In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Gun decision

gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
edited March 2004 in General Discussion
Im having a hard time making my gun decision. I want a Bushmaster ar15 but for that price I could probably almost afford two pretty decent guns or one gun and a safe (which my wife wants me to get). I kinda feel like I should get the Ar. Any opinions?

Larry

Comments

• ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Every collection needs at least one AR, and itll make a great defense/SHTF rifle. I say go for the AR before its too late, you never know what the liberals might do this september..

Gun Safes will never be illegal..

ruger.jpgGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gifak.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    Go to Cabela's website and type this in their search box: beowulf

Buy an AR lower for $100 from a dealer, $50 for a stock, $50 for the lower parts kit, get the upper from Cabela's.

You can then get different uppers and shoot .223, .22, 9mm, .458 Socom, .17, 45 acp, .....jeez that one lower receiver is all you need.

You could tell your wife you only have one rifle...and tell her all the uppers are accessories.

kabalogoshadowed.gif
  • littlebighornlittlebighorn Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not into AR's, but I like your style red.
  • schotzi1schotzi1 Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Personally, I would go with the AR!

I know I will be buying one well before September. You can still get another gun AND a safe after September but the Ar????

"meet me in Margaritaville"
  • 358 WINCHESTER358 WINCHESTER Member Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gun-runner
    you got mail can't tell you much about the gun but the person that listed it is a true number one person.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
  • Mall NinjaMall Ninja Member Posts: 89 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Although I lean to the Bushmaster XM15 as well ...

... Every collection needs a SAFE!

8388.gif
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buy a safe. The AR will still be here long after the elections. Any gun manufactured, and in inventory at any dealer/wholesaler will be grandfathered in and allowed to be sold. You could still get one,...that is even considering the unfounded fear that if a certain law is not sunset or a certain person is elected that all guns will disappear into thin air. Everyone who has multiple guns needs a GOOD safe for peice of mind and security.

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like both guns very well,I would pic the SAR-1 AK for its durability and price tag.Its never failed me no matter fow many rounds I put through it with out cleaning it.Good Luck no matter which you choose.

Best!

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the advice. It definetly helped me with my decision.

Larry