In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Everyone has one so give it to me!

Dixie ChickDixie Chick Member Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
GSG-5 $500.00 Deal or not?
Any Pros or Cons
Have photo but would have to email the link!!

Happy Halloween!

Comments

• tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    are you sure flea won't mind[:p][;)][:D]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Buy it as an investment...they are not making anymore. HK sued and won...they have to change the design of the weapon now.
  • Dixie ChickDixie Chick Member Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tomahawk
    are you sure flea won't mind[:p][;)][:D]

No honey, What Flea don't know will not hurt him!![:D]

It could be a future Christmas present
  • shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    since the last thread about them not being able to make them anymore i have sold around 10 of them in the store this last week.
    i have the titanium versions marked '1st anneversary", i sell them for 420, i would list an auction for you if you want, free shipping to forum members too[:)]

please dont poof, i am not trying to circumvent the auction side, just saying that i have some that i am selling for alot cheaper than where she is looking.
  • BaseJumperBaseJumper Member Posts: 5,570
    edited November -1
    quote:Buy it as an investment...they are not making anymore. HK sued and won...they have to change the design of the weapon now.

take shootuadeal's offer. You are not likely to get a better one due to ECC's post above. I bought one 6 or 8 months ago and I really enjoy shooting that thing!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shootuadeal
    since the last thread about them not being able to make them anymore i have sold around 10 of them in the store this last week.
    i have the titanium versions marked '1st anneversary", i sell them for 420, i would list an auction for you if you want, free shipping to forum members too[:)]

please dont poof, i am not trying to circumvent the auction side, just saying that i have some that i am selling for alot cheaper than where she is looking.

I expect my cut when this is all said and done![;)][}:)]
  • RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    A hoot to shoot--and I ain't partin' with mine.[^]
  • tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ECC

I expect my cut when this is all said and done![;)][}:)]

what flea don't know won't hurt him[:p]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dixie Chick
    Any Pros or Cons

Happy Halloween!

A deal is when the seller and the buyer both walk away happy. Personally, I have no opinion of it either way.

I am looking for a Kel-tech su-16 myself, but I am not happy about prices. Not gonna pay nearly 600 for one, and I can't seem to find one used, in a price range I like. [V]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dixie Chick
    Any Pros or Cons

Happy Halloween!
    New or used? Condition/accessories?

I have one and it is the cats-* in fun.

$500 is a fair price for a new one, but if used, IMO, it is high, unless it has accessories.
  • LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    GSG-5 .22LR

*This Gun is NOT for sale in: California, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, or Hawaii*
    This product has been discontinued.
    Only 2 available!
    (as of 10/19/2009)
    Sale Price: $1999.99

Wonder just how many fools will buy at that price? Kind of reminds me of when Winchester folded and people were looking for Model 70's..lol
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's an expensive plastic airsoft 22LR toy that can no longer be imported. [:o)]
  • BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1

That isn't bad.[}:)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by LesWVa
    GSG-5 .22LR

*This Gun is NOT for sale in: California, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, or Hawaii*
    Only 2 available!
    (as of 10/19/2009)

Wonder just how many fools will buy at that price? Kind of reminds me of when Winchester folded and people were looking for Model 70's..lol

holy jesus, maybe i better order a few more[:0] even when they get scarce i would settle for 1/4 of that. i will always sell them for 420 regardless though.

i only have 6 left, but i can get alot more.

generally i use 5 main distributors and a few more smaller ones but there is only 1 that has alot of them left.
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I plan on buying 2 (maybe 3). I'll use one for a stock plinker. I was thinking if I buy 3 I can sell two and I recon after the sale the third one would be free (after the price goes up).

I may have to take up shootuadeal's deal [:D].
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by drobs
    That's an expensive plastic airsoft 22LR toy that can no longer be imported. [:o)]

Yes it is and here's the link to that fools $1999.99 toy.

http://www.proguns.com/gsg-5.asp

yoshmyster
    I would not wait to long to grab a few if you want them. I read where one distributor had sold over 400 of them in a 24 hour period while researching another firearm. Wish I could remember or find the site that I saw that on. They had listed the name of three different distributors and the numbers of GS-5's that were sold and the totals were unreal.
  • VirgilCaineVirgilCaine Member Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You folks better be careful, you might get flea bit.
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This post is no goooooood without pictures[V]
  • bhale187bhale187 Member Posts: 7,798
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ECC
    Buy it as an investment...they are not making anymore. HK sued and won...they have to change the design of the weapon now.

Better yet buy 2, because they are a ton of fun to shoot. On the shooter be sure to immediately replce the butstock with a classic army or similar stock, the originals are junk plastic.
  • PEZHEAD265PEZHEAD265 Member Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    420 is a great price the best I seen them was 440 plus shipping.
  • beneteaubeneteau Member Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Am I missing something?

I just checked the auction side and saw several GSG-5's with a BIN price well under $500.00.
    0M9InwN.gif[
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    buy some extra firing pins while you can [;)]
  • bhale187bhale187 Member Posts: 7,798
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by beneteau

Am I missing something?

I just checked the auction side and saw several GSG-5's with a BIN price well under $500.00.

Most I've seen were around $450 but when you add in shipping and transfer fees you are spending about $500 and having to wait to get it.
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    GSG-5 .22LR

Only 2 available!
    (as of 10/19/2009)

holy jesus, maybe i better order a few more[:0] even when they get scarce i would settle for 1/4 of that. i will always sell them for 420 regardless though.

generally i use 5 main distributors and a few more smaller ones but there is only 1 that has alot of them left.
    Hey if you wouldnt mind letting me know who still has them I would appreciate it.
    Thanbks
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MVP
    GSG-5 .22LR

Only 2 available!
    (as of 10/19/2009)

Hey if you wouldnt mind letting me know who still has them I would appreciate it.
    Thanbks
    C&S in Saint Charles has one.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MVP
    GSG-5 .22LR

Only 2 available!
    (as of 10/19/2009)

Thanbks

mvp, i sent you an email.
    edited November -1
    MVP
    You may try

Ellett Brothers, LLC

or

Sports South, LLC

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=140641947
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
  • givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    Shootuadeal: there's a way to put your auctions into your sig line. Ask Locust, or sumsuch. Even if you have nothing listed at the moment, the link will be there to access at any time. You could (in the sig line) offer some sort of break to us GB'ers, if you wish, also! Best, Joe
  • oldgunmanoldgunman Member Posts: 1,779 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dixie girl -you do have a way with words![:D][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by givette
    Shootuadeal: there's a way to put your auctions into your sig line. Ask Locust, or sumsuch. Even if you have nothing listed at the moment, the link will be there to access at any time. You could (in the sig line) offer some sort of break to us GB'ers, if you wish, also! Best, Joe

after several emails i received i think i will list a dutch auction when i get back home tonight. for those that are interested i will just put a link to the auction here and whoever wants one they can have one. 420 and ill pay the shipping. ill get a count after a couple of days and order them if i dont have that many in the store.
    so keep your eye open. ill also take payments too if money is tight.