In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

eBay bans firearm accessories

Josey1Josey1 Member Posts: 9,598 ✭✭
edited June 2004 in General Discussion
Coming Soon: Policy and Category Changes In Hunting***
Date: 05/28/04 Time: 05:02:51 PM PDT

Effective June 8th, 2004, we will be making some guideline changes to the Hunting category (found under Sporting Goods). The following restrictions will limit what gun-related items can be sold on eBay:

The sale of any assault weapon-related parts or accessories will not be permitted. This will apply to all parts and accessories related to any firearm defined as an "assault weapon" by federal or California law.
The sale of any firearm receiver or firearm frame will not be permitted. This includes complete receivers and frames; components and parts of receivers and frames; or "cut", "80%", or "partially complete" receivers.
Category Changes

In order to improve the ability of buyers to find your items, three separate subcategories for gun-related items will be added to the Hunting category in early June: Gun Safety and Storage, Gun Parts, and Gun Accessories.

In addition, the Scopes, Optics, Taxidermy, Reloading Equipment, & Vintage subcategories will also be expanded. For more information, please view the whole list of new Hunting categories.

Regards,
eBay

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/marketing.shtml#20040528170226

"If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege." - Arkansas Supreme Court, 1878<P>

Comments

• ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    thats messed up, i am seriously going to limit my ebay spending now. Damn libbies..

GWB_logo_100.gifErie.gifak.jpg01_american_flag.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    If the sellers find GB, that's just more for us to choose from.

I have noticed the SAME items selling on EB sell for HIGHER prices on GB.

MVC-031S.jpg

"The Greatest Battle Implement Ever Devised!"
    -- Gen. George S. Patton
    referring to the M1 Garand
  • CHGOTHNDERCHGOTHNDER Member Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ebay Nazi's are really hard at work.

PJ

If nobody seen you do it, how could you have done it. NRA Life Member, AF&AM
  • Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    toothless.

They are still selling on fleabay. My favorite is how they show picts of big magazines, call them 'ten rounders' and continue to sell them on fleabay.

I'm guilty, I've bought some.[:D]

awcountdown.gif