In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Phoenix shootout - range report

familyguyfamilyguy Member Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2005 in General Discussion
A good time was had by all. Lots of lead and brass flying, tall tales, and a few laughs....at my expense, as usual.[;)]

First, the highlight and source of some amusement, my new baby the "Persuader". A 410ga AOW NFA with a 10in barrel.

LOVED IT. Shot great, just need to get used to loading it quickly.

Here's Joe giving it a spin

photo_038.jpg

And here's me, caught in mid shot. Yes, it's smooth enough to shoot one handed (makes it difficult to pump it to cycle it, though).

photo_039.jpg

The amusing part was the computer. Joe brought out an old computer for us to 'erase the hard drive', so to speak. We had fun punching holes in it. Then Joe and I got up there side by side, he with his 'bad boy' bump firing mac, me with my 'persuader'. As we're shooting, I hear a tinkling sound.

Did I mention that Joe's girlfriend's truck was right beside us...?

I figure it's the steady rain of brass from the mac, until Joe said "Ow!". My dad and his neighbor were there, and laughingly told me that it was shot bouncing back at us. I 'expressed my disbelief' (read: said 'no friggin way'), after all I had seen the plastic cover pieces on the front come off as I was shooting.[:(!] So I go up, turn the computer sideways to us, and let her rip again. Joe stands by, purposely not firing. About the time I notice a big dent and a lot of dimpling on the computer case, I hear that tinkling sound again. Right beside me. Where the truck is sitting.[B)]

OOPS.[:0]

Now the punch line. As we're cleaning up, I pick up one of the plactic pieces, and it's DIMPLED. [:(] Only one, count it ONE, through and through.[xx(]

Then Joe notices a few bullets sitting on the back side of the computer, they went through and only had enough energy left to fall to the ground. Including a .45![}:)] Then he picks up the case and more bullets fall out of it.

The moral of the story.....if you are ever in trouble, take cover behind your computer![:p][:D]

Here it is, the magic computer....photo_040.jpg

Lets do it again soon!!![8D]

"Tell me, why is it that I should trade one tyrant 3000 miles away for 3000 tyrants one mile away....? An elected legislature can trample a man's rights..."

Comments

• Options
    ZERODINZERODIN Member Posts: 6,338
    edited November -1
    Looks fun. [8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ari, when are you coming back? My dad's neighbor Ray was talking about getting a Bushmaster, you guys can do a black rifle shoot off.

I actually drove the XL7 down into the wash this time. Get a few more inches of lift and some more aggressive tires, and we'll add desert exploration to the day's agenda.

"Tell me, why is it that I should trade one tyrant 3000 miles away for 3000 tyrants one mile away....? An elected legislature can trample a man's rights..."
  • Options
    ZERODINZERODIN Member Posts: 6,338
    edited November -1
    Don't know, for sure. Maybe sometime in the fall I'll make a trip out there, or even get a job there next summer, as insane as that sounds (if you had to pick three months to live in Phoenix, which three would be last on the list? [:P]).
  • Options
    kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    Gotta get some slugs for that .410, I don't think the shot gets enough speed in a 10" barrel to pack enough of a wallup. I'm thinking another outing around the beginning of June would be perfect. I need to restock the ammo locker before going out again, the Mac was fun, but I needed some drum-fed happiness in the worst way. That computer would have been confetti[}:)]

Love them Beavers
    orst-title-1.gif
  • Options
    IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    Must have been a "Dell" computer.....POS
    Walte
  • Options
    cat-mechaniccat-mechanic Member Posts: 433 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by familyguy
    you guys can do a black rifle shoot off.

Just let me know when again. Black is my favorite rifle color now. Well, Black, Green and Coyote Brown. [:D]

Sorry I missed it guys. I really would have had more fun out there than where I was at. [B)]

Nothing runs like a Deere, With a CAT on its *
  • Options
    edited November -1
    KJ - yeah, definitely made to be a close quarters weapon.....which is what I wanted it for (besides the cool factor). It's the new home protection.

Cat - I feel your pain, man.

So, mid June sounds good to me. Who's on board?

• Options
    kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    I'm in, I just gotta get the final details of my Alaska trip. I'm supposed to be going in June or July. I'm thinking June 11th might be good

Love them Beavers
    orst-title-1.gif
  • Options
    cat-mechaniccat-mechanic Member Posts: 433 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK, June 11th shows to be good for me. So I am in. I should have my AR 10 by then.[:D]

If you guys are interested there is a shoot at Table Mesa on Mother's Day at 9 am. There will be lots of NFA toys and Tannerite to enjoy. It won't be at the car spot. It will be a bit before that on the left. Just look for my beater red S-10.[:D]

Nothing runs like a Deere, With a CAT on its *