In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Are we a nation of wimps, or Warriors?

Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
edited March 2004 in General Discussion
Not much more I can add to this, except....Give 'em HELL, Zell!

http://miller.senate.gov/floor/03-30-04sept11com.html

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
-- Gen. James Longstreet

Comments

• Options
    HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    Rebel James: An excerpt from the harangue.
    Quote: Dick Clarke's book and its release coinciding with these hearings have done this country a tremendous disservice, and someday we will reap its whirlwind.Unquote

My, my. Seems that the idea of letting the American people know what goes on is bad, very bad. Next thing you know, the voters will start studying the issues and understand the incumbents should be thrown out of office. Yep, that is bad, very bad.

Shoot the messenger quickly before any more messages are sent!!!!!![}:)][;)]

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.
    Don't assume malice for what stupidity can explain.
  • Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,941 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hairy, Other than Clarkes word for it, what prrof do you have that what he says is true? Selling books, can and does bring falsehoods. Just because he says it does not make it so. Do you believe everything I write? Don

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    "Tragically, these hearings have proved to be a very divisive diversion for this country. Tragically, they have devoured valuable time, looking backwards when we should be looking forward."

I couldn't have summed up Iraq better myself! Thanks Zell![:D][}:)][;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    dcon12: You have a valid point; let's wait and see if the truth comes out of Condi Rice's mouth, okay? So far, tho, Clarke's comments have been confirmed by other sources, remember?

Also, who has the greatest risk if what is said is true--Bush or Clarke?--if it turns out that Clarke is telling the truth, what then?

Oh, by the way, what about O'Neil (former Secretary of the Treasury)--was he lying too? [;)][}:)]

Gosh, it seems like the Bush Administration doesn't do a good job of vetting its employees does it? Must have been former WalMart CEOs. [:(]

• Options
    jujujuju Member Posts: 6,321
    edited November -1
    Hairy, Hairy, Hairy

What am I going to do with you?

You fully realize that the release of his "book" was designed , written and orchestrated to try to cause as much political damage as possible.

Most of what he claims cannot be confirmed, a lot of what he claimed has been completly refuted and disproven.

This is a man with a mission, a mission to lie and spin in order to libel a President who refused to grant him the power he felt he deserved.

He is a vindictive self centered lillte man with a napolean complex.

Listen to his testomy, hell, read his book, I did. What a joke, everything in it is "I said' I told him' they said. No documents to back up his claims, no corroberating testimoiny, nothing but his word.

If this was a trail I would have him arrested for perjury, lying to the court and have all the charges against the current and former administrations thrown out.

I am dissapointed in you on this issue Hairy, I would have expected someone with your intelligence to have seen Mr Clarke for what he is, a man with a grudge, a book to try to sell and a Democratic shill.

His timing is very suspect(if it walks like a duck), if he was so upset and concerned about what he claims took place why did he wait to write a book to "bring it to light"?

Nope, this man is totally uncredible, the only people who lend any credence to his claims at all are the hard core liberals and Bush haters, people who will believe anything as long as it demonizes Bush.

I heard Henry Kissinger on Fox News say that he didnt lend much credence to what Mr Clarke said and he is one who has some insight.

None of the liberal press is printing/reporting the fallicies that have come to light about Mr Clarkes allegations, that would not serve their purpose, but even the Washington Post and New Yourk Times ran a small article about the lack of documentation to back up his claims.

Come on Hairy, dont let your dislike for the current admin and look at this man logically, perhaps you will see thins differently.

And perhaps not[:D]

JuJu(aint politiccs fun[xx(])
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What few people bring up about Clarke is that he is a lifelong and very staunch Republican. If his book is for purely political purposes, then the Republican party is more screwed up than I thought.
  • Options
    jujujuju Member Posts: 6,321
    edited November -1
    Jeez, am i tired, I just read my post to Hairy, looks like a 2 year old wrote. I am to tired to edit again, so figure it out Hairy[:D][;)][:p]

JuJu(who's had a loooooooong day)
  • Options
    Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    Hairy, do you think everything our government knows and/or does should be made openly public?

With your line of thinking, June 6, 1944 should have been announced to the American people we were going to land on Normandy! Of course, announcing that to the American people would have given the Germans time to prepare.

When FDR died, Harry Truman was totally shocked we had the A-Bomb. He was the VP, and didn't have a clue we had anything like that. Can you say the words...TOP SECRET. ??

Please explain Clinton's 8 years of ice creamfootin around with Bin Laden, and why it's GW's fault that 911 took place barely 8 months into his administration?? And why is Clarke blaming Bush, when he also worked for Clinton? And, why we're at it, why Clarke refused to testify before the same type of committee on Y2K?

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet
  • Options
    edited November -1
    "Clinton! Clinton! Clinton!"

Reminder: Clinton wasn't in office and eight months is a long time to do nothing.

But Bush is real big on NEVER taking responsibility for ANYTHING.

Jobs? "Not my fault."
    "Mission Accomplished" banner on aircraft carrier? "I had nothing to do with it."
    9-11? "Clinton didn't do anything either."
    WMDs in Iraq? "The CIA provided me with faulty intelligence."

This boy we call a "president" has all of the leadership qualities of a friggin' invertebrate. He shifts blame, fudges figures, or lies outright... as if doing so will keep him from getting in trouble with his mommy and daddy.

"War president" my @$$... more like "spoiled little kid" in my book.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    "I did not have sexual relations with that woman"., Willy Clinton.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Am not blaming either Clinton nor Bush for the 9/11 attack. Am blaming Bush for attacking Iraq. It is, as has been said before, similar to when Japan attacked the US in Dec 41, we countered with an invasion in Mexico!

Remember: WMD, bio-chem, nukes, imminent threat to US, and the rest of the BS. So far, almost 600 American soldiers have died and countless others wounded as a DIRECT result of this bad decision. Read today's paper on Fallejuah? Welcome us with open arms? Free the Iraqi people from fear of death--how many Iraqis have we killed since we began our invasion? [}:)][;)]

• Options
    edited November -1
    Ifen I had my way we would have a fence around the entire US and no one could enter or exit. Then we would be safe and all job would be here. Don