In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

More gun-related than most of these.

MRBEANMRBEAN Member Posts: 562 ✭✭✭
edited April 2005 in General Discussion
I want to know who has hunted exotic/uncommon animals. And the other 4 W's (last one "why" replaced by "with what/what gun did you use)?

Comments

• kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    Lawnmowers, woodchucks, and junk cars. If'n you think a lion is hard to stop, try dropping a Buick[;)]

Love them Beavers
    orst-title-1.gif
  • timbromantimbroman Member Posts: 1,164
    edited November -1
    Well I doubt as many as one in twenty shotgunners have ever hunted snipe and maybe even half or more are unaware of snipe-shooting. It is similar to dove-hunting in its action but maybe even faster. It can be uncomfortable, though - wet, wintery. I no longer use anything other than a 12 gauge auto with low-brass #8's.

Not so exotic but pretty uncommon and a whole lot of fun.

"Man must cease attributing his problems to his environment and learn again to exercise his will - his personal responsibility in the realm of faith and morals."
    Albert Schweitzer, 1875-1965
  • RedneckRedneck Member Posts: 551 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cat hunting in the city with a ak[:D]

Long live General Lee
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We took my friend's wife snipe hunting after a night of alcohol consumption. We had a spotlight on her and we have photos of her walking around with a garbage bag. We told her she has to pounce on the snipe and bag it (no guns obviously). Good photos!
  • HokkmikeHokkmike Member Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did an emergency elimination of a skunk that was hiding out under a neighbor's porch. Also, was attacked in midday by a rabid fox. Let him get very close before shooting. (Afterwards it seem stupid- what if I had missed) The game you are talking about sounds expensive to hunt.

Sako Fan
  • bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1
    Used to hunt rats on the farm at night with a flashlight and a 22.

MOLON LABE!
    allahSortbs.jpg
    An evil tree bears evil fruit. You can destroy as much fruit as you want, but it will always grow back, and it will always be evil.

Tear the tree out of the ground by the roots and burn it. Burn it to ash and grind out the embers with your boot until there's nothing left. Not a single spark. Not a single seed.