In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Why?

13»

Comments

• Options
    HangfireHangfire Member Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Having gone through similar educational gymnastics, I appreciate the articulate resposes Dr.Saxon provides to the various questions posted here.He Dog is also a treasured source of hands-on /anything data-Bob

Gun control is a steady hand
  • Options
    spinyspiny Member Posts: 3,117
    edited November -1
    Doug: It is ok to be wrong. I think that qualifies as a 'learning' experience![:D][:D][:D][:D]
    BTW: It is better to say 'incorrect'![;)]

spiny
    'not all who wander are lost'
  • Options
    shooter4shooter4 Member Posts: 4,457
    edited November -1
    I think that some of you need to read Dr. Saxon's posts and sit back and digest them.

He is not talking out of his *.

Please do not belittle what he says. Try and learn and grow from it.

If not, then have at it.
  • Options
    Rafter-SRafter-S Member Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    SP is an interesting personality. Well educated, mature, well spoken, eager to help, slow to rile, willing to share himself with people very different (that's us).

What one person sees as snootiness, someone else may see as polish. Just because he doesn't swing back when someone takes a poke at him-that don't mean he doesn't have feelings.

He brings a lot to this party, boys, so don't run him off.

My 2-cents worth,
    Rafter-S
  • Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,969 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know that I am new here but I have read that SP is a doctor but a not a PHD. Also, if everyone agreed on all things, places like this forum would not be nessesary or interesting.
  • Options
    njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    While I'm not personally acquainted with Saxon, I will say that he was the very first to come to my aid several months ago, when I needed an item not readily available anymore more.

He produced the item and shipped it to me, all at his expense!

Thanks again Frank.......

Blue_car.gif

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Whatever kind of doctor he is, I'm still not gonna let him examine me.[;)]
  • Options
    shooter4shooter4 Member Posts: 4,457
    edited November -1
    PHD is not a doctorate in medicine. A medical degree in an MD.

WordNet Dictionary
    Definition: PHD
    [n] an American doctorate usually based on at least 3 years graduate study and a dissertation; the highest degree awarded by a graduate school.
  • Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    VH I spell terrably (and spend a lot of time making corrections to my posts) I'm not the sharpest crayon in the box, but I've never had any trouble understanding any of your posts.
    While I've had one or 2 questions about SP's answers to a question, they were of a very minor (and not worth worrying about) nature.
    Overall, he has freely shared his knowlege and experance with everyone on this board.
    I've also done busness with him, and had nothing but good experances in doing so.

Some guys like a mag full of lead, I still prefer one round to the head.
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Saxon's one of the good guys. He's a little sensitive, but that comes from being jabbed repeatedly, once or twice by yours truly. His degree, Doctor of Education, doesn't mean squat to me, it doesn't have to. But the fact that he went ahead and got one at his age, now that means something. Said so then, still think so

Clouder..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Comments like "considering his age" and "at his age" are making me wonder: Is SP under 100?[;)]
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Because some people are intimidated or jellous of those who have a formal education.[:(!]

Saxon, you're alright by me![:D]

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • Options
    bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    I thought I was wrong once,but I was wrong about that. Does that make me right or wrong?
    An education whether it be formal,self taught or simply from experience is a personal thing that no-one can take from you. To use it to take the measure of a man is ridiculous as it is only an aspect of a person not the end all be all of one's existence.
    Saxon has had a wide and varied life and has educated himself broadly in all three schools. He speaks his mind and admits mistakes when made. What else could you ask of a man.

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • Options
    cowdoccowdoc Member Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hope he didnt leave this site ....seems like an outstanding guy to me
    though i dont agree with him on breaking in a rifle bbl [:)]
    also am hoping that he has a contest like he did last year. think he even got some trophys for the people who had the best shot groupings.
    doc
  • Options
    RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hells fire! You guys should be like me. I can have a helluva fight with someone and never remember it again two days later! Now I joke a lot and start a few fights but that is the truth. There is only two that I remember in 31/2 years and only one that I still hold a grudge and will until I die. Most of you know about that one. Remember this Saxon the next time I jump your * about something. It don't mean a thing and as I have said before.

A HUNDRED YEARS FROM NOW WHO'S GONNA GIVE A DAMN
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rosie
    Hells fire! You guys should be like me. I can have a helluva fight with someone and never remember it again two days later!

Yeah Rosie, but that's because we are older than dirt and our blood flow to the brain is clogged up with fat![:D]

Notice, I said "we"![;)]

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • Options
    victorlvlbvictorlvlb Member Posts: 5,004
    edited November -1
    I was told that people with letters behind thier name could do one of three things.They could use thier knowledge an make a living.They could teach if they could not use thier knowledge to make a living.They could use thier knowledge to influence others.I don't know where S.P fits in.
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,877 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    SP- I think you're a great guy to have around on the board, I just got off the phone w/my dad, who would be none other that Doug Wilson, and asked him why he wouldn't put up a post to satisfy your curiosity. But since this is a shooters board, he would like to be thought of by everyone as a shooter. This is very consistent with the dad I grew up with, as a parent he didn't want to be thought of by anyone as anything but a parent, and the same would be true in reguards to his proffesional life. Maybe email him about it and you two can talk about smart guy stuff on a different level. But as he said to me, here he's a shooter. Which is after all a much more common ground around here than extra letters. I will say that you would probably be profoundly shocked at my old dad. He's the most interesting person I, and many others have ever met. Any time you get too much of anything there's gonna be some head butting, I found it odd that you decided to single out my dad's posts over all others on this thread.

R/

Dave

How different the world would be if we could consult the veteran instead of the politician. - Henry Miller
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dave W:

There are more than a few of us who see nothing at all odd that your father doesn't respond, and those same men and women know precisely why. It's wonderful that you feel the need to take up for your dad, but believe me, you don't have to.

Clouder..
  • Options
    bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Hey, I just heard a sound like my Garand ejecting an empty clip.

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • Options
    Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    I've been overly rough on Saxon Pig, and take this opportunity to apologize for my crude treatment of him. Mom told me not to be mean to people.

I'm sorry for any wrong that I've done you, Saxon Pig.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
  • Options
    Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    I hope SP reads this. Also his email.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911