In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What is going on with Ammo - Flying out the doors

sigarmsp226sigarmsp226 Member Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭
edited October 2008 in General Discussion
This might not be the situation where you live but here in Mississippi ammo if going out the doors of dealers and retail stores like crazy. I was in WalMart and witnessed a guy buy $ 1890.00 worth of ammo. Mostly pistol ammo. I visited one of the local gun shops that has a good established business, while visiting a guy bought $ 450.00 worth of ammo. I asked the owner if this was normal he said in the past 3 months yes - He told me that he has sold over $ 100,000.00 of ammo thus far this year when he normally sells 25-30 thousand dollars in a year. I realize ammo has gone up but our local WalMart shelf and this dealers shelf's are half empty. Rumor has it that ammo might be taxed in 09 if the wrong party gets in the White House. Comments ???

Comments

• Options
    dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been getting more calls in the last week that I have all year....
    I'm gonna raise my rates after "o" wins...

Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • Options
    DieHard4DieHard4 Member Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sigarmsp226
    This might not be the situation where you live but here in Mississippi ammo if going out the doors of dealers and retail stores like crazy. I was in WalMart and witnessed a guy buy $ 1890.00 worth of ammo. Mostly pistol ammo. I visited one of the local gun shops that has a good established business, while visiting a guy bought $ 450.00 worth of ammo. I asked the owner if this was normal he said in the past 3 months yes - He told me that he has sold over $ 100,000.00 of ammo thus far this year when he normally sells 25-30 thousand dollars in a year. I realize ammo has gone up but our local WalMart shelf and this dealers shelf's are half empty. Rumor has it that ammo might be taxed in 09 if the wrong party gets in the White House. Comments ???

If you have the money to spare I suggest you do the same. And you might want to do it now, because business may very well pick up even more starting Wednesday.
  • Options
    sigarmsp226sigarmsp226 Member Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One other thing I forgot to mention - the manager of the WalMart Sporting Goods section stated that Corporate told him Jan 1 the ammo prices would be increasing between 15-40 percent depending on the brand and type...Might be a good time to Load up...
  • Options
    beneteaubeneteau Member Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just ordered a few minutes ago (online) over $300.00 of ammo myself. .223, 45ACP and some 9mm. Will be buying more.

Last Saturday, I helped out in my local dealer's store (he was attending a gun show) and sold 2-500rd bricks of .223 and 7.62 plus several individual boxes of ammo.
    0M9InwN.gif[
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buschmaster
    not long ago somebody said walmart was going to quit selling ammo altogether jan. 1. I called all the stores in the area and asked them. I got everything from "no" to "some stores" to "yes".

ask the guy from 1 store what he thinks, totally worthless.

heh heh,
    Your lucky if they can tell you where the restroom is, and you you think they will have a inkling about corporate plans?.....
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is nothing going on here in Wyoming, AR-15's, AK's, ammo all sitting on the shelves, nothing moving!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chris8161
    There is nothing going on here in Wyoming, AR-15's, AK's, ammo all sitting on the shelves, nothing moving!

I had a guy call today looking for a AR, I told him to check GB....
    Don
  • Options
    shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i was thinking of sending obama a thank you letter[:D]

i have sold more ars in the last month than in the last 3 years, around 30 or so and 1 barrett semi auto 50 cal.

i think the threat of him being president has done more for the gun industry than all the gun companies advertising combined.