In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Too Much Politics! Let's Talk Guns!

robomanroboman Member Posts: 6,436
edited April 2004 in General Discussion
This is a bit of an unusual question, but I thought it'd be nice to ask anyway.

What was the first firearm given to you as a gift from an adult (I'm assuming the first was received as a child and from a parent figure).

My first was my great grandfather's Winchester 1894 Lever Action in 32 Winchester Special.

Anyone else care to answer?

signew.JPG
aniGif.gif
"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..."

Comments

• BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    Stevens Model 44 .22LR.

Given to me by my Great Uncle who was also my Godfather.

Originaly owned by my Great-Grandfather on my Dad's side.

Other than it needing a little work on the chamber(splits a shell now and then),it's a tack-driver and is in 90% condition.

BTW,that was about 35 years ago.

And thank you Robo for changing the subject!![^]

BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • duckyducky Member Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think I ever received a firearm as a gift for adulthood, but in the spirit of conversation, my most recent purchase was a dpms panther .308 [:)]

scope and bipod get ordered next week.. woot [:p]
  • Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    My first true gun "gift" was from a member of the Gun Broker Forum. None other than "JUJU the kind-hearted"!!! I won one of his contests, and his gift was a SWEET shooting Hi-Standard Sentinel 9-shot revolver in .22 cal

It is such a great wheel gun, and I have never owned one before. I really like this gun and know I'll never part with it.

Thanks agian JUJU, your the best!!!

NSDQ!

American_IR_Flag.jpgr6team.gifNS_Crest.jpg

"The Lord knows the way I take, and when He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold" JOB 23:10
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Never had a firearm given as a gift.

Closest to it was my first Weatherby bought with money saved when I had been off cigarettes for a year. The year was 1987.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
    Lock and load
  • Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    That was a gift to yourself in more ways than one Doug. [;)]

NSDQ!

American_IR_Flag.jpgr6team.gifNS_Crest.jpg

"The Lord knows the way I take, and when He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold" JOB 23:10
  • RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never had one given to me as a gift.

However the first gun that I ever purchased was a RUGER 10/22 stainless model. Still have it and it still has never jammed.

First pistol I ever bought was a RUGER KP-89. Still have that one too and it has not jammed either.

Over the years have picked up one or two more as well.

I did get a Remington Model 48 shotgun when my grandfather passed away. It is my shotgun of choice even though I have an 870 and a Browning Gold Hunter among others.

RUGER.jpg

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Ben Franklin

"I'm a man...but I can change...If I have to...I guess." Red Green
  • orca44magorca44mag Member Posts: 690 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never received a gun as a gift, so I'm saving for a Citori Ultra Sporter to console myself. Then I'm gonna go break 80 of 100....
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Christmas 1970, my father gave my brother and I identical Winchester .20 ga. single shot shotguns. Killed many a dove with her...

My brother's was stolen years ago, but mine remains, a lot less than perfect "safe queen."

Winchester%2020%20ga%20Small.JPG

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    My father passed down to me his Savage model 99 in 300 savage calibur. Nice little brush gun. [8D]

Greg
    Former Marine
    A N G L I C O
  • SilentKnightSilentKnight Member Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bushy AR15

gren_ani.gif

Come and Take it
  • oldgunneroldgunner Member Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My brother gave me a Remington model 11 last year that was manufactured in the 1920's. Has a cracked forearm as most of the old ones do, but it will still beat the crap outta a lot of dem trap guns. It's too darn heavy for me, but it looks nice on my wall, and when I'm up to it, lots of fun to shoot.

There are no bad guns, only bad people.
  • gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
    edited November -1
    Nobody ever gave me one.

Larry
    runroom_x.gif