In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Guns..President..

TwoDogsTwoDogs Member Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
edited October 2003 in General Discussion
Who is the the last President you think packed heat on a regular basis?
My offhand pick is TR or maybe Ike...
Who is the last one you belive may have kept a fireman in the Presidental living quarters??
Is the second question even valid...? He has SS and White House security...
Think any had the forthought or cajoines to pack..as a last line of defense..in case things got REAL bad??
And last...if you were elected President would you keep a personal firearm acessible??

This is going to be my "campfire question" tomorrow night...It's OPENING rifle weekend in TEXAS...would like ya'lls imput..
Thanks in advance,

Twodogs

Twodogs

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    I dont think any of them ever did, They have LOT'S of body Gards, the best that our Tax Dollars can buy.
  • Options
    22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/1327/1027focus.html

t was only after the assassination of William McKinley that measures in security for the president were taken. Secretary of the Treasury Lyman J. Gage took matters into his own hands and assigned Secret Service agents to guard Theodore Roosevelt. After the assassination of McKinley the police unit assigned to guard the White House was increased to a staff of six men. Teddy Roosevelt was protected by the Secret Service. He also said that he carried a hand gun on himself for personal protection.

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/1327/1027focus.html

underway.gif
    You can lead a horse to water but....you can't make him a duck
  • Options
    Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    I know from personal experience that Lyndon Johnson almost always carried one of three different personal firearms.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
  • Options
    wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,103 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know if any presidents carried firearms, but I wouldn't doubt if Clinton kept a "fireman" in the presidential living quarters.[;)]

Old? First you forget names; then you forget faces; then you forget to pull your zipper up; then you forget to pull your zipper down.
    standard.jpg
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,711 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's some interesting thinkin' twodogs...
    We've not had a pro-hunting and pro-gun president that did more than T.R.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    chunkstylechunkstyle Member Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lincoln employed Pinkertons to be personal security. I don't think Ike packed heat, he often was unarmed even when he was a General.

"Go to Lakedaemon, stranger passing by;
    And say there, that in obedience to her law, here we lie"
  • Options
    NickCWinterNickCWinter Member Posts: 2,927
    edited November -1
    Doug Wilson - Do tell, how'd you find out about LBJ's gats?
  • Options
    Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    I met him on several occasions during 1967 & 1968, when I was involved in the Civil Rights Movement, at his ranch. I was not a friend or confidante, just someone on the edges. I believe that today he would be considered a Conservative.

Things like that hurt my head.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911