In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Survey of Firearms dealers, coming

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
Warning -- Anti-Gun Survey of Firearms Dealers Under Way!

Dear LARRY REED:

If you are a federally licensed dealer in firearms, you may recently have received a survey questionnaire from gun control supporter Dr. Garen Wintemute, of the University of California, Davis.

The survey asks dealers questions about their business, their reasons for being in the business, their support for gun control, and their customers.

Why is Dr.Wintemute sending the survey? Consider the source. Over the years, he has received hundreds of thousands of dollars from anti-gun organizations to conduct "studies" designed to promote gun control. Several of these so-called "studies" have tried to blame legal firearms dealers for the illegal use of guns, and proposed further restrictions on dealers' ability to conduct business. (You can see a list of past studies on his website, at http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/vprp/publications/.)

We recommend that you do not respond to the survey, for two reasons. First, many of the questions in the survey are written so that Dr. Wintemute will be able to claim that at least some dealers support one or another form of gun control, or that they report the occurrence of situations that, Dr. Wintemute will likely claim, prove the need for restrictions on dealers and their customers. Second, participating in the survey in any way would give Dr. Wintemute credibility in the eyes of the anti-gun organizations that fund his efforts, which would only increase his chance of obtaining more money for more anti-gun research.

Comments

• RogueStatesmanRogueStatesman Member Posts: 5,760
    edited November -1
    The anti-gun gun thugs will never stop until we're all disarmed.[V]
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,310 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:their support for gun control,Well there seems to be support for gun control amongst at least some licensed dealers.
  • River RatRiver Rat Member Posts: 9,022
    edited November -1
    These same people would say it is ludicrous to argue that some auto dealers are responsible for car-related deaths.
  • NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RogueStatesman

The anti-gun gun thugs will never stop until we're all disarmed.[V]

Won't happen. Let them keep trying. I'll keep practicing.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Just the fact that some are FFL Dealers makes them agree to certain gun control measures.. It also means they will compromise their postition if they are anti gun control.
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    I received my questionair packet last week and included was 4 crisp 1.00 bills for my trouble.
    I kept the 4 bucks and tossed the packet in the garbage.
    This week I received a post card asking me why I haven't responded yet and if could do so now. They also reminded me of the 4 Dollar "Token of good will" they included in the original packet.
    The post card is now in the garbage also.
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Licensed dealers are a form of gun control...
    [8]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1

They are the First step in gun control.

When you sign the forms for an FFL you agree to the laws that restrict people.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all day in a boat drinking beer.
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mrseatle
    [8]
    Liberal Media camera men are a form of liberl media.