In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Huge caravan of "migrants" heading through Mexico.

Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
edited April 2018 in General Discussion
https://www.buzzfeed.com/adolfoflores/a-huge-caravan-of-central-americans-is-headed-for-the-us?utm_term=.apVOOevkZ#.tvaQQeN5b

A Huge Caravan Of Central Americans Is Headed For The US, And No One In Mexico Dares To Stop Them
"If we all protect each other, we'll get through this together."

Originally posted on March 30, 2018, at 7:00 a.m.
Updated on March 31, 2018, at 5:44 a.m.
Adolfo Flores
Adolfo Flores
BuzzFeed News Reporter
San Pedro Tapanatepec, Mexico
Reporting From
San Pedro Tapanatepec, Mexico
Migrants cheer after clearing the first immigration checkpoint in Chiapas.
Luc Forsyth for BuzzFeed News
Pin
Migrants cheer after clearing the first immigration checkpoint in Chiapas.

Taking a drag from her cigarette, a Mexican immigration agent looked out toward a caravan of migrants that grew larger with each step they took on the two-lane highway.

When the agent, who'd covered her uniform with an orange and white shawl, learned that the Central American migrants heading her way numbered more than 1,000, she took off for the restaurant across the street.

?I'm going to have a relaxing Coke,? she told BuzzFeed News.

For five days now hundreds of Central Americans ? children, women, and men, most of them from Honduras ? have boldly crossed immigration checkpoints, military bases, and police in a desperate, sometimes chaotic march toward the United States. Despite their being in Mexico without authorization, no one has made any effort to stop them.

Organized by a group of volunteers called Pueblos Sin Fronteras, or People Without Borders, the caravan is intended to help migrants safely reach the United States, bypassing not only authorities who would seek to deport them, but gangs and cartels who are known to assault vulnerable migrants.

Organizers like Rodrigo Abeja hope that the sheer size of the crowd will give immigration authorities and criminals pause before trying to stop them.

?If we all protect each other we'll get through this together,? Abeja yelled through a loudspeaker on the morning they left Tapachula, on Mexico's border with Guatemala, for the nearly monthlong trek.

When they get to the US, they hope American authorities will grant them asylum or, for some, be absent when they attempt to cross the border illegally. More likely is that it will set up an enormous challenge to the Trump administration's immigration policies and its ability to deal with an organized group of migrants numbering in the hundreds.

The number of people who showed up to travel with the caravan caught organizers by surprise, and has overwhelmed the various towns they've stopped in to spend the night. Pueblos Sin Fronteras counted about 1,200 people on the first day.

About 80% of them are from Honduras. Many said they are fleeing poverty, but also political unrest and violence that followed the swearing in of Honduran President Juan Orlando Hern?ndez after a highly contested election last year. The group often breaks into chants of ?out with JOH.? They also chant ?we aren't immigrants, we're international workers? and ?the people united will never be defeated.?

Migrants hitchhike along the side of the highway as they move toward the city of Mapastepec, Chiapas.
Pin
Migrants hitchhike along the side of the highway as they move toward the city of Mapastepec, Chiapas.

Sweating after miles of walking in more than 90-degree heat with her two kids, Karen said conditions in Honduras were so bad she decided to take a chance with the caravan. She declined to give her full name.

?The crime rate is horrible, you can't live there,? Karen told BuzzFeed News on the side of a highway near Huixtla, a town in Chiapas, Mexico's southernmost state. ?After the president [was sworn in] it got worse. There were deaths, mobs, robbed homes, adults and kids were beaten up.?

Before setting out on the journey, the migrants were organized into groups of 10 to 15 people, and a leader was designated for each group. Five groups were then banded together in what organizers call a sector. While there are organizers from Pueblos Sin Fronteras leading the way, much of the effort to get to the US border is in the hands of the migrants themselves.

They've been organized into security, food, and logistics committees. Organizers say it's meant to help the migrants empower themselves.

Sandra Perez, 40, who's also from Honduras, is one of two women who belong to the security committee. It's not her first caravan: She has traveled with a procession of Central American mothers through Mexico in search of disappeared migrants.

?I like doing this, it makes me happy and I feel useful,? she told BuzzFeed News.

Not everyone is planning on crossing into the United States undetected. Migrants like Yonis, an Honduran man who declined to use his full name, are hoping to get their families to other parts of Mexico. He was able to legalize his status in Mexico and is hoping to get his wife and seven month old baby to the Mexican state Nuevo Le?n.

"I have my life there," Yonis told BuzzFeed News. "We're all here fighting together, going to different borders, chasing an American dream that sometimes becomes a reality or doesn't for some."

Organizers estimate that about two-thirds of people are planing on crossing into the United States undetected or asking for some type of protection like asylum.

Twenty-nine-year-old Mateo Juan said the caravan was his third attempt at getting to the United States. Seven months ago, Mexican immigration officers pulled him off the bus. The same happened about a month ago.

He heard about the caravan in March when he arrived in Tapachula, the caravan's starting point.

?Going alone is risky. You're risking an accident, getting jumped by robbers, and even your life,? he told BuzzFeed News. ?All of that, and then you don't get to the United States. The caravan is slower but you know you're going to get there safely.?

Still, there are no guarantees on the route or assurances that once they reach the US border they'll be able to cross undetected or be allowed to stay under some type of protection like asylum.

Alex Mensing, another organizer with Pueblos Sin Fronteras, made that point clear to the migrants before the group started out. He also stressed that everyone is responsible for their own food, water, and payment for vans or buses. Still, it's far cheaper than being assaulted or falling into the hands of unscrupulous smugglers.

?I'm here to work together with the people who had to leave their countries for whatever reason,? Mensing said through a loudspeaker. ?We're fighting together. We're not here to give anyone papers and we're not here to give anyone food.?

Mensing said Pueblos Sin Fronteras isn't calling on people to make the trek, but if they're going to try to go through Mexico on the way to the United States, the group will help them.

The caravan propels itself forward using whatever way it can. Sometimes that means packing into the back of a truck, negotiating lower rates for vans, or hitching a ride on the back of empty big rigs from whatever town they're in. The group sleeps in town plazas. Local townspeople and churches feed them.

In the evening, when the group settles in for the night, the kids play in playgrounds or dart among the crowd, chasing one another. Teenagers and adults play soccer using rocks as goal posts.

On Tuesday, the caravan had plans to board the freight train known as ?the Beast? or sometimes ?the Train of Death? in Arriaga to speed the journey north. It's a dangerous part of the journey, with death and injury only too possible from a precarious perch atop a rail car, and the group practiced boarding, one woman in a purple shirt slowly making her way up a parked train's ladder while the crowd below cheered her on. On another train car, men wearing backpacks steadily made their way up one by one.

Migrants practice boarding "La Bestia," the infamously dangerous train that will carry them toward the US border.
Pin
Migrants practice boarding "La Bestia," the infamously dangerous train that will carry them toward the US border.

ADVERTISEMENT

?This is so the women and children can lose their fear, know what it's like to board the train, and turn back if they want,? Irineo Mujica, director of Pueblos Sin Fronteras, told the crowd.

But the train Mujica hoped would move the entire group to Puebla, one of their stops, never came, and in the end the group boarded trucks and school buses to cover the distance to San Pedro Tapanatepec, a town in the Mexican state of Oaxaca.

The move to the trucks was frantic, as people jostled for the limited space, and the security committees made a chain to hold people back. Mostly women and children wearing backpacks and carrying jugs of water got on the first truck.

Moving the entire group took hours, and some of the men, unable to gain a space in the vehicles, walked all night to join the rest of the group. On Friday, Good Friday, the organizers hope to board the Beast at another location.

Mujica said he was left with a sense of disbelief at seeing so many people go through such hardship in search of a better life.

?I can't imagine my son walking on top of these trains. I can't imagine hiding my children just to get to a city that's four hours away,? Mujica said. ?These are good people who are suffering as if they were slaves and putting their kids' lives at risk. But it is what it is.?

UPDATE
March 30, 2018, at 8:44 p.m.
By Friday afternoon, plans to make it to another train stop had fallen through, and the caravan set up camp in Santiago Niltepec, in Mexico's Oaxaca state. Several of the buildings in the municipality are still cracked and crumbling from an earthquake that struck in February. But migrants took shelter in them anyway as it began to rain. Many of the people were wondering when, or if, they?d be able to board ?the Beast? for the journey north.

Comments

• wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Someone will be stopping them when they get to our border...
    "What is truth?'
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,814 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Should be interesting when they get to the border. Where's that wall when we need it.

Mexico helping dump a few thousand more NON MEXICAN CITIZENS on the U.S. because what. we can afford it and Mexico can't?

Surely the U.S. doesn't need to arrest them, bring them into the U.S. feed and cloth them and then what, fly them back to where they came from?

[:(][:(][:(][:(][:(]
  • m88.358winm88.358win Member Posts: 7,272 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This I think is the big push. They know Russian narrative has failed. Though they are desperately trying to resuscitate it. Scandals not working. Giant gun grab being pushed. Along with blood of children and how we don't care and now suddenly out of thin air a thousand plus immigrants are heading for the border. They know they have to separate POTUS from his base. We all know big money is behind this. They are getting desperate. We aren't cooperating.[:(!]
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i read that messico provides busses and trains to haul these poste haste across to the north and dump em on our OPEN BORDER....get a second and third job you in the middle class...provide welfare for the world...PAST TIME for our military to protect our borders
  • john carrjohn carr Member Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Strange that this migration should start just as the wall is starting to be built! I don't know how to print in green but you get the drift.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Warbirds
    cargo-la-bestia.jpg

Seen that photo a lot its from an Article Jun 28th 2014.
    edited November -1
    You are right, the photo can't be correct. Maybe this article is the MOTHER of all similar articles,, March 20th ???

Mexico is allowing illegal aliens to enter Mexico and helping them to the border with the U.S. so they can then become illegal aliens in the U.S.,, this really pizzzs me off. Obama GAVE Mexico 50,000,000 dollars to strengthen their Southern border. [:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]

There should be someway to stop them from entering. Some non-violent way.

ALERT ! - 1,500 Central American Migrant Families Crossing Mexico to Reach U.S. Border !

Caravan of 1,500 Central American Migrant Families Crossing Mexico to Reach U.S. Border

by ILDEFONSO ORTIZ AND BRANDON DARBY
    30 Mar 2018

A caravan of more than 1,500 families including men, women, and children are making their way from Central America through Mexico and are expected to arrive at the US-Mexico Border in the coming days to request refugee status.

Known as the Viacrucis Migrante 2018, the caravan began on March 25 in the state of Chiapas and is expected to reach Tijuana within a month where the members of the group are expected to request refugee status from the U.S. government.

The caravan is organized by the immigrant rights group Pueblo Sin Fronteras who have been posting updates about the caravan?s journey through Mexico.

The group is reportedly made up of families from Guatemala, El Salvador, and Honduras who are fleeing extreme poverty and gang violence. The group has been demanding a stop to the violence.

While the group is made up primarily of individuals who could be considered undocumented by Mexican authorities, officials have stepped aside, Mexico?s El Universal reported.

Additionally, the group has been thankful to the local governments in various rural communities in southern Mexico for helping the caravan by providing transportation, food, and other aid.

The push to the border comes at a time the Trump administration has clashed with the Mexican government over their apparent leniency when dealing with drug cartels, border security, and the payment of walls.

Ildefonso Ortiz is an award-winning journalist with Breitbart Texas. He co-founded the Cartel Chronicles project with Brandon Darby and Stephen K. Bannon. You can follow him on Twitter and on Facebook. He can be contacted at Iortiz@breitbart.com.

Brandon Darby is managing director and editor-in-chief of Breitbart Texas. He co-founded the Cartel Chronicles project with Ildefonso Ortiz and Stephen K. Bannon. Follow him on Twitter and Facebook. He can be contacted at bdarby@breitbart.com.
    Actual Photo near Chiapas Mexico Due North
    t1-777317-3f4_4215_9ef4_bbd9beb7f045.jpg

http://www.onepoliticalplaza.com/t-127731-1.html
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very scary. We need to round em up at the border, take 'em to the airport and fly 'em back home to their Latin American hellhole.
    Then they probably won't try their difficult and dangerous journey again.

Adios, M F
  • mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    Very scary. We need to round em up at the border, take 'em to the airport and fly 'em back home to their Latin American hellhole.

Adios, M F

More like mow em down. Why should it cost me more than a buck a piece to solve the problem. This is definitely a good example of why the citizens need FULL AUTO.

Get on the phone and demand they put national guard out too as these criminals march north.

Will Trump hold his position? These are foreign invaders.

If they try crossing in Arizona, I'm loading up and going the meet and greet them. If they choose the more likely crossing in California, let them have em.
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs

Adios, M F

Once they get in it takes years to get them out. Almost forty years ago my wife got a call from a girl she didn't know who had been given our number before she left Honduras. The girl was being held in a local detention center & she asked for some simple basic items she needed. She had been rescued alone in the desert after being abandoned by her guide.
    We took her the things she asked for & then a few days later she called saying she had been released & could we help her. We took her in for a couple of weeks & then she left on her own & I've never heard of her again. The policy then & maybe still was catch & release.
    My wife has been here for over fifty years & I still can't get them to ship her back.
    I've seen it all up close. My wife's niece overstayed her visa & had a kid here. Her sister got to stay under the last amnesty deal & I can't count all the cousins.
    I've been to Honduras & I liked it but it has gotten much worse since then with all the gang members we have shipped back there. The murder & drug problems have soared in the last couple of decades.
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dems are bringing them in for the 2018 election cycle!

Try that poop in any other country and get shot crossing, don't see why we have to allow it.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Judging by the pics, they don't appear to be fleeing from starvation.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
    edited November -1
    I hope the local Mexicans pick em off one at a time as they head north. They typically don't like em either, and as they run out of food and water on the trek, they are going to step off into villagers who won't be happy. And when they block a road, you better believe you are not getting through.
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mogley98
    Dems are bringing them in for the 2018 election cycle!

Try that poop in any other country and get shot crossing, don't see why we have to allow it.

Yup.

As for shooting them. Maybe Russia? Not EU countries. And sure as chit US won't either.

I wonder if CDC could stop them citing public health?
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I truly do feel bad for all the immigrants
    but stay the hell home fix your problems or die trying do not bring them to the USA

we need too have a two fence line 1st no crossing second your DRT
    come in thru the proper channels and limit to XX amount each year I would be glad to welcome them
  • buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    what the hell? it's not illegal to come to America as an immigrant. let them march all the way across Mexico. when they get here they can take the tests and fill out the forms and whatever. so long as we make sure they don't dodge the INS office and enter as illegals, and/or send back the ones that can't pass the tests and the paperwork. they should be welcome here. why not?

aren't there enough banana republics where the people are sick of the corruption, crime and oppression? you see what these people from Honduras are saying. they don't have the power to overthrow such bad government, and there aren't any good leaders to choose from anyway. like some lady from Bangladesh told me, so what if a good man comes into power in her country? he would be killed by a bad man who would take his place so it's hopeless. so, I was thinking, what if the majority of the people allowed the U.S. to come in and take power (invade, basically) set up a provisional government run by the U.S., paid for by the local economy like any other government, until they build a stable infrastructure and national political system, until they don't need us to administer their country anymore.

I know well enough that stupid people have the stupid situation they are in because they are stupid, and if you right the situation for them it won't be long before it devolves right back to where it was. but is everyone stupid? these people are walking 2000 miles or whatever from Central America to North America because they are sick of what's going on, can they be that bad? how about the rest of them back home?
  • remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buschmaster
    what the hell? it's not illegal to come to America as an immigrant. let them march all the way across Mexico. when they get here they can take the tests and fill out the forms and whatever. so long as we make sure they don't dodge the INS office and enter as illegals, and/or send back the ones that can't pass the tests and the paperwork. they should be welcome here. why not?

aren't there enough banana republics where the people are sick of the corruption, crime and oppression? you see what these people from Honduras are saying. they don't have the power to overthrow such bad government, and there aren't any good leaders to choose from anyway. like some lady from Bangladesh told me, so what if a good man comes into power in her country? he would be killed by a bad man who would take his place so it's hopeless. so, I was thinking, what if the majority of the people allowed the U.S. to come in and take power (invade, basically) set up a provisional government run by the U.S., paid for by the local economy like any other government, until they build a stable infrastructure and national political system, until they don't need us to administer their country anymore.

I know well enough that stupid people have the stupid situation they are in because they are stupid, and if you right the situation for them it won't be long before it devolves right back to where it was. but is everyone stupid? these people are walking 2000 miles or whatever from Central America to North America because they are sick of what's going on, can they be that bad? how about the rest of them back home?

They won't be illegals, they'll be refugees. Which means an automatic invitation to welfare[V][V][V]
  • Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Start now moving all pit bulls to the border and stop feeding them a couple of days before the crowd arrives.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the AMERICAN taxpayer should NOT be saddled with the responsibility to bail out all the failed countries social problems...these economic AND political runaways should be STOPPED AND TURNED AROUND AT OUR BORDERS ...a simple reminder of why welcoming arms is a disaster is to look at Europe and the Scandanavian countries being led by blind deaf and dumb do gooders who geneally make no personal sacrifice...but luv to draw big pay and sit comfy above the fray in place like Brussels sending mandates and dictum down to the rest on how they are supposed to live and pony up their money
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hobo9650
    Trump should close the borders to all traffic several days before they reach ours. Don't let anything in or out. Keep it closed for several months. Then watch the mexs govt suffer.

If this bunch gets in, there will be millions next month.

This is true, taco stands and bottled water vendors will cover the mexican roads between Central American and the Northern Border of Mexico.

Think there will be Mexicans in the group? lolol.gif

I'd bet there will be women carrying babies and 100's of small children with their cute little faces broadcast over world wide TV.

Hope they don't make it to the border or this is "overblown".

Actually it's a pretty good idea if you're supported by Mexico.

Mexico escorting illegal aliens to the U.S. border, never would have believed it would or could happen.

Suppose anyone has mentioned it to Trump? I'm serious, this isn't on any news.
  • gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by droptop
    quote:Originally posted by hobo9650
    Trump should close the borders to all traffic several days before they reach ours. Don't let anything in or out. Keep it closed for several months. Then watch the mexs govt suffer.

If this bunch gets in, there will be millions next month.

This is true, taco stands and bottled water vendors will cover the mexican roads between Central American and the Northern Border of Mexico.

Think there will be Mexicans in the group? lolol.gif

I'd bet there will be women carrying babies and 100's of small children with their cute little faces broadcast over world wide TV.

Hope they don't make it to the border or this is "overblown".

Actually it's a pretty good idea if you're supported by Mexico.

Mexico escorting illegal aliens to the U.S. border, never would have believed it would or could happen.

Suppose anyone has mentioned it to Trump? I'm serious, this isn't on any news.

Most unseeing post, ever.
    Where do you think the story came from? The Easter Bunny?
    I'll be waiting for the "lost patrol" from (d) land in Santa Teresa.
    edited November -1
    Group Name: Pueblo Sin Fronteras (Town without Borders).

They have a web page with info. plus links to their facebook page, links to "go fund me" and of course email.

Home Page: http://www.pueblosinfronteras.org/index.html

Facebook Page about their 2018 caravan. https://www.facebook.com/PuebloSF/

Pretty well organized. You can follow along, pages are updated.[:(][:(][:(]

Not follow along by foot, view the pages and updates.[:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    Guess that email I sent Trump got noticed.[:D][:D][:D]

Here is Fox news account of what's going to happen,, sad, sad, sad. [:(] [:(][:(][:(]
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04/01/trump-calls-for-tough-immigration-reform-after-report-caravan-with-central-americans-heading-to-us.html
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If Trump allows this to happen, he is done. He needs to invoke executive orders, or anything that is necessary to turn this mass back.

75% of his campaign was based on ending illegal immigration, and building a wall. Time to do whatever it takes.

We can't continue to exist with people just flooding into our country at will. No other nation allows this,...why do we?[xx(]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mexihole actively assists our enemies.

War on them.
    edited November -1
    If someone who IS NOT a U.S. citizen sets foot on U.S. soil and claims "refugee status" he gets to stay in the U.S.,, well,, who made up that B.S. law?

Why not just say Kings "X" or "I'm FREE" or "where's my money" and you'd be in like flynn.

I'd rather reopen sheriff joe arpaio's "tent compound", give them pink underwear and keep a flock of chickens and let them prepare their own food until ???? forever, It'd be cheaper.

chicken02.gif
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    If Trump allows this to happen, he is done. He needs to invoke executive orders, or anything that is necessary to turn this mass back.

75% of his campaign was based on ending illegal immigration, and building a wall. Time to do whatever it takes.

We can't continue to exist with people just flooding into our country at will. No other nation allows this,...why do we?[xx(]

Yep, this is going to be the defining moment for him. How many will sing his praises after they all get amnesty, assylum and welfare?

Smart like a fox, always a step ahead, and he is a Democrap. Do the math, you have been played. [xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(]
    edited November -1
    Trump appears to have something in mind but nothing has been released.

It appears if they DO GET INTO THE U.S. they will get processed by ICE and then RELEASED BY ICE with a "promise" to appear in court "some day". [:(][:(]

This is a report that is worth watching lots of info. Congress can pass a law "not to release" tomorrow, if they would.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04/01/trump-calls-for-tough-immigration-reform-after-report-caravan-with-central-americans-heading-to-us.html

So, now what, one possibility might be to setup a "tent compound"[:D] on federal land and incarcerate the "refugees" for an indefinite time.

As far a Trump being "finished" that shouldn't happen, how is he responsible? Trump has done a lot but he's only President, NOT CONGRESS who makes the laws.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by droptop
    Trump appears to have something in mind but nothing has been released.

It appears if they DO GET INTO THE U.S. they will get processed by ICE and then RELEASED BY ICE with a "promise" to appear in court "some day". [:(][:(]

This is a report that is worth watching lots of info. Congress can pass a law "not to release" tomorrow, if they would.

So, now what, one possibility might be to setup a "tent compound"[:D] on federal land and incarcerate the "refugees" for an indefinite time.

As far a Trump being "finished" that shouldn't happen, how is he responsible? Trump has done a lot but he's only President, NOT CONGRESS who makes the laws.

What part of "leader" don't you understand? It' his job, if he isn't up for the task step aside or be removed forcefully.

I'm not going to accept the "hands tied" excuse to running our country.
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is an scenario where you need to get out the old Water Cooled Maxim Gun. I think 4-6 set in and enfilading fire position with 1000 rds each would make short work of that bunch.
    RLTW

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SoreShoulder
    quote:Originally posted by Sam06
    This is an scenario where you need to get out the old Water Cooled Maxim Gun. I think 4-6 set in and enfilading fire position with 1000 rds each would make short work of that bunch.
    Our government won't do that.

Wanting to be here shouldn't be an executable offense by itself.

What if they were given a brief class in fighting for your society and sent home? The ones who didn't want it could just be sent home.

Gotta love it. I worked steel and iron etc. You put your hand in the shear, you may not want to have your hand cut off, but it gets cut off.

The line needs to be drawn and held. I would gladly spend time at the border playing carnival shooting gallery as they climb the fence. It's WAR, not we invited you here. It is an illegal Invasion, all and any means to repel them should be taken.

Someone breaks into your home, you gonna play nice or level em?

10 somebodies break into your house you gonna roll over.

YOU hear about 20 or more people getting ready to break into your house, they want in, you gonna call in help to defend your home, or just hand them the keys?

I didn't think so.
    edited November -1
    The group has young children, women, elderly, etc. There are reporters traveling with them. This is a well planned "invasion" and no way to win w/o Mexico's cooperation,, BEFORE they get to the border.

Once they set foot on U.S. soil the only way is to arrest them all and put them in trucks and THEN GAS THE WHOLE BUNCH !!! (ok, gas is a bad idea) transport them away from the area to a federal "holding area" when they can be processed AND NOT RELEASED.

In other words,, get them away from the reporters as quick as possible. Just don't do a catch and release. Feds will need to earn some of their money and find a place to keep them.
  • gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Hilarious.
    You folks that live comfortably away from the border have such quaint, antiquated ideas.
    Of course, you expect that the residents of the border states will just let a couple hunnert illegals hang out, do some sightseeing, prepare the paperwork for a Lifetime of luxury, and maybe hand out condoms.
    That oughtta slow 'em down!
    Let's blame James Carville for stuff! He's just as involved in this as our President!
    Or maybe Jimmy Hoffa; pretty sure he heard about meskins before he went somewhere. Gotta be his fault.

Tal vez cuando Los Lobos son en la puerta; you'll come up with something more pertinent and informed (or not).
  • roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,105 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If they get thru it will open up a landslide of more.
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
    edited November -1
    Had a thought[:D] There will probably be reporters "embedded" with the group.

Need to give disinfectant "showers" and hospital gowns to assure they stay "disinfected. Burn their clothes to prevent the spread of lice and ????

Do a physical inspection and then all's that left is to say "raise up your gown" for a cavity search.

Put them in a nice cool place with soup and TV while their cell phones and other belongings are inspected and start the ID verification process.

Wonder if any jobs are opening up for Immigrant inspection coordinators?
    http://streetcarnage.com/blog/lapd-diary-my-first-strip-search/
  • NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's Mexico's problem right now. Once they get to our border it's our problem.

Can't blame them for wanting to come...but who is financing them?

Once they arrive they get queued up just like any other immigrant. Fill out forms, wait in line. Should be on the MEXICAN side of the border, but...

I trust Donald. MAGA! He will handle it.
  • WyattEarp45WyattEarp45 Member Posts: 63 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    WHAT? A gun owners forum filled with people who scream about preserving their 2A rights and their country....some of you sound like bleeding heart liberals....let them come in?...give them forms to fill out?...are you kidding me? STOP THEM AT THE BORDER. PERIOD. DO NOT SPEND OUR MONEY TO FLY THEM BACK OR EVEN FEED THEM OR PROVIDE THEM WITH FIRST AID,ETC. STOP THEM. PERIOD.

What kind of stupid suckers have we in this country become? The USA is for AMERICANS, not just anyone who dances across our borders. I cannot believe some of the talk I am hearing from people on this forum, and elsewhere. If you care in the least about your lifestyle and your country and the future of your children/grandchildren, for crissake stop this insanity of illegal immigration NOW. It may already be too late, but to add insult to injury is just plain insanity.

We cannot care for the world's peoples. This is war, and we are not fighting our battles properly. We will lose if these invaders are not STOPPED.