In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How was your PA opening Day?

deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2005 in General Discussion
I just got Back to NY today, Got a Five point for the grill Opening day in Tioga county It walked right up to me on the ground at Sixteen yards[;)] , Tuesday was rough! the winds were blowing so bad i had a huge tree crash down about fifty yards to my right at that point i decided to sit on the field edge in hopes of the Out to Lunch crowd push some across the field, a group of seven does and a nice seven pointer ran to my buddy who nailed the buck. Not bad so far, How about you guys?

images.jpgnysrpa.jpgNoPETA.jpgnra.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    Mike's wasn't good...no meat in the freezer yet....[:(]

If at first you don't succeed, don't try sky-diving....
  • Options
    Bill CostikBill Costik Member Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey old lady are'nt you and Mike from Allegany or somewhere close by? I was hunting up in Rew and saw nice size 8 point Monday and a monster 10 today when I was out.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bill Costik
    Hey old lady are'nt you and Mike from Allegany or somewhere close by? I was hunting up in Rew and saw nice size 8 point Monday and a monster 10 today when I was out.

Used to live in Allegany. Living in Bradford now.
    I know they are out there, too, the "big uns", I mean.
    But I have to say that it does seem strange that I haven't seen but maybe one vehicle with a deer in it or on it. A few small ones and does, but not a single rack bigger than a couple prongs.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Hey you guys live in Bradford too? What a coincidence so do I. I have'nt seen too many deer around either. You catch that big buck in the paper on Monday?
  • Options
    CyclonusCyclonus Member Posts: 2,825
    edited November -1
    Didnt see squat down here but then again im not hunting this year. Just cant without my grandad. Hey Bill did you get one?

Revenge is a double edged sword that only kills its wielder

"Are you a photographer?"
    "No im a combat correspondant"
    "Well you seen much combat?"
    "Yeah I seen a little on TV"
    "Youre a real comedian"
    "Well they call me the Joker"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Where about in Rew were you hunting? Mike sometimes hunts some of the hollows out there.
    Yeah, saw the picture....[}:)]

• Options
    edited November -1
    More towarda Aiken than anything else. When you come to the top of Minard Run you go about a 1/4 mile towards Cylcone. Its on the left hand side of the road but its mostly private property. You or Mike can email me and I can give him directions to some of the places I saw the two bucks if you want, they happened to be on public land. Or If Mike wants me to show him have him call, my numbers in the book.

Cyclonus- no, did'nt get one yet, going on Friday to a place down by Warren thats loaded with huge bucks. I'm working damn hard at it though.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Bill, I'll tell Mike when he gets home. I have to go now, the daughter needs the computer for homework...Bye!

• Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah I wont get to go till probably next year I didnt even get to sight in the 8mm.

"Youre a real comedian"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey Cyclonus I forgot to ask you, whats the hunting like down south there? Farmland, small woods, lots of hunters, long shots, what?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Mostly farmland surrounded by woods deer here arent afraid of people and let you get pretty close. I never had to take a shot further than 75 yds. Last year was bad though I got screwed up several times by other hunters in my spots however, Most of them now go to ohio to hunt.

"Youre a real comedian"
  • Options
    deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    we shot the deer up in Liberty, Not many shots and most hunters i spoke to saw very few deer...many saw none[?]

images.jpgnysrpa.jpgNoPETA.jpgnra.jpg
  • Options
    RedneckRedneck Member Posts: 551 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got a seven point buck and a big doe.

f861e8c1.jpg
  • Options
    ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got a button buck at about 7 am, my brother got a good sized doe, and today my dad got a button buck.

sniper.gifhappy.gifanim_sniper.gif

"I will no longer debate a liberal because I feel they are beneath contempt. Just communicating with one contaminates a person." - whiteclouder
    th_israelC3.gif
  • Options
    ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess one of my cousins knows someone who got a 10 point with a 24 inch spread near bradford..

I got my button in smith hollow, and my brother got his doe in eldred.

sniper.gifhappy.gifanim_sniper.gif

"I will no longer debate a liberal because I feel they are beneath contempt. Just communicating with one contaminates a person." - whiteclouder
    th_israelC3.gif
  • Options
    zr700zr700 Member Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=178876

Proud NRA member
    "The constitutions of most of our states assert that all power is inherent in the people; that...it is there right and duty to be at all times armed."
    Thomas Jefferson 1824

Made_in_USA_135_Black1.jpg

us-flag1.gif
    IMG_8700145.jpg