In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

local pub queen of hearts game

Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2017 in General Discussion
some what local pub has been playing a card game to who ever reveils the queen of hears has went on a lot longer than expected last night they did the last few cards to get a winner and end the game
580k the winner received
even the 50/50 drawing last week was 47k
my son has been going but never won they would several 2k winners every week to keep the pot down my son told me 17k people there last night
the pub has been bringing in semi loads of beer and pizza it has to have been a record year for them also
any way here is a link to the final card and the lucky son of a gun [:D]
http://www.whio.com/

Comments

• Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Many of our local clubs are doing the 52 hidden symbols game that the bingo card companies patterned after the Queen of Hearts game.

It has been a life saver for our local FOE. The current board has 6 numbers remaining and the jackpot is $55k plus whatever they took in this week. We've actually increased membership because only members are eligible to play.

A Legion post in the next county over lets anyone play. I heard their jackpot was over $100k
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Flying Clay Disk

17,000 people...at a bar?????

Wow!!

That's not considered a Pub where I come from [:0].............[:D]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No it's a pub and the small town of Aviston is overrun , literally. It's to much.
  • Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Grasshopper
    No it's a pub and the small town of Aviston is overrun , literally. It's to much.

The town is Ansonia, Ohio, population about 1200, just a couple miles south of me. The crowd was so big they were parked solid clear out of town for 2-3 miles in each direction. The winner of the big prize got about 470K, then there were other prizes that brought the overall total to about 570K. They also donate a huge amount of money to charities.

This is held at a small bar next to the railroad tracks that was recently purchased by the new owners and boy did they turn it around. The bar is filled to capacity, the parking lot is full of people. The gas station across the street is packed with so many people they have to shut down for the festivities every time they have a drawing. The winner was a young fellow from about 10 miles north of town. Quite a big deal here in the boonies! [:D]
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bubba Jr.
    quote:Originally posted by Grasshopper

The town is Ansonia, Ohio, population about 1200, just a couple miles south of me. The crowd was so big they were parked solid clear out of town for 2-3 miles in each direction. The winner of the big prize got about 470K, then there were other prizes that brought the overall total to about 570K. They also donate a huge amount of money to charities.

This is held at a small bar next to the railroad tracks that was recently purchased by the new owners and boy did they turn it around. The bar is filled to capacity, the parking lot is full of people. The gas station across the street is packed with so many people they have to shut down for the festivities every time they have a drawing. The winner was a young fellow from about 10 miles north of town. Quite a big deal here in the boonies! [:D]

Same thing here was what I was saying - insane