In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ruger

dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2004 in General Discussion
Was Sturm Ruger in on the Assault ban? Didn't somebody say that they said something like "you don't need more than ten rounds"?

Comments

• dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    do they mark a ruger mk3 22lr with a 4" target bbl
    I found one that Im going to look at NIB the guy wants 200 for it
    sound like a deal he also has a ruger 1022 blue with a Dragunov stock and the wood stock for 150.

taz
    edited November -1
    I'm going to a gunshow this weekend, can i get a ruger used for $200 or under.
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    Well, I just had to show off my .44 carbine, my 10/22 magnum converted to .17HMR and my 10/22. That is all.
    PC060017.jpg
    PC060019.jpg
    edited November -1
    BlackRoses and I were running around today and found this , I petted it a bit and dang ifn it didnt follow me home.. Can I keep it ma? can I? HUH HUH?? It wont eat much, I promise..[:D]

RSS.jpg
    edited November -1
    asked me to post these pics, i guess he will be along soon to explain them....

[img]http://oldemagics.com/ran all.jpg[/img]

ran2.jpg

ran3.jpg

ran4.jpg
    edited November -1
    Looking to sell my Ruger P95D with 3 mags. It is used but looks brand new. Was wondering the going rate for one of these.
    edited November -1
    I need an owners manual for a Ruger P-90. Checked the web-site for contact info or a phone number, and none is listed. Anyone got their phone number or an e-mail? Thanks!

bhayes-answ10.gif

Taxation WITH representation isn't so hot either!
    edited November -1
    just looked at the ruger web site is it just me or is the quality of the guns going down
    edited November -1
    The cust service at Ruger is great...Got a new SR22 and there was no gun rug in the box as I had seen in some youtube vids. So...contacted them and they said they do not ship with the rug any longer, but as a customer courtesy we will be happy to send you one...Now that is good PR, especially these days...Not to mention the SR22 is a sweet little weapon...
  • BoomerangBoomerang Member Posts: 4,513
    edited November -1
    Bill Ruger made that statement.

Boomer

"Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as it is by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed"

. and the antithesis to this philosophy was uttered by Bill Clinton "I smoked it, but I didn't inhale."[V]

NRA Life Member
  • gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
    edited November -1
    Ruger did make that statement. He said no respectable civilian has a need for more than 10 rounds.[:(!]

Larry
    binladen.gif
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    A slight correction.

He made that statement in testimony before a senate committee.

Thank this rich,brillent man for single-handedly taking away one of your rights...and giving aid and comfort to the enemy.
    edited November -1
    Is Bill Ruger the currently with the Sturm Ruger company. If so, another (anti)gun company to boycott.

And no, I still haven't forgive S&W yet. They support absolutely no gun rights groups. If they support the GOA, I might end my boycott on their guns.
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think Bill died recently.

Regards,
    gadsden.jpg
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The statement Bill Ruger made is discourageing at the least,Ive heard statements that he was justified in makeing it for reasons I cant remember.I dont agree with his statement in the least.But they are favorite Firearms Manufacture in general and Im not going to boycott them and hurt myself by not buying the high quality guns Ruger Manufacture.They do make so darn good Rifles shotguns and Handguns,so if I boycott them Im only hurting myself.Another thing to consider is supporting American Handgun Manufactures.If we dont and they go out of business like alot of American company's have are the Foreign Gun Manufactures going to make us guns and parts for our guns?I really dont know but it is something to think about,myself Im now a big Sig fan as well as the Glock.But Im going to make it more of a point to find American made guns that I want even if I do have to give up some appealing foreign made guns.My 2 cents!

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,961 ******
    edited November -1
    no offense but if you cann't do it with 7 in a 1911 you sure as hell cann't do it with 15 in a glock.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No wait Mike, I might be in a firefight with Jamaican drug dealers and need 1,000 rounds! Whether I need more than 10 rounds is not really the issue. Actually I do not, but I have the constitutional right to have the 30 round in my Grindel and my right is the issue.
    edited November -1
    Just so easy to be flippant..that avoids the real issues...politicians and gun makers and NRA....all conspiring to take away our rights.
  • vikingsfaninmivikingsfaninmi Member Posts: 366 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, Bill Ruger is dead. The following link discusses the hi-cap mag issue. http://www.thegunzone.com/rkba/papabill.html
  • Shootist3006Shootist3006 Member Posts: 4,171
    edited November -1
    quote:Just so easy to be flippant..that avoids the real issues...politicians and gun makers and NRA....all conspiring to take away our rights

Horsepuckey!

NRA ENdowment, CRPA Life, Past President NRA Members Council
    Quod principi placuit legis habet vigorem. Semper Fidelis
    marinesega2.jpg
    edited November -1
    I assume the above indicates the typical blind loyality to institutions that have gotten us 22,000 gun laws in this country...and millions of laws restricting this glorious experiment that the founders left us...and we wern't man enough to keep.
  • sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I want to start this by saying I will bet I own more firearms than 90% of the people here,well up into triple digits,mostly collector pc's but alot of modern arms, "now with that said"
    What gun rights have been lost,what rights has anyone lost,the constitution says we have the right to keep and bear arms,we still have that right,no where does it say you have the right to a high cap mag,no where does it say you have the right to a full auto,what it does give you is the right to own a weapon,,arms could mean a bow and arrow or sword. I do not blindly follow any gun lobby group or firearm maker but I do understand many of the compromises they make even if I dont agree with them.Bill Ruger wanted to save Ruger Arms, he wanted to make sure they could continue to make the 10/22,the mark ll and all their other mag fed arms.Yes the 22,000 gun laws on the books at this time is ridiculus but we have to have laws,we can not have firearms being shipped to the homes of 3 time felons,so what laws do we keep and which do we throw out?If they placed a box on the upcomming ballet that gave the choice of losing all mags over 10rds forever but the constitution would be amended to say we could forever and always keep all simi-auto's under that would you vote for it or against it,,sorry but I would be for it.this would give my children and grandchildren the security of knowing they could forever keep grandpa's old guns ,they would just have to learn to change mag's faster [:)]
  • DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sharpshooter039
    no where does it say you have the right to a high cap mag,no where does it say you have the right to a full auto...

Please direct me to the section which states that we don't have those rights. Reading the Second Amendment to coincide with your interests is not an argument, and your appeal to evidence justifying your interpretation begs the question. And I certainly have no doubt that I would find your three-digit gun collection about as fascinating as counting Toyota station wagons on a Saturday night.
  • ZERODINZERODIN Member Posts: 6,338
    edited November -1
    The Constitution does not give you rights. It guarantees those rights against the government taking them. Any other rights that don't conflict with the Constitution are a matter for the states or the people. The Constitution says nothing about high-capacity magazines, so it's up to your state or to you. But it does say something about arms in general - something about how that right "shall not be infringed" - and therefore it's not up to the states or to you.

But just because the Constitution doesn't specifically enumerate a right doesn't mean you don't have it. Or are you fine with the US Gov't abridging your right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness just because it's not in the Constitution?
  • bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    and you guys always ragged me about my distaste for ruger. ha![xx(]
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So I guess the constitution gives everyone in america the right to own an atomic bomb or a nuke,I think they are considered arms and if these right can not be infringed we all should have at least one.the constitution does not specifically say I don't have the right to drive my car 100 mph everywhere I go so this means I have the right to do so? It says the right to bear arms not FIREarms. The term Arms is defined in nearly all dictionaries as "weaponry or implements of war".As long as you can own a broad axe your rights to bear arms has not been infringed,thats how we have the 22,000+ laws on the books.My point was and still is we all make compromises,I wanted to collect firearms so I got a FFL lic from the government,thats a compromise,everyone wants to carry so they get fingerprinted and have their background checked so they can get a ccw,thats a compromise,many groups like the NRA and companies like Rugar, may compromise little things to protect the major issue which is the future right to own FIREarms.I did not hold it against Ruger then and I still don't now and I will continue to support the NRA.
  • timberbeasttimberbeast Member Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK, sharpshooter, your right to free speech can only be practiced on stone tablets in Cyrillic.
    After all, the Constitution never specified the materials or language.
    Stop, you're embarassing yourself. Or compromise, and mail letters to us all instead of posting........
    edited November -1
    Ah yes the good machine gun issue.

Back when the first amendment was written, did we have the printing presses? I'm not sure, but I don't think so.

So, maybe the founding fathers didn't want us to be able to reach that many people with our viewpoints, so these "machine presses" are unconstitutional. Maybe they only wanted us to be able to say things in public. Maybe their public included the local saloon, but not the people of other states. Is this ability to reach millions of people with your opinions protected by your right to free speech?

If so, and I firmly believe it is, than your machine guns, that are just like any other gun, but fire much faster, are also protected by the 2nd amendment.
  • spectre7spectre7 Member Posts: 965 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Back when the first amendment was written, did we have the printing presses? I'm not sure, but I don't think so.

Johann Gutenberg my friend; a good bit before the first amendment, but your point is there all the same [8D]
    edited November -1
    Rights really exist only for someone smart enough to know he has them.

I have come to believe that,,watching slimy politicians and the NRA force gun laws down the throat of gun owners.

This guy with his 100's of guns is perfectly content to ride on the shoulders of stronger men..men willing to die even for his rights..that he sems willing to trade off for HIS 'collection'....

The day those men are no longer willing..his 100's of guns are gone..taken by forces he has no comprehension of at all...and totally unwilling to learn about from history.
  • James AyersJames Ayers Member Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Must be STRONG coffee!!

On your mark-get set- go away!!