In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

teenagers can surprise u

dawniedawnie Member Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2007 in General Discussion
Today I got a text from my sister and my neece gabby,there was a bomb threat at the middle school...all three schools are side by side and i have girls in all three school...so they had to evact...
I went to pick them up Gabby 16,her best friend desiree 17,caitlin 10 and vanessa 6.

My sister is kind of seeing desiree's dad and she lives with my sister,she was a real spoiled brat at first,but she has started coming around say please and thank you when i would do something for her,and when she text's good morning or hi she will add love you..Desiree's mom died a few years agao.

She has just gotten a job,at a resturant and I told them today we would go to taco bell for lunch,,,she handed me $5 I said what is that and she said for my lunch I have money...I told her thank you for the offer but i will go ahead and get it keep your money...

Comments

• Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Nice to see that kind of "suprise" from a teen, and not somthing bad...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    so true,,and the please and thank you's are such nice things to hear not to mention the I love you,,they just know how to melt your heart.
  • Options
    Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Dawnie - She's setting you up for something.

Doug
  • Options
    hissinggoosehissinggoose Member Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Let her know you notice the difference in her, and that you approve of it and you are proud of her, as I'm sure you are. Encourage good behavior at any age!
    I don't post a lot, but I read here quite a bit. In my estimation, you and Nunn are excellent role models....you seem to have positive impacts on the young people you come into contact with. The world needs more folks like you! Kudos! [^]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    maybe so,,,but i sure do enjoy it right now,I know I was teenager once and I used every trick in the book,and I mean every trick,
    I was the teenager that my mother thought I would be an alcoholic,drug user,and have two kids before I decided to drop out of school,,,,,boy did i prove her wrong......