In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

DON'T SAY THIS DOWN SOUTH!!!

WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,814 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2004 in General Discussion
"I'm from California."

I had to stop and ask directions today because I don't know where anything is, and I was talking with this girl for five or ten minutes which was going just fine until she asked where I moved here from, I said "California". Her reaction to that was hillarious, and it wasn't really worth explaining that I was stationed there and transfered to Florida, but if you ever find yourself down south, don't use the "C" word.

R/

Dave
th_bigclay.bmp
How different the world would be if we could consult the veteran instead of the politician. - Henry Miller

Comments

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    She was thinking. Hell ya, good-looking guy asking for directions. "Where ya from?" "California." "Uh-Oh, Must be gay then"

www.RightFieldSucks.com
  • duckyducky Member Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you will be welcome with open arms if you tell someone in Austin that your from California. Get 15-20min outside of town though and you might not get the same reception.
  • oldgunneroldgunner Member Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In my area, you'd get a head shake, hand shake, a promise to pray for you, and seventeen invitations to attend church while you're in town.

There are no bad guns, only bad people.
  • 358 WINCHESTER358 WINCHESTER Member Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dave never ever never say that here just say "I'm in the navy" then if it gets to where you were at before you say "I was stationed on the west cost" only use the "C" word as a last resort.
    Ron.
    Going to make the gun show in the morning?

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dave, hang out down there long enough and you'll start talking like them. Then they won't believe you when you say you're from Calif. After driving longhaul in the south, people here in Ca. wouldn't believe I lived here! When you go to the gunshow, buy you another Rem. 742 and send the other one to your dad!
  • outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    Ya mean Dave is gonna start soundin' like that Black Roses lady? [;)]
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Dave, do you have permanent lodgings yet? If so, you want to let me in on the secret so I can ship your wads? [;)]

Better the PRK than NY, NJ or the PRH (People's Republik of Hyannisport) . . . at least KA has a few socially redeeming qualities.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain) ". . . And liberals / DemoWipes" (me)
  • interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    That ain't nothing. Tell em your from Florida and staying when passing through North Carolina.[:D]

free_israel_web.gifCarpe_Scrotum.gif

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
  • OklahomaboundOklahomabound Member Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't use the "C" word in Oregon either. I was visiting MOM and was at a gas station, the folks from "C" were a little impatient and the propietor told them to move on.... no gas.[:)]

976371019-1.jpg "Know the true value of time; snatch, seize, and enjoy every moment of it." Lord Chesterfield
  • Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    Not the "C" word. You may not make it out alive here in some othese small towns out in the hills and woods of good ol'e Kentucky or Tennessee. [:D][:D]

NSDQ!

American_IR_Flag.jpgr6team.gifNS_Crest.jpg

"The Lord knows the way I take, and when He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold" JOB 23:10
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    When i was in Philly people thought it was pretty cool to be going to Pensacola for vacation.
    To them, it is pretty hoo-hum...

Check out Fort Pickens.

Plus, just before you enter the access road, there is a great bar on the right.
    Gals from 1.5 hours away, from the sticks, drive there for some action.