In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

ruger lcp

trc313trc313 Member Posts: 3,475
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Anybody have a LCP? A buddy of mine has a Smith Bodyguard, but I like the looks of the LCP better.

Comments

• trc313trc313 Member Posts: 3,475
    edited November -1
    Anyone have one yet? I was thinking about gettin one since its kinda inexpensive and easy to conceal.

How do they shoot? I have large hands so would it be a problem for me to shoot one?
    edited November -1
    Was at the farm this weekend and we all got the toys to play and a guy had a new LCP, I have to say i was impressed. Only negative I had was I didnt like that the slide does not lock open after the last shot. I feel that in a defensive situation it would be easy to think you had one more round ready to go due to the lack of a lock back slide.
    edited November -1
    Good or bad? Thinking of getting one. I carry a cz75 compact in 40 S&W but it gets heavy for all day carry. I was thinking i could keep the Cz in the truck and carry the LCP when i go into places ect. What do you guys think of the Ruger Lcp , i know there is a lot of Ruger guys here with some knowledge. Thanks in advance.
    edited November -1
    This looks like a good little gun for the price, $280. Anyone have experience with it? Buy or not buy?
    edited November -1
    Have a chance to get a ruger lcp,4 mags,nylon holster and 40rds winwhite box and 19 rounds of corbon for $400.

Should I?
    edited November -1
    Just picked one up from the PSA sale for $169, free shipping. Why? you might ask. I dunno, but at 9 oz. (empty) it seemed like it might come in handy during hot FL "t shirt & shorts" weather.

I took it to the range yesterday and it functioned perfectly with ball & hollow points. I put the "pinky rest" floor plate on the mag; the pinky still missed it but it was still reasonably comfortable to hold. I also got an extended 7 round mag, and that helped a bit.

Trigger pull is long with long reset, but it was still surprisingly good. Overall, I'm happy with it as a hot weather "better than nothing" option when few other pistols could be easily concealed.
    edited November -1
    Saw one today for the first time. Holy Cow are they small! Talk about a stocking stuffer!
    edited November -1
    Anyone have any experience with these?? Im kinda anti Ruger and all but these look like they are made well. How are they compared to the Kel-Tec>>>???

Thanks,
    edited November -1
    hey guys, has anyone picked up the new ruger 380 yet? thinking of getting one, and would like some input, good or bad. guns&ammo,gunworld, and amer rifleman all had positive reaction to it, but would like to hear from someone who has tried it out himself. thanks
  • JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hell yeah! I can get the gun $300 out the door here in Dallas, so your paying $100 for 2 clips and bx of ammo and a holster? And you are confused about what?

Ok, maybe it's a recall gun, but so what? If he hasn't had it fixed, you send it to ruger and they fix it for free and give you a free clip for your trouble!
  • IdahoboundIdahobound Member Posts: 20,587 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,540 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In NC the lcp is back ordered. There were over 300 on the pre order list and they have not been filled yet.
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
  • IdahoboundIdahobound Member Posts: 20,587 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cartod
    $325 here.

sold where do I send the payment
  • JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I should clarify this. I can get an LCP for $300 out the door. If you are interested, you can get one for $315 out the door plus shipping. Find Ammo Depot in Caddo Mills, Tx. ask for Colt.

On average these guns run $349 around Dallas. Academy has their "KIT" gun for $349, this gun comes with 2 magazines and a air/water tight snap case for the gun and the extra magazine.

They said they have the standard gun with 2 magazines for $329, and both are in stock.
    edited November -1
    I havent shot one and was just wondering if they were worth the $400.
    edited November -1
    Would an Amt380 be a better gun??
  • RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    quote:Should I?

YES! but only if you have the money and want the gun. Sounds like a good deal, all considered.