In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anyone have WPW ?

ItGoBangItGoBang Member Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2003 in General Discussion
WPW is WOLFF-PARKINSON-WHITE syndrome. You heart will speed up, and not slow down. My hart beat got to 231... the norm for most people is 60-90 beats per minute. I need to have Catheter Ablation, thats 8-10 hrs long in the OR. Has anyone had this procedure???

It will hurt you, More than it will hurt me..

Life Member... NRA & Friends of the NRA
American Legion, MECU, MWCA, SMSC, NASDS
Thanks for all the help!

Comments

• Options
    muleymuley Member Posts: 1,583 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear that. Hope you get well soon. Is this a one time treatment? Or, do you have to follow up every once in a while? My old hunting buddy is in the hospital for symptoms very close to yours. He has very severe anxiety attacks and his heart races to over 200. Also, respiratory problems to go along with it. Anyway, glad to see you are posting.....[^][:D]
    muley
  • Options
    outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    Have no knowledge with it, but wishin' you the best!
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have heard of some guys going through this procedure, not sure of the reason.
    They came through it fine.
    Best to ya.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    NickCWinterNickCWinter Member Posts: 2,927
    edited November -1
    Let us know when. We'll pray, and you know prayer works.
  • Options
    robomanroboman Member Posts: 6,436
    edited November -1
    Good luck with your surgery. Get well soon! [^]

VarmTS.jpg
    http://www.cafepress.com/gunrightsforall
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Yo, IGB; it's not a bad procedure.
    My Dad went through the very same thing about a year ago. They pass a small tube into your artery and try to get your electrons in a row or something. The heart gets fired by a nerve that sits just outside one of the valves, and sometimes the nerve "hiccups", like when your leg gets to twitching a muscle all by itself sometimes, and when the tube is in there; they try to re-time the hiccup.
    They went in through his leg, since his arms are so tough. He got a lot better in about 3 weeks. His only lasting after-effect is the huge bruise he still has on the inside of his thigh. No pain, but it looks awful!

You'll be OK in no time, Pard!

If you know it all; you must have been listening.WEAR EAR PROTECTION!
  • Options
    spinyspiny Member Posts: 3,117
    edited November -1
    I know nothing about it, but will send thoughts and prayers your way. Good luck!

spiny
    'not all who wander are lost'
  • Options
    Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    I've got chronic atrial fibrillation - sounds a lot like what you describe, but untreatable. It wrecked my entire life.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911