In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

They start drinking younger every year!!!

RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
edited December 2005 in General Discussion

Comments

• jimkanejimkane Member Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • morsecodemorsecode Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is wrong...at least give the kid a straw!
  • jimkanejimkane Member Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    no, no, no! the kid is too young to have a straw.... I meant either a sippy cup or a baby bottle
  • Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    My relatives in the German upper-midwest include small amounts of beer in the diet of young'ens. As far as I know it's had no bed effects.
  • yearofspideryearofspider Member Posts: 1,657 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Definitely needs a sippy cup or a bottle with a nipple.
  • mussmuss Member Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In all seriousness, Did you see on FoxNews, They arrested a guy for getting a 2 yr old drunk while he was baby sitting the kid.
  • bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    imagine that.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Several years ago I was at a friend's house when someone said, "Hey, where's my beer?" A 2 year old had walked off with it and drank more than half of it.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    that looks like a quality lager..

looks alot like yuengling actually [:p]
  • StreetSurvivorStreetSurvivor Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know....He "COULD" be pushing it away. Maybe he's a Pilsner baby???
  • dlrjjdlrjj Member Posts: 5,528 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ray B
    My relatives in the German upper-midwest include small amounts of beer in the diet of young'ens. As far as I know it's had no bed effects.

My wife's family (German) in Michigan did the same thing in a bottle at bedtime. VERY small amounts.
    Tax evasion is illegal, tax avoidance is an art form.
  • zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    I remember my first beer. Was a mite older as I recall, but that's ALL I recall![:D]
  • kristovkristov Member Posts: 6,633
    edited November -1
    In my parents household (mom from Poland and dad from Croatia) beer was just considered another beverage and I was drinking beer with dinner at around age 12, about the time I stopped drinking milk at home. Wine drinking came a bit later. My wife is from an Italian family and she was drinking wine from an early age, along with her five brothers. Both of my daughters (age 21 and 17) have been allowed to drink wine or beer with their meals if they chose to do so. I remember having people over who were shocked when my two daughters (then age 19 and 15) were having wine with their dinner!
  • zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    Used to sweep out the Goodwill down by the border when I was in the 8th grade. Every couple of weeks we'd walk over the border to TJ and get a 25? haircut and a 15? Corona.
    By the time we were of age to drink here it wasn't a big deal. Lots of guys who 'went away to school,' here, flunked out first semester because of the TJ weekend binges. One of those guys was still giving 'volleyball lessons' down at the beach a few years ago. [8D]
  • tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mom's family was Swiss and French, so wine at special occasions was just a natural thing. I was introduced to kirsh (a clear cherry brandy or schnapps) in coffee or tea, at about as young as I can recall. And look, I turned out perfectly normal!...[;)]