In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

K100 Grand Power .40 Cal pistol...thoughts, please

first_timerfirst_timer Member Posts: 357 ✭✭✭
edited August 2007 in General Discussion
It looks like a really good semi-auto. With all it's features including the rotating barrel lock firing system(similar to Berettas).
Somewhat similar to a Glock's reliability in nasty condition, never jamming. And a 15 (or up to 19) round magazine?

http://www.grandpower.eu/_EN_Modification_K100.htm

Anyone have one, who could tell me their experience with it's .40 caliber model?
Where would I get one?
And HOW MUCH do they cost?

thanks

Comments

• tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you just cant find enough 40's huh
    dont know if its availble here, no doubt cz-75 based
  • first_timerfirst_timer Member Posts: 357 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HaHa!
    Yes, that's me....Mr. .40 caliber!

This one looks really interesting.
  • GotteskriegerGotteskrieger Member Posts: 3,170 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    get the beretta.
    edited November -1
    I already own a (Stoeger/Beretta) Cougar, but thanks.

http://www.grandpower.eu/_EN_Menu.htm

Some History and details about the K100:
    http://www.grandpower.eu/Download_subory/ModernSurvival.pdf

Field Stripping one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLM9bwQ0wwk

17 round magazine...WooHoooo!
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Looks pretty good, but I see only a 9MM listed. I imageine that they are not imported. Where did you run across it??

I have a .40 Star FireStar that I like to shoot, but it's no longer in production. They're a solid handgun and you can get them for less than $250.

Doug
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Too many good choices out there that you can actually lay your hands on and even test fire at a range before buying one.
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To big for me. I perfer a 14.6 ounce P-40 myself that you can carry in a pocket.

Smitty

P-407-25-06002.jpg
    edited November -1
    I also own a tiny great Glock 27, Taurus Millenium Pro PT140, a XD Subcompact, and a Sig P238,...but thanks.

No, it is supposed to be more Beretta-like(with lower recoil, rotating barrel)than CZ, which is made in the same region and way outsells the CZs by locals. It is said to Not feel CZ-like when operated.
    edited November -1
    I hope that the US imports will have the lever to switch them to auto-doubletap mode, that the Canadians already have.

The creator of the K100 posted on a Canadian forum, I'd heard he was a member of and said the .40s aren't even in the recent plan for production. He says he's SO back logged with orders around the world for his 9mm version.

Damn....I guess I'll have to wait 'til late in '08 maybe/

f-t
  • cransonacransona Member Posts: 64 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Beretta 96G in .40S&W ($600) with ProMag 20-round aftermarket magazines. Works like a charm with a very crisp and smooth trigger. It just smokes my Tanfoglio Witness which had 15 round factory mags and was built like a tank, but it was a clanky, rough, sounds-of-metal-grinding-on-metal kind of tank.
    edited November -1
    cransona,
    That seems odd (to be "clanky like a tank" and "Metal grinding" sounding), but Berettas Are built solid like tanks.

Mine is not a compact(and neither are the K100s), but I love my Stogar Cougar .40 cal.(Berettas made by their wholly owned subsidiary company, Stoger). It is smooth and crisp as silk.
    edited November -1
    Doug Wilson,
    I think I stumbled onto an internet report somewhere about a new pistol called the "K100"(I said to myself what the heck is that?)winning a prestgious shooting competition held in Canada. And I started to do Google searches on everything I could find on the K100 series pistol....once I read and saw photos of it. I'm impressed and want one to make handgun number 11 in my collection of interesting "low priced", quality, unique pistols.

I guess I hang loose while I play with the 10 I already have
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Ten is good.

But I really think you should buy some other calibers. Maybe start with .45ACP. It's ubiquitous and has a softer recoil impulse - to me - than the .40.

Doug