.

The Limbaugh Laws ... it's be good to learn them!

«1

Comments

  • COLTCOLT Member, Moderator Posts: 12,620 ******
    edited November -1
    ...uh oh...[:0]



    ...you gonna stir it up now...
    28938722_e752c81cc8.jpg






    ani-texas-flag.gif
  • kristovkristov Member Posts: 6,633
    edited November -1
    Law number one: Doctor shopping for perscription pills can lead to your arrest, but if you are a rich radio talk show host you can skate while others (quiet addicts) get tossed in the slammer.
  • zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    Rule 2 ... unless you've lived in horrendous pain OR have
    seen a loved one suffer from it, forget the rules. There
    ARE no rules ... just man made laws. [B)]
  • COLTCOLT Member, Moderator Posts: 12,620 ******
    edited November -1
    ...Law #2. if your a Lefty DA, and judge, you can "fish" into one's medical records, and trample LAWS...all you want...[:0]




    ani-texas-flag.gif
  • Aspen79seAspen79se Member Posts: 4,707
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kristov
    Law number one: Doctor shopping for perscription pills can lead to your arrest, but if you are a rich radio talk show host you can skate while others (quiet addicts) get tossed in the slammer.


    Exactly.
  • kristovkristov Member Posts: 6,633
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by zipperzap
    Rule 2 ... unless you've lived in horrendous pain OR have
    seen a loved one suffer from it, forget the rules. There
    ARE no rules ... just man made laws. [B)]


    Come on Zipp. They caught the guy red handed with enough pills to kill the pain of hundreds of "suffering loved ones". Pain? The guy was hooked! .
  • zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    I'm no defender of Rusho - don't have to - fact was he was talking
    10 pills a day! That's nothing in the wonderful world of pain. Ten a
    day equals 300 a month - hooked - yep - one of my best buddies
    - Frank Scott was his name - was up to that or more when he
    finally threw in the towel and committed suicide! Seems the VA
    wasn't recognizing AO (Agent Orange poisoning) as a 'real medical
    problem.' Frank had given up after 'only' five years. We used to go
    to Mexico to try to help him out. Probably wouldn't think of doing
    that now - but at the time, he was a buddy ,and would have done the
    same for any of us!

    So I guess Frank died a criminal - and I suppose we are all criminals,
    too. Thank God the VA still has a clear conscience!

    Lot to be said for that, friend.
  • KK Member Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did he sell the pills? Did he kill children and puppies to buy them?
    If he lived in MEXICO...he would have bought ALL HE WANTED over the counter NQA as LEGAL as CHURCH ON SUNDAY!
    Funny...this nation can not seem to figure out who is ILLEGAL and SHOULD BE DEPORTED but can find the time and effort to go after a dippy RADIO GUY for taking PAIN PILLS!
  • kristovkristov Member Posts: 6,633
    edited November -1
    I'm sorry about your friend Zipp but I doubt he was a national radio host and an out spoken critic of drugs like old Rushbo:

    We're going to let you destroy your life. We're going to make it easy and then all of us who accept the responsibilities of life and don't destroy our lives on drugs, we'll pay for whatever messes you get into."
    -- Rush Limbaugh show, Dec. 9, 1993

    "I'm appalled at people who simply want to look at all this abhorrent behavior and say people are going to do drugs anyway let's legalize it. It's a dumb idea. It's a rotten idea and those who are for it are purely 100 percent selfish."
    -- Rush Limbaugh show, Dec 9, 1993

    "If (Surgeon General Jocelyn Elders) wants to legalize drugs, send the people who want to do drugs to London and Zurich, and let's be rid of them.
    -- Rush Limbaugh show, Dec 9, 1993

    "There's nothing good about drug use. We know it. It destroys individuals. It destroys families. Drug use destroys societies. Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up.

    "What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use. Too many whites are getting away with drug sales. Too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too."
    -- Rush Limbaugh show, Oct. 5, 1995
  • KK Member Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Again...while I COULD NOT CARE LESS what becomes of this silly radio guy....I can not recall any time where ole Rush defended his ability to use pain killers for fun.
    Further...how does his getting nailed for taking pain killers make my life better? My streets safer? Better he should drink like ole Ted "Drive ya home" Kennedy?
    How does Rush popping pills change the price of GAS? How does his getting busted win the war on terror?
  • ccddbb95448ccddbb95448 Member Posts: 796 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I call bull poop; the doctors are one hundred percent guilty.
    Who's fault Not Rush
    Todays computer data information and math being one hundred percent
    accurate. All prescriptions should be put on a medical data base and two pills a day 60 a month not what ever you feel like![8]
  • COLTCOLT Member, Moderator Posts: 12,620 ******
    edited November -1
    ...THE POINT, the DA went to the JUDGE without any PROOF a law was broken! There HAS to be GOOD PROBABLE CAUSE to get into someones records that are CONSTITUTIONALY PROTECTED. Privacy laws are in place to PREVENT EXACTLY what the DA and judge did to the guy...go fishing to try and FIND something. Florida Constitution PROHIBITS WHAT the DA and judge did. The guy was tagged ONLY because he is who he is. A peon like anyone of us, would not have warranted the labor!

    Bullpoop on the "rich guy" theory, go read ALL the facts first...[;)]




    ani-texas-flag.gif
  • HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by zipperzap
    I'm no defender of Rusho - don't have to - fact was he was talking
    10 pills a day! That's nothing in the wonderful world of pain. Ten a
    day equals 300 a month - hooked - yep - one of my best buddies
    - Frank Scott was his name - was up to that or more when he
    finally threw in the towel and committed suicide! Seems the VA
    wasn't recognizing AO (Agent Orange poisoning) as a 'real medical
    problem.' Frank had given up after 'only' five years. We used to go
    to Mexico to try to help him out. Probably wouldn't think of doing
    that now - but at the time, he was a buddy ,and would have done the
    same for any of us!

    So I guess Frank died a criminal - and I suppose we are all criminals,
    too. Thank God the VA still has a clear conscience!

    Lot to be said for that, friend. Sorry to learn of your loss, but I doubt if your friend used his friends to buy the drugs illegally as did Rush and I doubt if your friend used the airways to say that drug users should be locked up and the keys thrown away either.

    The point is simple--a Bushbot is seen as the hypocrite he is and the other Bushbots, just like Lemmings rushing to the cliff, are rushing to defend him.

    As said elsewhere, if Al Franken had been the one, what would have been said all along?
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    drugs, legal or not can become a part of a persons very existance....If rush were not in the position he's in (being a celeb with certain right wing views) he may have sought help before it got to the level it did. He couldn't admit his problem and he couldn't seek help. All the while his pain and addiction ate him up mentally and phyically. I'm glad he got caught and Im sure, some day, he will be too.
    By the way.
    Read about Brett farve, he was taking tons of vicodin every day it took him a long time to get over it. you can read about it in his autobiography.
    So crack another beer pour another whiskey or smoke another joint....then point your finger at a guy in the mirror
  • DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Limbaugh has admitted that he was addicted to prescription pain killers so accusing him of being addicted seems silly at this point. I read that the average sentence for a first-time offender in Florida for this type of offense is probation, counseling, drug treatment and a fine.

    What's the beef with Limbaughs treatment by the justice system? He got what the average first-time drug offender gets.

    Do the rich get special treatment in court? Often. And it isn't always better treatment. Ask Martha Stewart. She should have gotten a fine but the prosecutor was out to make an example of her or a name for himself or both. Joe Shmoe trader would have paid a fine and gone home.
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...
  • HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    SaxonPig: quote: What's the beef with Limbaughs treatment by the justice system? He got what the average first-time drug offender gets. Well, he sure didn't want to get what he was suggesting OTHERS get. LMAO
  • kristovkristov Member Posts: 6,633
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kristov
    I'm sorry about your friend Zipp but I doubt he was a national radio host and an out spoken critic of drugs like old Rushbo:

    We're going to let you destroy your life. We're going to make it easy and then all of us who accept the responsibilities of life and don't destroy our lives on drugs, we'll pay for whatever messes you get into."
    -- Rush Limbaugh show, Dec. 9, 1993

    "I'm appalled at people who simply want to look at all this abhorrent behavior and say people are going to do drugs anyway let's legalize it. It's a dumb idea. It's a rotten idea and those who are for it are purely 100 percent selfish."
    -- Rush Limbaugh show, Dec 9, 1993

    "If (Surgeon General Jocelyn Elders) wants to legalize drugs, send the people who want to do drugs to London and Zurich, and let's be rid of them.
    -- Rush Limbaugh show, Dec 9, 1993

    "There's nothing good about drug use. We know it. It destroys individuals. It destroys families. Drug use destroys societies. Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods which become consumed by them And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up.

    "What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use. Too many whites are getting away with drug sales. Too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too."
    -- Rush Limbaugh show, Oct. 5, 1995



    Come on HAIRY, those laws only apply to the little people.
  • zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    quote:I doubt if your friend used his friends to buy the drugs illegally

    You're right, Harry. He didn't want/expect us to do what we
    did for him. We did it because we loved the guy and he would
    have done anything for us at the drop of a hat! You had to
    know Scott.

    We stood by as he lost his wife and kids, lost his job, lost
    his house and was damned close to losing his self-respect.

    We had been a close knit group of kids who had been together
    since grade school. There still are six of the eight who kinda
    keep an eye on each other.

    You, know, there's just so much you can stand by and watch
    before you are motivated to help. I think we all thought the
    VA would come to it's senses and step up to the plate and take
    over. We hadn't taken into account 'budget cuts' in the 70's.

    They never did and we watched too long. It was a good learning
    experience for all, except Scott. He finally lost the last thing
    he had left.

    I'll tell you one thing, Harry - we never did that again, nor
    will we ever stand by again like that and just watch a friend
    go down for the count.

    Not trying to be over dramatic ... we've discussed it many times,
    amongst ourselves. It was, perhaps, the worst thing we've ever done
    and so we've often written it off to 'youth and inexperience.'

    ... but we all know better.
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
  • COLTCOLT Member, Moderator Posts: 12,620 ******
    edited November -1
    ...funny how it turned to "BUSH", and "Bushbots", and "rich", hell, the guys rights were trampled on, I could care less how he leads his life...as I said, if he had been a PEON, they would NOT have wasted their time, Saxon was the closest...[;)]

    ...and why do so many people disslike people with money? Some people worked their butts off for what they have, some got it given to them...but if a person bites, they bite with or without money.

    Hairy,...your close to the story, you know pretty much how the guy has got screwed from a legal stand point, and he has...has nothing to do with Bush, now does it?...[;)]


    ani-texas-flag.gif
  • buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think most people have figured Rush out.Hopefully he has ran his coarse.
  • KK Member Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Like all Radio / TV pundits....Right or Left....just another clown of the airwaves.
    I MISS HOWARD...the ONLY SANE VOICE that was on RADIO![}:)][:D][}:)][:D]
  • DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hairy- Did Rush ever criticize people for doing exactly what he did? If so then certainly he's a hypocrite.

    I do make a distinction between what he did, which is become hooked on pain killers that he started taking for legitimate reasons, and people who use heroin or cocaine. Some will disagree.
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...
  • zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    quote:SaxonPig
    I do make a distinction between what he did, which is become hooked on pain killers that he started taking for legitimate reasons, and people who use heroin or cocaine.
    abf34285.jpg
  • Aspen79seAspen79se Member Posts: 4,707
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SaxonPig
    Hairy- Did Rush ever criticize people for doing exactly what he did? If so then certainly he's a hypocrite.

    I do make a distinction between what he did, which is become hooked on pain killers that he started taking for legitimate reasons, and people who use heroin or cocaine. Some will disagree.


    He had a 1000 vicadin pills. Heroin and coke pale to that amount of narcotics. Plus, he went from doctor to doctor to get prescripts because one doctor would not renew it. I work in a doctor's office and we see this about once or twice a month. These people are not in pain; they want thier drugs.
  • kristovkristov Member Posts: 6,633
    edited November -1
    If an "ordinary" person got popped with that much dope he (or she) would be charged with trafficing in narcotics and that is not going to be the slap on the wrist.
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kristov
    If an "ordinary" person got popped with that much dope he (or she) would be charged with trafficing in narcotics and that is not going to be the slap on the wrist.

    He isn't an ordinary person...he is an addict. totally hooked on pills with the worst withdrawl possible. addicts justify everything they do thats the illness, fear is the compulsion (not wanting to go thru the with withdrawl) and breaking the law is the method of staying medicated. I bet he went to work every day. felt normal and acted like nothing was wrong....the guy didn't rob a liquor store to get money for crack. he didn't beat his wife because he was drunk and he didn't deal drugs to kids to maintain his habit.Those were the things he spoke against!! this was a witch hunt to silence a conservative voice who spoke for decency. I think he is a good american no matter the dust on his halo. He will now get into a treatment program and in a year he will be back as strong as ever with a touch of humility which we all could use.
  • zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    quote:If an "ordinary" person got popped with that much dope he (or she) would be charged with trafficing in narcotics and that is not going to be the slap on the wrist.

    Trafficing in narotics? Who did he sell them to?

    Doesn't he have a $500 million contravt with Free Channel?

    ... selling pills, too? He must be pretty hard up, eh?

    Uh huh ... that makes sense! LOL[:D]
  • COLTCOLT Member, Moderator Posts: 12,620 ******
    edited November -1
    ...hmmm. "We have at least 10 felony counts on 'ol Rushbo"...DA, last year in open court.

    ...Plea deal? WTH, with TEN big ones "they got him for"? Where they go?

    ...Plea deal...the defendant usually pleads no contest, or guilty. Rushbo's plea NOT GUILTY, odd the DA would accept that...with "10 felonies" they could get him on.

    ...I DO NOT CARE, who he is, or what he does in his own time.
    The 3 years??...and how much taxpayers money? Anyone else would not have even come onto the DA's radar, spare me.
    Under the FEDERAL CONSTITUTION and FLORIDA CONSTITUTION, his rights were trampled, where's the usual "outrage" for unconstitutional behavoir BY the DA?

    ...A 1,000 pills huh? Legitimite Dr.'s prescribe up to 8-10 a day, do the math, geez...[;)]

    ...This thread was ORIGINALLY about the ILLEGALS and how he (Rush) felt about the "double standard", prior to WRONG information being inserted...BTW, I don't listen to the guy either...[;)]

    ...Look up the case, and read the FACTS.




    ani-texas-flag.gif
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
  • kristovkristov Member Posts: 6,633
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by zipperzap
    quote:If an "ordinary" person got popped with that much dope he (or she) would be charged with trafficing in narcotics and that is not going to be the slap on the wrist.

    Trafficing in narotics? Who did he sell them to?

    Doesn't he have a $500 million contravt with Free Channel?

    ... selling pills, too? He must be pretty hard up, eh?

    Uh huh ... that makes sense! LOL[:D]


    Read the Florida drug trafficing law and tell me if you need to sell a single pill to be traffic narcotics? It is all based on numbers and weights. LOL[:D]

    http://billmon.org/archives/000717.html
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
  • COLTCOLT Member, Moderator Posts: 12,620 ******
    edited November -1
  • Aspen79seAspen79se Member Posts: 4,707
    edited November -1
    quote:Authorities learned Limbaugh received up to 2,000 painkillers, prescribed by four doctors in six months

    I doubt any human is in that much pain and not in a hospital.
  • COLTCOLT Member, Moderator Posts: 12,620 ******
    edited November -1
    46270...sorry man, I hear you. There are also a LOT of "myths" out there about some of the pills that are being talked about here. I hope the same people don't ever need them.

    ...Regardless of the medication, CODONE, come to mind, an opiate...some people have a BIG tolerance to this, and other "addicting" drugs. Some people need this, and can take 80-100 mgms. a day for years...and stop, no withdrawals, no "mental" anguish, others can't. It ain't as a lot of people "hear" and "read"...Inuries back in 70, and 3 disc blown out, GONE, in 05...ask me how I know...[:0]



    ani-texas-flag.gif
  • COLTCOLT Member, Moderator Posts: 12,620 ******
    edited November -1
    Aspen quote:I doubt any human is in that much pain and not in a hospital.

    ...2,000 in 6 months, do the math, aprox. 11 in 24 hrs.thats not out of bounds 'ol hippo. Hospital? Really? For What? To wait to die?
    Hospitals cannot fix everything, and yes a human can be in THAT much pain and stay out of a hospital that has NO cure for what one has.

    ...Let me see, stay in bed, moan, jerk around all day? or get up and barely walk hunched over like a gorrilla, and make a noise with each step? OR, take a pain pill every 3-4 hrs. and have some type of life?...no brainer...[;)]



    ani-texas-flag.gif
  • JgreenJgreen Member Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    LMAO at Rush.

    The reason that they charge people with intent to deliver is that it is automatically assumed that if you have a large quantity of drugs, it is not for personal consumption.

    What drives me up a wall in my practice is that the right wing is so "law and order" that they don't want any discretion from the Court. "Nail 'em to the wall" they say. Well, you get a guy like rush, turd that he is, he's not a pusher. He's a *. But he has the money to get as much as he wants. If there's no discretion, his * should be in a sling.

    As far as understanding pain, it is the GOP that doesn't understand pain. That's why they are so hot to limit pain and suffering monetary awards. Everyone is a faker, a malingerer, out to milk the system and those poor insurance companies are going to lose SO MUCH MONEY...
  • Aspen79seAspen79se Member Posts: 4,707
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bloviator
    Aspen quote:I doubt any human is in that much pain and not in a hospital.

    ...2,000 in 6 months, do the math, aprox. 11 in 24 hrs.thats not out of bounds 'ol hippo. Hospital? Really? For What? To wait to die?
    Hospitals cannot fix everything, and yes a human can be in THAT much pain and stay out of a hospital that has NO cure for what one has.

    ...Let me see, stay in bed, moan, jerk around all day? or get up and barely walk hunched over like a gorrilla, and make a noise with each step? OR, take a pain pill every 3-4 hrs. and have some type of life?...no brainer...[;)]



    ani-texas-flag.gif


    If he was taking eleven a day, he would OD. There's no way he could function with that amount in his system. Rush is a drug addict no different than the ones he wants to lock up for life. He's a hypocite, deal with it.
  • COLTCOLT Member, Moderator Posts: 12,620 ******
    edited November -1
    Happy quote:If he was taking eleven a day, he would OD.

    ...oh really? Where did you read this? Let me tell you, that is NOT an OD level for someone that has taken at least 5-6 a day for years, period, and you can take that to the bank son. Your system, and their all different, builds a tolerance to opiates (codone)...if one wanted after a few years can take 12-15-16 in 24 hrs., not slur, not be blized, and NOT be dead...[:D]



    ani-texas-flag.gif
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 33,012 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This prescription incident shows how, half the time, Limbaugh is full of [email protected]@, and it shows what a complete hypocrite he is.
    Kristov, don't bother trying to confuse a Dittohead with the facts. They love their man no matter what.
Sign In or Register to comment.