In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

One more on the pope UPDATE..

babybearbabybear Member Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2005 in General Discussion
Just heard on the news the pope has received the rites of the sick and dying. Things are changing fast...Molly
Reports from the Vatican this morning that he is in a coma...
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE.....Benjamin Franklin ...1759...//// YOU KNOW WHAT IS REALLY ANNOYING? TO ENGAGE IN DEBATE WITH A PERSON'S INTELLECT, ONLY TO DISCOVER YOU ARE REALLY ARGUING WITH THEIR EGO!... MOLLY...2005

Comments

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Pope has received these many times in the last few months. I don't look for him to be around much longer.
  • Options
    robkelly2242robkelly2242 Member Posts: 295 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Right. Looks like he won't have time to canonize Terri Schiavo.
  • Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did you hear that Jerry Flwell was also on his "deathbed" I think he was trying to upstage the pope.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hugh,, who is he ? Is he the guy that was married to the woman who wore all the make-up and looked like a clown ?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I fell out with Falwell long ago....Molly

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE.....Benjamin Franklin ...1759...//// YOU KNOW WHAT IS REALLY ANNOYING? TO ENGAGE IN DEBATE WITH A PERSON'S INTELLECT, ONLY TO DISCOVER YOU ARE REALLY ARGUING WITH THEIR EGO!... MOLLY...2005
  • Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    Hugh,, who is he ? Is he the guy that was married to the woman who wore all the make-up and looked like a clown ?

SElect,

the guy married to the lady that looked like aclown was Jim Baker. Falwell was the guy depicted in an outhouse with his mother in a Penthouse Magazine story that led to a supreme court ruling in favor of freedom of the press(kind of)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I remember [:0] Baker is the minister who went to prison.. You mean there are minister's who did wrong in society ??? I am amazed at this [8][8][B)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Don't be amazed...Some of them are no better than a catholic 'preist'......Molly

• Options
    Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    I have a great deal of respect for the pope, regardless of whether or not I agree with the Catholic Church. As a young man, he stood up against Nazism. He stood against the Soviet Union in the late 70's with Lech Walensa. Solidarnostch!

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it that the former does not submit to hereditary predjudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - Albert E.

On my tombstone:"Keep you eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel..."the Lizard King
  • Options
    edited November -1
    babybear, it is Priest not Preist.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry, but ol Karol was a chemist for the Nazi's at Auschwitz...He hid in a catholic church when he realised the jig was up...Google it...Molly

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    babybear, it is Priest not Preist.
    OOOOPS My bad! ....Molly

• Options
    edited November -1
    In nomina patre, set filli, set spiritui sanctu...
    All you whops get off of the lawn

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it that the former does not submit to hereditary predjudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - Albert E.

On my tombstone:"Keep you eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel..."the Lizard King
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Further translation?

• Options
    rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    If we're lucky somebody will finish the pope and jerry falwell off with a glock.

rldowns3: On the express bus to hell.[:D]

annoyaliberal.jpgnotmyfault.gif
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    in nomine Patri, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti

In the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit

Latin is such a beautiful language. I wish I would have studied it more.

bb--Hey, you forgot to hit the Caps Lock key before setting the title for this thread [:D]
  • Options
    jl45jl45 Member Posts: 708 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rldowns3
    If we're lucky somebody will finish the pope and jerry falwell off with a glock.

rldowns3: On the express bus to hell.[:D]

I'm not Catholic, but I do feel that this Pope is a very good man and this world will miss him when he is gone.

jl45
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the translation.///..Did I head up in caps again???[}:)]....Molly

• Options
    cacti25cacti25 Member Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by babybear
    I fell out with Falwell long ago....Molly

• Options
    edited November -1
    I heard the Vatican report said he is in grave sickness and have received his rites ( which is for sickness .....very sick, but he went to Mass this morning.. White smoke from the chimney soon.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    He's gone septic this morning, blood pressure dropping. If he were in a hospital he would be in the intensive care unit, but since only one or two other popes have died outside of the papal residence, he's getting 'comfort measures' there.

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by babybear
    Sorry, but ol Karol was a chemist for the Nazi's at Auschwitz...He hid in a catholic church when he realised the jig was up...Google it...Molly

I don't think so. It was my understanding that he was an actor before he recieved his "calling"...You can't believe everything you google. I googled my own name once, and was surprised to find out that I'm a well-known forensic pathologist.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Yes, there are many people with similiar names, but do some research and you will find it to be true..Molly

• Options
    edited November -1
    Molly--Just giving you a hard time about the past caps [:D]

I'll translate Latin for you anytime you want as long as I am capable [:D] I haven't studied it since 8th grade but I retained more Latin than the German I studied in college.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I know[:)] And I agree Latin is fascinating! I wish now that I had studied it....Enjoy your day...Molly

• Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the suggestion to google...I had forgotten what an amazing man he is. Pretty revolutionary stuff...
    He was the first leader of the Catholic Church to state that the soul of an infant who dies without baptism probably isn't going to hell.
    He approved of interfaith marriages.
    He said that Muslims worship the One True God as well as Christians.
    He said God loves Pagans and heretics...
    Just a sample,..

• Options
    edited November -1
    You're welcome. In addition to helping the Nazi's manufacture poison gas at Auschwitz, he also has never recognised Israel as a state, praised Yassar Arafat for his work in 'Palestine', stood idly by while his underlings raped countless little boys and girls, all the while collecting untold millions from their various holdings around the world including a huge soybean business as millions in third world countries starve. To his credit, he DID lead prayer that the unwashed masses would be comforted and well-fed. Yep..pretty amazing man. And we wonder where Falwell, Baker, and that bunch got THEIR inspiration! Same wolves..different clothing....Molly

• Options
    edited November -1
    BB--That's why I could never be a Catholic. Church leaders, in my view, don't have "underlings". The "power structure" in the RC Church is an upside-down triangle when it really should be reversed due to the "priesthood of all believers".
  • Options
    edited November -1
    And my points are any less valid because....?

• Options
    meunkemeunke Member Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "In addition to helping the Nazi's manufacture poison gas at Auschwitz"

- Wow. Haven't read such rubbish since the last time someone brought up the old "Pius XII was a Nazi" BS. I guess people will believe pretty much anything they read on the net.

"Sometimes love makes you selfish. Sometimes it just makes you stupid. Sometimes it reminds you why you love your gun."
    - Anita Black
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Your points are as valid as anyone else's. So are the facts. Even worse than the assisstance at auschwitz is the problem of child molestation of those who were directly answerable to him. He was in a position to do something about it, and did nothing. Millions of dollars in hush money will not soothe the torn bodies and spirits of those children. Now the NUNS are coming forward with accounts of rape and abuse by the 'preists'!!! Are they also liars just looking for some quick cash?? ...Molly

• Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    BABYBEAR- Would you mind providing a link confirming the horsepoop you are slinging??

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Salzo, you should know by now that as long as whatever is said is anti-Catholic, you apparantly don't need to provide evidence.

Catholics, like Jews are, are acceptable targets of hate. It's always been that way, unfortunatly...

"Sometimes love makes you selfish. Sometimes it just makes you stupid. Sometimes it reminds you why you love your gun."
    - Anita Black
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    BB, like many you ignore the fact that Catholics, like Jews, were wiped out of Nazi Germany.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    There's a good quote, and I forgot who said it: "There are very few people who actually hate the Catholic Church, but there are many who hate what they THINK the Catholic Chruch is."

I have several Baptist friends, and we have disagreements and discussions about various points of doctrine. They don't agree with me on a lot of stuff, but they don't hate Catholics. Quite frankly, I don't understand the people who do.

Angry about the handfull of priests who abused their positions and committed grevious sins against the young and want them to pay the price for it? Join the club. But your anger shouldn't be focused on the Pope, but rather on the very liberal American Council of Bishops who put them in their positions to begin with. They have made a career out of defying Rome on many points.

- Anita Black