In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Liberals... Please, I beg you....

Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
edited June 2004 in General Discussion
EDIT for clarification: Spend one day in my shoes, or any other veterans shoes, and see if you'd be so willing to "give way" all these rights we have fought so desperately to earn and protect.

Nevermind the personal danger, the fact that you may have to live under the sights of an SVD, or get popped by an IED on the roadside. Perhaps if you could feel, for but one day, the danger soldiers (past, present and future) feel, you'd fight a bit harder to protect some of these many rights we are losing as a society on an all but daily basis

Whatta you think, could you do it???? I'm not saying you couldn't, but would ya? Have you ever "felt" uncomfortable???? Help us take action against those who wish to deny us our rights as good, honest American citizens. take the time to write your congressman, or call your representative... and for crying out loud, VOTE!!!! Help us ensure our way of life, a way that some felt so strongly about, they died for.

NSDQ!

NS_Crest.jpgr6team.gifTalk_of_sacrifice.jpg

"The Lord knows the way I take, and when He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold" JOB 23:10

Comments

• ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    SVD? If I knew what one was, I'd be able to respond. Not trying to be a smart@$$ here... just don't know what one is.
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Im not sure what one is either,but I would like to say thank you for your service as well as others who are now serving their Country.And to all the vets who have served thank you.

Have a safe Memorial Day!!

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm married and my mother in law lives with me. Yes, I would do it and try to do it as well as you. Don[:D]

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I have been there....[:(]

Classic (the Ugly Biker)
    pig.jpg
    "I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    EMM-
    quote: SVD? If I knew what one was

dragunov1.gif

eyeflash.gif

We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors....but they all exist very nicely in the same box.
  • benzappedbenzapped Member Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    FrancF,

The picture of the rifle in your signature is causing the thread to be spread out a lot wider then my screen. Could you reduce the size of it a little?

Thanks
  • Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    Classic: I know you have my friend, as have many, many others on this forum. I just got a bit frustrated last night as I was reading some of the posts about "doubting this", and "blank is not true", and all the stuff that really bothers sometimes because it makes me wonder of folks who have never made some of the sacrifices our fellow soldiers have, can they truly appreciate freedom?

I once read that the sweet taste of freedom is a flavor the protected shall never enjoy. Sometimes I think that is true... other times, I do not think you have to go through some of the * we do in order to appreciate it... it's a struggle at times.

Now I see where the Pope has proclaimed that America is inching ever closer to slipping of the cliff of ethical and moral society. With all the gay marriage, no single person ever responsible for their behavior, government subsidized handouts, etc..., I can see where he is coming from somtimes. I think it is horrible that we are willing to tear down well established, fundamentals within our society for such s small group of individuals, all in an effort to ease their minds. I wonder what they will say to the Lord on judgement day? Will he lower his standards? I fear not.

Anyway, I apologize for the tirade, it was late and I has pissed and shouldn't have lashed out at the group. Sometimes it just gets frustrating in here, and I guess I need to take a break.

Best wishes to all... remember those who gave their all.

NSDQ!

NS_Crest.jpgr6team.gifTalk_of_sacrifice.jpg

"The Lord knows the way I take, and when He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold" JOB 23:10
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Still don't know what a SVD is.
    But I do know what a STD is. [:D] [:D] [8D]

sniper1.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    awcountdown_sm.gifhttp://www.awbansunset.com/
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    SVD stands for Snaiperskaia Vintovka Dragunova.

Should be enough of a clue.

"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate for an outright ban, picking up all of them, "Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in," I would have." -Sen. Dianne Feinstein

feinstein2.bmp
  • DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WTS/WTT IED for non-SPF SVD with 1x7 twist.
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    Now knowing what an SVD is, I can say that you're addressing the wrong crowd.

Liberals... conservatives... if you're addressing those in power, let me just say this: there is no difference.

Liberals think we're all too stupid to bear our rights with responsibilty.

Conservatives think they're too good to have the same rights as "commoners" and want to limit them appropriately.

Don't believe me? Bush (the first) and Reagan both signed gun control bills with NO SUNSET.

PERMANENT is a far cry from 10 years, wouldn't you say?
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    I'm with you Nightstalker.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    I hear you NS,

truth is as long as Senator's like Daschle, Boxer, Kennedy, Feinstein, etc. get elected there really isn't anything we can do.

People have threatened the above and they now carry concealed so maybe our justification for possessing arms is getting thru- yet they still are trying to revoke our rights.

Illegal immigrants have more rights than legal citizens.

Immigrants are now accepted into our military and given FREE EXPEDITED citizenship when they used to have to prove themselves and serve 3 years honorably and pay the $300. No we can be infiltrated from within and are losing our National Security.

I've had troops that were NOT citizens granted access to Secret locations to perform missions and when I informed the Officer's in charge I was told we are just too undermanned and they didn't feel there was a threat to National Security.

Don't get me wrong there are a few immigrants in our military doing good, I had one kid from Lebanon under me for a short time and wrote him a medal for doing the impossible that our command was asking for. I told him about getting paid extra for speaking foreign languages, he took the arabic test and aced it.

Then they sent him to gitmo as a translator right when they first set the place up. The CIA and FBI are both trying real hard to get him as he recently got his citizenship but now he has a family and fears he would be hunted down by the bad guys.

Our nation has pretty much revoked the Constitution as the Supreme Court will never hear another 2nd Amendment case and allow courts like the 9th Circus to declare 'American's don't have the Right to Bear Arms' with not one demonstration taking place.

awcountdown.gif