In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The Limbaugh Laws ... it's be good to learn them!

2»

Comments

• kristovkristov Member Posts: 6,633
    edited November -1
    All guys like Rush manage to do is make it even more difficult for people who truely suffer from pain to get the amount of medication they need to control actual pain. When Rush went to court he should have had a real law and order judge who would uphold the laws of Florida EXACTLY as they were written. Instead I'll bet he was wishing for a "liberal judge who legislated from the bench" so he could catch a break.
  • sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
    edited November -1
    I guess we all found out that "Rush" is simply human after all. Makes the same kind of mistakes that others make. I can forgive him for being human.

Its quite obivious to me that his need to spend millions to defend himself was in defence of a political attack. First offence in Florida as so many have stated in the prior posts does not warrent the need to spend millions for defense. Take your lumps and go to rehab, do the probation and move on with your life. We see it with movie stars and sports figures daily. But we can accept that behavior with them but not with Rush. Hmmmmm very interesting!! Looks like its really all about politics when you dig to the bottom line.

Together we need to insist on consistant behavior from our elected officials, not a different legal system for Rich and Poor, Demos and Republicans, white or black, etc. Thats the behavior that is pulling at the fibre of this country today. IMHO
  • Aspen79seAspen79se Member Posts: 4,707
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bloviator
    Happy quote:If he was taking eleven a day, he would OD.

...oh really? Where did you read this? Let me tell you, that is NOT an OD level for someone that has taken at least 5-6 a day for years, period, and you can take that to the bank son. Your system, and their all different, builds a tolerance to opiates (codone)...if one wanted after a few years can take 12-15-16 in 24 hrs., not slur, not be blized, and NOT be dead...[:D]

ani-texas-flag.gif

Really? The M.D.s, RNs and Nurse Practitioner I talked to said he'd be dead. The standard dose is two pills a day; one every twelve hours.

Also, he wasn't taking that amount, that is the amount he had in his possession. If you or I had that amount with us, regardless of prescripts, we would be charged with trafficing.

What bank was I supposed to use? [:p]
  • KK Member Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If only MEXICO would take over the U.S.....In MEXICO you buy all the pills you want over the counter like gum and have at it.
  • COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    Aspen quote:Really? The M.D.s, RNs and Nurse Practitioner I talked to said he'd be dead. The standard dose is two pills a day; one every twelve hours.

...yeah, really...as I won't go into details...you have to trust me on this one, I know 100-120mgs. in 24 hrs. will not kill someone whose system has become accepting of that amount...don't believe everything a Dr. or nurse tells you my friend...[;)]

ani-texas-flag.gif
    edited November -1
    Yeah, why would I listen to a doctor, a nurse with a biochem degree and about a hundred years of experience between them.

Back to my other point; the issue is not his dependency. I believe the charges are about the amount he had in his possession. So, let us forget the dependecy thing and focus on that part. Because it is illegal to have five prescriptions from as many doctors for the same narcotic. I have read other cases where people were stopped for speeding and almost this same thing came up, and they were charged with trafficing simply because they possessed so much of it. Why wasn't Rush?
  • COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...the better question may be why was he targeted in the first place?
    A DA that was a Dim...and Rushbo, had ragged him on the radio?
    I could care less if the guy does/did eat 15-10mg pills a day...and yes, it can be done, yeah , Drs. and nurses, books, patients, experience...talk to an addict,...I have known some.

Back,...why did the ten "sure thing" felony counts, the DA boasted of a year ago...in open court, dissappear...for a lame plea bargain? It's hard for me to imagine any DA...with such a hand, to go to a plea bargain...unless the DA had nothing. A DA, that had an axe to grind on his *, a Royal Flush...and he folds?

Point is though, Rushbo's rights got creamed, state and Federal...that's scary...[;)]

ani-texas-flag.gif
    edited November -1
    Sorry, I don't agree. To me, he got off easy when compared to what others with similar charges.

Think he'll stay clean for the required time period? [?]