In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

WTH is wrong with people???

searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
I can't even say what I think about this, and even come close to staying within GunBroker's language rules.
Welch, Ok. is just south of me a few miles. Little town, quiet.

I think he should be turned loose. He would be a non-issue pretty damn fast around here.

Published: August 31, 2011

WELCH - A Welch man confessed to Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation agents that he tackled his 81-year-old mother to the floor as she walked into the back door of her house, then beat and sexually assaulted her, OSBI spokeswoman Jessica Brown said.
Michael Joe Rice, 48, is in jail in Craig County on rape and murder complaints in the Aug. 4 death of his mother, Ruth Rice.
Bryce Lair, first assistant district attorney, said charges likely will be filed on Tuesday.
An OSBI criminologist said DNA recovered from the body of Ruth Rice matched Michael Rice's DNA, Brown said.
"The preliminary report from the medical examiner shows she died from blunt force trauma to the head and was possibly sexually assaulted," Brown said.
Ruth Rice's body was found inside the back door of her home.
There was blood on her face, body and the floor around her, Brown said.
Michael Rice was adopted, Brown said. She didn't know at what age he was adopted but thinks he was very young.
A neighbor said Michael Rice was reared by Ruth Rice.
Neighbors said the back door of Ruth Rice's home is about 30 feet from the back door of her son's home.
Michael Rice at first told OSBI agents he had found his mother dead and asked his girlfriend, Brenda Schnauls, to call police.
Schnauls declined to comment when reached on Monday and did not return telephone calls on Tuesday.
"I didn't hear anything," said Bob Horn, who has lived near Ruth Rice for 25 years.
Ruth Rice was active in the Welch United Methodist Church and the genealogy society, Horn said.
All kinds of rumors have circulated in the community of 600 residents as to how Ruth Rice died, Horn said, and he said most people weren't surprised to hear her son was arrested.
Horn said there had been ongoing friction between the mother and son.

Comments

• Options
    DRP-AZDRP-AZ Member Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    meth is what's wrong with people.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,294 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DRP-AZ
    meth is what's wrong with people.

most likely the case here.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    meth is hardly the case in this one..Sometimes life just gets to be too much, too much pain, too much hurt, too much to deal

Mom allegedly killed daughters with hatchet
    Relatives say North Carolina mother was being treated for depression
    By Myra Ruiz
    ASHEVILLE, N.C. - A gruesome discovery inside an Asheville, N.C., home on Saturday led to double murder charges against a wife and mother.

Police said Naiyana Patel, 33, bludgeoned her two young daughters with a hatchet and then tried to kill herself.

Investigators say Patel used the ax to repeatedly strike herself in the head.

"It's just a terrible, terrible incident that occurred," Lt. Wallace Welch, interim chief of police, told WYFF.

Welch said the father of Jiya Patel, 7, and Piya Patel, 4, found his daughters dead and wife injured, after returning home from work.

Lalji Patel, who friends and relatives call Lalu, owns a convenience store a short distance from their home.

Employee Billy Mills said Patel would usually ride a moped to work.

Lalu would always have me pick up Naiyana and the girls and bring them to the store," said Mills.

On Saturday morning, no one answered the door, Mills said. "I called Lalu to let him know," Mills told WYFF.

Patel unlocked the house and found his daughters and wife inside, Mills said.

'A loving family'
    "It's heartbreaking," Mills told WYFF. "They were a loving family."

By Sunday morning, a makeshift memorial started to take shape by the family's mailbox.

Friends of the family stopped by the home, after learning what happened.

"I couldn't sleep last night," Sameer Lakhani, told WYFF. "That's all I could think of."

Relatives of the Patels said Lalu was staying with them as they made arrangements to plan a funeral and clean up the family's home.

"We don't want Lalu to have to think about any of this," Shelly Patel told WYFF. "We are trying to think for him."

Patel said Naiyana was being treated for depression after a pregnancy she did not carry to full-term, and, at some point she switched medication because the initial prescription did not seem to help.

Welch said investigators took medication from the home that relatives say was prescribed to Naiyana after the pregnancy ended.

"Certainly, we've had speculation that there is either an elective abortion or a miscarriage -- we're not quite sure which." Welch said, "There are larger definitions of what you consider right and wrong in her mental state and her capacity at the time of the incident."

Welch said they are giving the girls' distraught father some space for now. Police investigators said the crime has been difficult even for the officers involved.

"Over years, we get pretty good at just compartmentalizing these kinds of things - shoving them away for another day. This one wasn't going in that box," Welch said.

Relatives are trying to plan a funeral for Thursday.

No condition was available for Naiyana Patel. She remains hospitalized at Mission Hospital after undergoing surgery.
  • Options
    NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    These two cases make my heart sick. Just sick. [:(]
  • Options
    bull300wsmbull300wsm Member Posts: 3,289
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Navybat

+100...[:(]
  • Options
    River RatRiver Rat Member Posts: 9,022
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Navybat

But there are thousands of them. Makes you wonder if civilization is coming unraveled.
  • Options
    Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Sun's magnetic fields are growing weeker from it's high point at the time of Christ's birth. Things will only get worse as the decline continues.
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Waco Waltz
    The Sun's magnetic fields are growing weeker from it's high point at the time of Christ's birth. Things will only get worse as the decline continues.

Oh, ok then...That explaines everything....
  • Options
    sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How sick is this,,he and his dog were abusing his 6yr old daughter and he filmed it

Ark. Man Confesses To Child Rape, Bestiality
    Police Uncover A Shocking Case Of Child Abuse

GARFIELD, Ark. -- Thomas Carr has been charged with two counts of rape, two counts of producing, directing or promoting a sexual performance by a child and one count of bestiality.

"It was shocking, and out of the three years I've been at the sheriff's office, I've never dealt with anything like this, nor have I heard of anything like this in the details of this case," said Benton County Sheriff's Office investigator Kenneth Paul.

Investigators said the animal involved in the case was a dog.

"He confessed that for a while he's had a fascination with animals. And he confessed to that charge. So that's why he was charged with one count of bestiality," Paul said.

Police said the victims are now safe.