In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Back to the hospital....

Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2013 in General Discussion
next Thursday. I had rotator cuff, bone spur, torn bicep tendon surgery in February, and the rehabilitation hasn't gone very well. So next Thursday the surgeon is going to put me under and physically manipulate my arm to tear loose all the ligaments, tendons and anything else that has become adhered to surrounding tissue. He said there will be a lot of internal bleeding, bruising, and much pain. [:0]

Then I get to go back to therapy 6 days a week for a couple of weeks. I'm not looking forward to all the associated pain, but that's my last hope at having a half way normal functioning arm.

Getting old really sucks sometimes.

Comments

• Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know what your going through. I'm on my 7th month after my mishap. Stay strong, listen to the Dr's and PT,s. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

RobOz
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,357 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Getting old really sucksFinding that myself.
  • Options
    woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    Has Taken Me Some Time But Worth It
    Woody
  • Options
    NOAHNOAH Member Posts: 9,690
    edited November -1
    Was rehab cause you were stubborn & not doing what the doc ordered or did it just not heal right[?]
  • Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NOAH
    Was rehab cause you were stubborn & not doing what the doc ordered or did it just not heal right[?]

The biggest problem is that I have diabetes. After the therapy last fall, it was almost 4 months until I had the surgery. In that time I developed adhesive capsulitus (frozen shoulder - which is very common with diabetes) in the shoulder, which has not been conducive to stretching out the various parts that are stuck together. I think if I could have gotten the surgery in a timely manner, my recovery would have gone much better. But the surgeon got me in as soon as his schedule permitted.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,999 ******
    edited November -1
    Dang,sorry you gotta go through all that. Best wishes,it goes well and helps greatly.
  • Options
    rongrong Member Posts: 8,459
    edited November -1
    I had my left knee replaced a couple years
    ago. I went to a PT clinic for a while,they
    without a doubt are NAZIS
  • Options
    A J ChristA J Christ Member Posts: 7,534
    edited November -1
    Had similar surgery 5 years ago.

Had a far different outcome than you, back at 100% range of motion and strength.

Praise the Lord.

Hope it gets fixed right this time.