In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Why can't we have an alternative to this POS??

alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
edited September 2004 in General Discussion
(AP) Already a box office sensation, Michigan filmmaker Michael Moore has gotten another loud reception at the Republican convention. This time, it was boos.

When Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., told the delegates Monday about "a disingenuous film maker who would have us believe that Saddam's Iraq was an oasis of peace," they knew he was referring to the maker of "Fahrenheit 9-11." The film, which savages Mr. Bush's Iraq policy, has set a box office record for documentaries, grossing $115 million so far.

McCain's comments prompted prolonged booing and chants of "Four more years." Many of the delegates faced Moore, who was seated in the press seats at Madison Square Garden because he is writing a column this week for USA Today.

Moore seemed to relish the attention, thrusting his arms over his head, laughing and saying, "Two more months."

Asked about McCain's remarks, Moore said, "I can't believe they're dumb enough to bring up the film and help its box office."

On the eve of the convention Moore, along with Jesse Jackson and actor Danny Glover, led a protest march through the streets of New York City, loudly and exuberantly chanting slogans such as "No more years." They accused the Bush White House of prosecuting an unjust war in Iraq, making the country poorer and undermining abortion rights.

[God! I hate this man!!!! I would love to smash his lips with my fist!]

Delta.gif

Extreme moments of horror should be met with extreme actions of preventive retribution

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my youth the most!

Comments

• Options
    Mr. BlastyMr. Blasty Member Posts: 592 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Keep a steady supply of doughnuts, Twinkies and Ho-hos in front of him and you won't hear a word from him. I hear he can eat three Twinkies a second.
  • Options
    alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    When he was Ralph Naders office monkey, Ralph should have declared him a publc safety problem.

Delta.gif

Extreme moments of horror should be met with extreme actions of preventive retribution

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my youth the most!
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Much ado about nothing...

I doubt he could get elected to anything except * of the month...

There was a cowhand once who said that Shakespeare was the only poet who wrote like he'd been raised on red meat.
    No man in his right mind will play with a gun. I've seen show-offs doing fancy spins and all that. No real gun-fighter ever did. With a hairtrigger, he'd be likely to blow a hole in his belly. L'Amour

wings2.gif
    Stolen from, and with thanks, to Kiwibird
  • Options
    rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking
    Much ado about nothing...

I doubt he could get elected to anything except * of the month...

You sure it's not the "Hole of my *" presidency he's after?

osamakerry.jpg
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The sewers of Calcutta are rife with higher life forms than Moore.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the french." (Mark Twain) ". . . And liberals / demoMAGGOTS" (me)
  • Options
    James AyersJames Ayers Member Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used to really like Danny Glover!

+if you ever feel lost, just talk to a native" JIMBO