In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Back from Tooland.

bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
edited November 2003 in General Discussion
Took the whole clan down the road to Tool's place yesterday. Met a number of GBers and their family members. Kids did not want to leave last night. Even the teenager said "it didn't suck" which is high praise indeed.
Lots of good food.
I enjoyed being able to share some of my guns with folks who appreciate them. Had a ball shooting clays out back of the house.May have made a few believers in the superior qualities of the Browning O&U.I think all the clay shooters had a box through it.Wish I'd brought the 28 gauge for Spiny to try.
Before anyone else starts posting about it, I tried four times to drink a beer, but everytime I'd sit one down it would disappear or be empty when I went to pick it up to take a sip. Never did get to drink one so I gave up on trying. Just as well since I had to do the driving later.
Only two small mishaps. One was Tool's model 12 going off minutes after the trigger was pulled, so it got sidelined. The second was when two of the children went for a walk without telling us so we had to cease fire until we determined that they were not down range and knew where it was ok to walk around. My wife was very happy to see that we are safety minded gun nuts and are more than willing to stop when in doubt. Made a good impression on her and will no doubt make my next purchase a little easier to swallow.
Was a little chilly for playing guitars outside, but we did our best. Boy that Spiny has a singing voice like you wouldn't believe. Kind of stingy with the jerky though, glad I snuck a few pieces into my pocket for the ride home.There were pictures taken and I'm sure some will be posted after everyone gets home from Tooland. My favorite photo is the guns all lined up. It was a pretty impressive display for the small number of folks there.

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems

Comments