In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Switched from AT&T to T-Mobile

WranglerWrangler Member Posts: 5,788
edited July 2018 in General Discussion
So far, so good. To AT&T: Adios, mofo!

Comments

• Options
    Bottom GunBottom Gun Member Posts: 232 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good for you. I fired those crooks over 20 yr ago after they ripped me off on one of their prepaid phone cards.
    They admitted issuing two cards with the same account number. When I tried to use my card, I was told all the minutes were already used by the other person who had the same card number.
    I was told by the crooks at AT&T there was nothing they could do for me and they refused to issue another card. My previous 25 yr as an AT&T customer meant nothing to them so I cancelled all my AT&T service on the spot.
    They really don't care though. They don't have to.
    Mechanical engineers have their moments.
  • Options
    DirtyDawgDirtyDawg Member Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Give us an update on cost, tower coverage, etc. Who own's T-Mobile these days??
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you travel, please advise how the coverage was/ is during that time. I have a gut full of Verizon, BUT their coverage in my area is the best.[B)]
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will never use AT&T, being in Iraq and Afghan solidified that.

All of our civillian land lines were VOIP lines and had stateside numbers, a calling card would last a long time.

AT&T military phone banks were all local numbers to the host country meaning that a 500 minute phone card would last 30 minutes or so because all calls home were international calls. Tell me AT&T could not use VOIP and save those soldiers tons of money, they are ripping them off!

I would love to dump Verizon but they are the only carrier that works nationwide almost everywhere, no other carrier can best thier nationwide coverage and I never roam. My ELOG runs off cell towers with my IPad, constant reliable service is an absolute must and I run my truck operation soley on internet and phone service, losing service can cost me a lot of money.
  • Options
    WranglerWrangler Member Posts: 5,788
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DirtyDawg
    Give us an update on cost, tower coverage, etc. Who own's T-Mobile these days??

For the past year, AT&T service has steadily declined where I am. Used to get 4 bars of service, but the past 3-4 months it has been 1-2 bars . A lot of ?can you hear me now? and dropped calls. Had a family share plan of unlimited talk, text and data, but data slowed after you hit a threshold. It was like having dial up again.

New plan is an employee family plan. True unlimited talk, text and data for about half what I was paying with AT&T. So far, 4 bars of service and all is good. Did have a slight hiccup with porting my old number over from AT&T. Coverage map looks dang near identical to AT&T?s map, but that didn?t mean a thing when I was getting dropped calls and dead airtime.

T-Mobile just merged with Sprint, so it looks like things will get even better. Just hope they don?t get too big for their britches like AT&T did. Their customer service sucked.
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Switched from ATT 5 years ago. T-Mobile coverage is OK in Houston but not sure about the total U.S.

Looks like ATT is gradually going Downhill. They are on the road to oblivion due to their poor customer service and are generally clueless about cell phones. Spent Billions to purchase successful companies and are flushing them down to drain due to their poor management.

Why buy cell phone companies? Because ATT couldn't create their own.