In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ad in local paper--to call or not to call?

RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
edited February 2005 in General Discussion
Ad in local paper:

FN/FAL L1A1 .308 CAL. Rifle, 3 Mags. $549. Call XXX-2X3-0XX0

Is this a good deal? I know, without seeing it or without pictures, I don't know the condition, but in general, would this be worth pursuing at all? [8)]

Comments

• Options
    Jimmy BossJimmy Boss Member Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes Ram call!
    It cant hurt to find out more info. You just might run up on the deal of a lifetime. 549.00 is just the asking price. I would say you could walk away with it much cheaper if the seller is needing to move it. Watch out for the over eger(Sp) seller. If he raises the hairs on the back of your neck hang up ASAP. I wont hurt to check it out.

JBoss......Fear No Fish/peace through superior firepower/The gun manufacturers are not making a dangerous product.
    Bad parents are.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    First off there is no such rifle as an FN FAL L1A1, it either has to be an FN FAL (metric pattern rifle) or an L1A1 (which is an inch pattern rifle and was never produced by FN). On the surface it sounds like the deal of a lifetime since an real Fabrique National (FN) FAL rifle would sell for a minimum of $2,000...or even more depending on the variation. The reality is that the rifle is probably an FN FAL type rifle and the L1A1 leads me to beleive that it came from Century Arms and could be a mish-mash of several different parts kits pieced together on a Century Arms receiver and called a rifle because it is capable of shooting. When you make the call ask for the exact markings on the receiver.

"Nothing can ever be made 'idiot proof' because idiots are simply too clever"!
    Mark T. Christian
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Probably home FFL selling Century's out of his house. Worth calling to see what else he has!

Regards,
    gadsden.jpg
  • Options
    Jimmy BossJimmy Boss Member Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ram, this was all That came up in a search for this weapon type
    003.jpg

"No longer being made! An awesome price!! L1A1 .308 Rifle What a great oppurtunity to own a quality .308 rifle! Brand new Hesse metric recievers with refinished, like new condition, British L1A1 parts to make this quality FAL .308 rifle. New US made stocks, complies with all ATF regulations. Also has a ported muzzle break, fold down cocking handle and flip up rear sight like the original. This rifle comes with 2-20rd metric magazines and mag pouch and are in like new condition. Not for sale where prohibited by law. Signed copy of FFL required. """

Code: 003
    Price: $649.95

Hope this helps you.

JBoss......Fear No Fish/peace through superior firepower/The gun manufacturers are not making a dangerous product.
    Bad parents are.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    When ever you see the word Hesse attached to any firearm I suggest that you make your exit away from any possible purchase without delay!

"Nothing can ever be made 'idiot proof' because idiots are simply too clever"!
    Mark T. Christian
  • Options
    RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the pointers...I'll bear all in mind and make the call tomorrow. [8D]
  • Options
    IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    HEESE = 666 = SIGN OF SATAN!
    Total junk!
    Walte
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Walk on by...

Mudge the doubtful

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!<BR>
  • Options
    chunkstylechunkstyle Member Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hesse is now doing business as Vulcan. If you avoid one, avoid them both.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    ~Sinclair Lewis, It Can't Happen Here

"Our enemies...never stop thinking about new ways to
    harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
    ~President George W. Bush
  • Options
    bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1
    Century arms made one called the R1A1 Sporter (metric pattern). Sold new for $500, It's worth about $450.

MOLON LABE!
    allahSortbs.jpg
    An evil tree bears evil fruit. You can destroy as much fruit as you want, but it will always grow back, and it will always be evil.

Tear the tree out of the ground by the roots and burn it. Burn it to ash and grind out the embers with your boot until there's nothing left. Not a single spark. Not a single seed.