In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Freedom Waffles Anyone ? ? ?

Comments

• Options
    asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Apparently, Waffle House knows nothing of the cemeteries and war memorials the Belgians erected in honor of our troops. Both WW1 and WW2.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think that it was meant to be "tongue in cheek".

But, Cowboy is right; the Belgians have always given us, & the patriots who gave their lives, all due respect.

OTOH, when I visited the US cemetery in Normandy last year, the guide said that all maintenance costs are paid by the US taxpayers. I no longer eat French fries.

Neal
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,969 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nmyers
    I think that it was meant to be "tongue in cheek".

But, Cowboy is right; the Belgians have always given us, & the patriots who gave their lives, all due respect.

OTOH, when I visited the US cemetery in Normandy last year, the guide said that all maintenance costs are paid by the US taxpayers. I no longer eat French fries.

Neal
    I never knew but always assumed we were footing the maintenance bill and I am actually glad we do.
  • Options
    Aspen79seAspen79se Member Posts: 4,707
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ChrisInTempe
    " We don't believe in Belgium waffles
    - Waffle House (@WaffleHouse) June 30, 2014 "

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2114307-report-waffle-house-advocates-ban-on-belgian-waffles-before-world-cup-match
    e1c11c4289999adc05dcdd8a6b0694ff_crop_north.jpg

"And, we have a very liberal definition of 'food'."