In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Last Smoke

Shadow62Shadow62 Member Posts: 828 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2005 in General Discussion
I put out my last cigarette at or
around 7:pm.... i am 42 and i
started at 12 years old time to
Quit!!!!
[:D][:D][:D]

Shadow62

almost 24 hours without a smoke!!!
[:D]

Comments

• Options
    8yellowfintuna8yellowfintuna Member Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hope you can do it...good luck

"Beam me up Scottie"
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    More power to ya.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    cacti25cacti25 Member Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck my young friend, you'll need it.
  • Options
    ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quitters never win

btw, I quit about 3 weeks ago.. a lot easier for me, only been smoking about a year...

sniper.gifhappy.gifanim_sniper.gif

"I will no longer debate a liberal because I feel they are beneath contempt. Just communicating with one contaminates a person." - whiteclouder
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hope you make it. [:)]
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Like you, I started sometime around 11-12 ... quit the last time, 7 days before my 45th birthday using Zyban ... Thats been over 2 years ago and I'm still smoke free; It can be done ... its easy while your still on the pill, but ween yourself off slowly!

Once in a while I'll just see someone taking a long drawl and exhale and remember ... thats the closest I come to having a craving.

(You'll have a lot more "gun-money" [;)])

If you really want to do something, you'll find a way ...
    ... If you don't, you'll find any excuse.
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    old single shotsold single shots Member Posts: 3,594
    edited November -1
    Quitting smokeing is easy.I have done it hundreds of times.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    if I even think about smoking, I just call myself a p-ssy.. works everytime. not joking

"I will no longer debate a liberal because I feel they are beneath contempt. Just communicating with one contaminates a person." - whiteclouder
  • Options
    old single shotsold single shots Member Posts: 3,594
    edited November -1
    That's only because you is one.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by old single shots
    That's only because you is one.

I think from now on I'll tell myself "You're gonna end up a pansy like Old Single Shots if you smoke"

thatd probably work better

• Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by ruger270man
    if I even think about smoking, I just call myself a p-ssy.. works everytime. not joking

You are what you eat!

Phil

I learn something new everyday.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Good luck...don't make the mistake I did. I went back to Coppenhagen. I've been off the Ciggs for 10.5 months, but now I'm hooked on the snuff.

Eric

All American Arms Company

www.galleryofguns.com
    VIP Code: AAAC

Veteran Owned and Operated
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by guntech59

You are what you eat!

[:p]

• Options
    CHGOTHNDERCHGOTHNDER Member Posts: 8,936 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck I did it.

PJ

editorialcolor.bmp
    If nobody seen you do it, how could you have done it. NRA Endowment Member, AF&AM, Shriner Life Member, A.B.A.T.E. of Illinois "Chicago Chapter" Founding Member & Board Member
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    well, if you start to become homicidal, put on a patch. When you put it on, you will realize how powerful nicotine is. It will help get you through the first week.

You only have to make it one week to get a good handle on it. Hear me? One damn week, the it will be much smoother sailing.

Ben
  • Options
    Texas_ShooterTexas_Shooter Member Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ECC
    Good luck...don't make the mistake I did. I went back to Coppenhagen. I've been off the Ciggs for 10.5 months, but now I'm hooked on the snuff.

Eric

All American Arms Company

www.galleryofguns.com
    VIP Code: AAAC

Veteran Owned and Operated

I have never smoked but I have been hooked on Copenahgen for over 30 years. I think the snuff habit is harder to kick than cigarettes as I have tried and failed many times to quit

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." - John Wayne
  • Options
    eastwood44mageastwood44mag Member Posts: 2,655 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    well, if you start to become homicidal, put on a patch. When you put it on, you will realize how powerful nicotine is. It will help get you through the first week.

You only have to make it one week to get a good handle on it. Hear me? One damn week, the it will be much smoother sailing.

Ben

Week 3 was the worst when I quit chewing (the past 3 times). Cold turkey is the only way to do it. Good luck.

O Lord,
    grant me the Serenity
    to accept the things
    I cannot change
    the courage to change the things I can,
    and the supreme firepower to make the difference.
  • Options
    nomadictaonomadictao Member Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I smoked for 25+ years and quit. It is easier when you realize smoking will kill you. Next time you want a smoke imagine putting a 44 Mag in your mouth and pulling the trigger. It worked for me.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Good luck to you shadow....how are you doing now?....

Classic and I both quit...him while in the hospital, and me 6 months later....Its so worth it, even with the few extra pounds that are put on after quitting.......

Keep us posted

cute_skunk.gif

Hudson.gif
    Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • Options
    FishnshootFishnshoot Member Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck. I smoked about 2 packs a day for about 5 years, quit for a year, than about a pack a day for another year and a half. Finally just quit right when I graduated from college, as I didn't want to enter the "professional" work force as a smoker.

It was really hard for the first few days, than a little better for the next couple of weeks (but still tough). Than it really took another 3 months to be okay with it around bars.

But it was so worth it!! I'm really glad that I did it and hope that by quitting I will live longer (at least due to health). There are no guarantees, but I'm only willing to do so much to my body that are choices by me.

Anyways, good luck, stick with it. Just do as many push ups as you can whenever you have a craving (it helped me) and is better than eating all of the time.