctions, here is a slightly used Walther P22 for sale: http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=343933888

And for Bamafan and Bama55, one last chance at a can of the 30-06 spam cans I offered a few months back. I had a buyer to run into money issues and has asked me to sell this for him. http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=344236281

Let's see what else took place. Here are a few pics of me at the machine gun shoot.

Me and the suppressed Armalite .50 cal

DSCN0224_zps53d16d88.jpg

40mm Grenade launcher
    DSCN0222_zps338bfe39.jpg

And the rest of my pics got deleted, so I'll use pops pics:

M2

DSCN0240_zps1819ed20.jpg

MP5

DSCN0238_zps872a3cca.jpg

G3

DSCN0233_zps42fae05b.jpg

M14A1

DSCN0228_zps3440ec46.jpg

Also, while on the Ranch, we got to visit a couple of the animals:

DSCN0216_zps811e2ee3.jpg

Me feeding the Giraffe a cookie

DSCN0199_zps75b961da.jpg

Daddy was not a happy camper:

DSCN0189_zps17f4e868.jpg

Mommy and Baby much friendlier:

DSCN0187_zps80a85706.jpg

And...

How the hell are you guys? Have a good Memorial Day?
    edited November -1
    I'm back from a five day sojurn to Pittsburgh. I went for the weekend and stayed to watch my beloved Steelers thump the Titans. I appreciate all of your comments on the thread I posted just before I left. Now I need to go see what kind of madness has developed since I left.
    When you want to dial long distance...AT&T, .223, or Jeremiah 33.3?Member:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets
    edited November -1
    I'm back. I had a quadruple bypass and an annueurism(sp) lanced and repaired on the the heart muscle. I can't use my upper body at all. I am sore. I appreciate all the prayers and well wishes. I got three drain tubes out the day of surgery. Which was Tuesday. I got moved into a regular room on Thursday and the two wires removed. I got the catheter out of my ____ Thursday, also. They romoved all but one I.V. line Friday and said I could go home on Saturday. My hemoglobin dropped and I had to stay until today. I have to go lie down. See ya'll soon. Thanks.
    edited November -1
    still dealing with alot but im trying hard to keep my head up

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
    SEMPER FI
    edited November -1
    Just got back from 3 days up at the cabin. It's on the Cacapon River about 25 or so miles north east of Berkley Springs, WVA. About 2 miles off the road, up and on the other side of the Mtn.

Got a hunting cabin up there that sleeps 12-14, but, no elec or running water and sits on about 1200 acres. I was there alone...just me and a bunch of guns. I drilled holes in lots of targets. Damn near got rid of all the ammo I took up (little over 1300 rds) for all the different guns. I had 22, 22 mag, 45acp, 9mm, 357mag, 44 mag, 500 S&W, 25-06, 375 H&H, 22-250 and a 12 ga.

Got a field below the cabin that about 180-250 yds long that I set up for rifles. My 375 groups as good as the 25-06 at around 200 yds, while not surprising, did impress me as I had previously sited it in at only 100 yds. I guess its the rifle, the hold. I've had it since the mid 80's and the 25-06 I just got about 3 months ago.

Anyway, had a ton of fun, got lots of brass and am home before the looneys hit the road tonite or tomorrow morn.

"the difference between the almost right word and the right word is like the difference between a lightning bug and a lightning bolt" - Mark Twain.
    edited November -1
    For those of you that were wondering hurricane Ivan didn't get the best of me. Sadly since tuesday we've gone through $500.00 in beer alone, (3 single guys) Pensacola looks like a war zone, the beach is gone, downtown is destroyed the Navy base is "closed indefinetly" and alot of other things were in very bad shape. the 5.5K generator kept the beer cool and we had plenty of other stuff to go around. My house made it with only very minor damage, some of my neighbors houses are down for the count so I've been working a chain saw 12 hours a day just trying to help them out. I just got power back on but it's because I am on the same power grid as one of the hospitals, so I'm one of the lucky ones around here. Just wanted to update you. P3- I'll try and head out your way in the next few days once we get my neighborhood cleaned up, If anyone in the area needs anything let me know and I'll try and get it to you. I'm pretty well stocked.

R/

Dave
    th_bigclay.bmp
    How different the world would be if we could consult the veteran instead of the politician. - Henry Miller
    edited November -1
    I have been healed up for a while now but between playing catchup and working I've been neglecting my computer time. I missed the Wannemacher show and wondered how you guys did at it.
    edited November -1
    hellow all.After a year or so hiaidis I'm back with my trade mark miss spelling and empty the clip or give me the gun attitude you've missd so verry much.So to thoes who know me give me a holler and tell me what you've been up to and to thoes I'm meeting for the first time tell me about yourself and I look foward to getting to know you.

prehaps I should tell a little about myself so you'all know who it is your talking to . I'm a 30 year old man ,I am happily married with 1 son .I work at home mostly as a technition.Iam a live and let live kinda guy mostly exept when others try to tell me how to live. My idea of gun control is you control yours and I'll control mine .If you don't want one then don't tell me how to control mine.
    I was born and raised in south Georiga and moved to Missouri about three years ago .I hunt and fish ,raise my son and try to live life.that's about it .I look foward to talking with all ya'll .

tommyd
    edited November -1
    Did ya'll miss me?
    Due to AT&T screwing up I was without internet since Dec 22 and just got it back today.
    Sooooo, what all did I miss?
    edited November -1
    Been a busy last couple weeks. Moved into our new place and been doing alot of situating and decorating. Been shopping around for a new tv because one gave out before the move and our backup got broken during the move[:(]. All and all though, everything has went pretty well. I even have my own man cave now[:D][:p][;)]. So what all did I miss the last few weeks?

Jon
    edited November -1
    Been a bit busy the past week or so and haven't had the opportunity to post. I feel warm and fuzzy all over with all the headlines asking about my absence on the post....

OK, it was a nice try.

"the difference between the almost right word and the right word is like the difference between a lightning bug and a lightning bolt" - Mark Twain.
    edited November -1
    and I missed you guys
    edited November -1
    Hey everyone,
    I'm back. Katrina took me down but I'm up and running 500 miles away from where I used to live. Still fighting with ins comapnies but settled down to new area.
    Miss me?
    Joe
    edited November -1
    Hi. A professor gig newly involving administration leaves little time. That promotion comes with some extra hours. So I've been gone from the board for about a week. Any big new issues?
    Closest I've been to a firearm is my office picture of me pointing a Mustang off a bridge (illegal but only a pose).

Any news about that bill trying to add the Mini-14 to banned "assault weapons"? Saw an edition of "West Wing" the other night, in which a Black Congressman from a tough district opposed the Demo Administration's gun ban bill. "Good," said I. Then the solon explained that he opposed the "insanity" clause, because anybody who even wanted one of those guns was crazy. "@#$$$%' @^&*(%^!" I said.
    I like Martin Sheen's acting, but his real-life 2nd Amendment views stink as badly as his character's, the President. And in the show, their bill passed, after they reduced their demands to certain grip lengths, etc. "Well," said the Vice President, "these things take time." That's real-life strategy we heard. We may be talking generations, although I hear many of you saying a total ban could be here sooner. I like to believe it will never happen, that someome will preserve our cause and carry it forward.
    edited November -1
    Mrs njretcop has convinced her doctors and her employer to allow her to return to work on Monday on a limited basis. She is to come home when she gets tired or feels weak.

It is probably going to be good for her to get her mind back on work and off cancer and doctors and hospitals. We would both like to thank ALL of the people on GunBroker for your thoughts and prayers.

I am trying to read up on what has been happening since I was gone, but I see that I am really behind on things.

Blue_car.gif

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
    edited November -1
    Just got power back up about 4 hours ago. From what I understand alot of Houston is still without power.

This was the first direct hit for me. We were in the eye for about 1 hour. My home came out just fine. My wifes mothers house had a tree fall through it. My buddy had a tree fall on his house and his truck he had just got done tricking out. I don't think the truck is that damaged, but the house won't be so lucky. My sister lost her fenced, otherwise her house is fine.

There was a mile long line for gas the day after the hurricane. Guess folks are to stupid to fill up before. Now the lines are more like 2 miles long around my neighborhood. Folks were having tail gate parties drinking it up in line haha.

I've learned a few things. I'll be buying quite a few gas cans, chainsaw, little battery operated radio and the batteries for it, and hopefully a decent sized generator. All comfort items, I had the nessary dealt with.

I took some pictures and video. I'll try and post them later.
    edited November -1
    well after a few weeks of Air Force "combat" training i'm home again. it was really wuite comical, but i AM a Marine! anyway, i'm home now, and quite tired. it was good training, with a full weeke of force on force using miles gear, which uses lasers attached to an m16 and sensors on the people to simulate being hit. due to my experience i was always on call, so i got abot 2 hours of sleep the whole week. good time was had by most. a few whiners, but that was expected. big surprise, but i was voted the honor graduate.

SGT USMC
    SSGT USAF
    The greatest happiness is to see your enemy scattered before you, to see his village in ashes, and to gather to your bed his wives and daughters.-Genghis Khan 1226
    edited November -1
    Are we allowed to post our opinions that God exists without someone getting buligerente about it. Or should I go back to a site where freedom of speach is allowed still. You now, where real Americans post[:D]
    edited November -1
    Just got back from seeing my friends and family. Had spotty computer access while on vacation, so my postings were short and erratic to say the least.

But now I'm back for the forseeable future. Hope y'all have been behaving yourselves while I was gone!
    edited November -1
    ..I know, nobody missed me, 'cause I've been a slacker on here lately. We were in MN fishing for a week. We threw everything at them, but the fishing was tough going. Still, we brought home some pike, walleye and perch fillets on ice.
    ..Took the long way home to avoid the Chicago area traffic and that turned into a 14 hour drive. On the plus side, the new Silverado averaged 22 mpg for the trip..[^]
    ..I think the highlight for me was passing through an obscure town and spotting this steam locomotive in a MN park. I do love the steam engines. This is one big loco!

http://rgusrail.com/mndmir225.html
    edited November -1
    What'd I miss?
    edited November -1
    For those of you old farts (er...other than me I guess...) who remember those days of yesteryear...ie; lil' pearl onions, "Bob's Best", a SuperMonkey with an unusual appendage mounted on his backside, a Hotchkiss model 1878 1" bore revolving cannon mounted on the deck of the "Alabama Queen"....Salute.
    I'll be in touch here in cyber-land for a short time. Woody

Edited by - woodsmith42 on 08/07/2002 14:06:50
  • kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    Welcome back, ya ain't missing much today[;)]

Love them Beavers
    orst-title-1.gif
  • DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Savannah is one of my favorite cities. Stayed at the Kehoe House once. Of course, I had to have someone read me the menu. Welcome back.
  • HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    Welcome back.

If the reader was from the Army, could he pronounce the words? [:D]Correctly? [:D]

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.
    Don't assume malice for what stupidity can explain.
  • DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HAIRY
    If the reader was from the Army, could he pronounce the words? Correctly?

No. He could not overcome the sum of his beers.
    edited November -1
    Hehehe........

If you like Savannah,you should try Charleston sometime.[;)]

The menus are all pictures.[8)]

"Been around the world and seen that only stupid people are breeding.The cretins cloning and feeding,and I don't even own a T.V."---Harvey Danger