In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Poll about religion....

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2005 in General Discussion
Is your Religious beliefs better than another religion.. Simply answer YES or NO...

Comments

• Options
    pipskickspipskicks Member Posts: 3,049
    edited November -1
    he!! no

"Girls often say it's not the size of the boat, and it's the motion of the ocean, well I'll tell you this it takes a hell of a long time to get to England on a row boat"
    "Marrying for sex is like taking a plane ride for peanuts"
    -Jeff Foxworthy
  • Options
    nomadictaonomadictao Member Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How can I answer yes or no if I don't know? [:I]
  • Options
    maggiethecatmaggiethecat Member Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    no.
    and if anybody answers yes, there is a problem, and a VERY closed minded person.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    NO!!!!!! but my religeon can whup your religeon..

yo-yo.gif
  • Options
    MRBEANMRBEAN Member Posts: 562 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OBVIOUSLY! If they weren't you would either change your opinion or change your religion. Simple enough?
  • Options
    beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice question select fire. I wonder how some of the fire brands will react to it. Oh yeah my answer...NO! Beach
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am just curious how smart some are on this board. The cream will rise to the top.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Gary! this aint simple.. All religeons are invented by man, therefor no religeon is better than another,, no one can say "My religeon is the right one"[}:)]

OH YEA! YES or NO.....[:D]

yo-yo.gif
  • Options
    Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    No...isn't that the whole point of spirituality? Mine (or my lack thereof in some circles) works for me, but doesn't work for everybody, nor would I expect it to. IMHO any religion that has to rely on fear, guilt, or coersion ( unless-you-belong-to-this-faith, you-won't-be-saved) to keep it's faithful is completely counter-productive to what religion is supposed to accomplish

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it that the former does not submit to hereditary predjudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - Albert E.

On my tombstone:"Keep you eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel..."the Lizard King
  • Options
    NOTPARSNOTPARS Member Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is one true religion and the others are false. Christianity.
    Being "closed minded" means your are having an argument with a liberal.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Perhaps "being saved" isn't what spirituality is supposed to be about. Perhaps spirituality is supposed to be about reflecting on ourselves, our motives, our relationship with other people.
    I remember vividly being a 7 year old, being scared out of my mind, wide awake at night, unable to sleep, that I was going to go to hell because I was by nature wicked and sinful, and unless I belonged to "Faith Brand X", I would suffer eternal torment, and all the other people in the world who didn"t believe in "Faith Brand X" were going to suffer the same fate.
    What kind of sick, brainwashing is that?
    Sorry to get on a rant, and I don't mean to offend anyone.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it that the former does not submit to hereditary predjudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - Albert E.

On my tombstone:"Keep you eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel..."the Lizard King
  • Options
    sst531sst531 Member Posts: 485 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't decide whether I am an Agnostic or a Deist; therefore, I cannot compare my religious beliefs to others. Perhaps I should pray for enlightenment!
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    NO.....Religion/spirituality is a "work in progress". Even at death no one can fully understand the teachings of the bible. You could read it 100 times and each time you will acquire new knowledge. The variations in religions is only the different path that is taken to reach the same knowledge. As we all have different levels of understanding, the writings have and I believe were meant to have a similar but different significance for each and every person with the ultimate purpose of guiding them to God. Even Jesus, on his death bed asked "why have thou forsaken me?".
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Holy cow... Just read the question and answer YES or NO.
  • Options
    RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    Holy cow... Just read the question and answer YES or NO.

Yes, my cow is holier than yours. [:o)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    AHHH.....UUUUMMMMM.......
    no...

• Options
    babybearbabybear Member Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, and if anyone answers no, there is a problem.....Molly

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE.....Benjamin Franklin ...1759...//// YOU KNOW WHAT IS REALLY ANNOYING? TO ENGAGE IN DEBATE WITH A PERSON'S INTELLECT, ONLY TO DISCOVER YOU ARE REALLY ARGUING WITH THEIR EGO!... MOLLY...2005
  • Options
    John N.John N. Member Posts: 421 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I concider myself spiritual,not religious.So,can I say that my spirituality is better than some religions?I think it is.[:D]

I have learned that when the stuff hits the fan it is never evenly distributed.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I thought my answer was no...I could be wrong....

• Options
    edited November -1
    rcrxs, your not wrong..
  • Options
    jl45jl45 Member Posts: 708 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes...If I thought otherwise I would change religions.

If I don't believe in what I believe in, how can I believe in it?[:D]

jl45
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    there is no wrong answer to this.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • Options
    RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox
    there is no wrong answer to this.

Or IS there? [;)]
  • Options
    victorlvlbvictorlvlb Member Posts: 5,004
    edited November -1
    Worry or don't worry about it right now. You'll have plenty of time to explain yourself at the Great White Throne judgement.For those of you that are greater or more intelligent then the Son of God no sweat. For the rest of us , start working on your own salvation. As for me I'll put all my faith in the works Of the only begotten Son of the most high God , for my salvation. I will read the Old Testament and the New Testament daily , to see if i'm in his will. Good luck you all.[:D][:D][:D]

And this has come to pass,not to stay.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Since we live in the USA, most of the posters are Christian. Isn't it odd that if we lived in an Arab country most of us would be praising Allah, instead of our Christian God?

Or if we lived in India, instead of the Christian religion we would be devote Hindus. Or if we lived in Tibet we would be devote Buddists? Or if you were an American Indian before whites came you would worship the Great Spirit. A Great Spirit that WAS NOT our Christian God.

Get a clue folks.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by victorlvlb
    Worry or don't worry about it right now. You'll have plenty of time to explain yourself at the Great White Throne judgement.For those of you that are greater or more intelligent then the Son of God no sweat. For the rest of us , start working on your own salvation. As for me I'll put all my faith in the works Of the only begotten Son of the most high God , for my salvation. I will read the Old Testament and the New Testament daily , to see if i'm in his will. Good luck you all.[:D][:D][:D]

And this has come to pass,not to stay.

I would not claim to be more intelligent than the son of God, but I would claim to be AS intelligent as the son of man. (i.e. other men)

• Options
    RadCatRadCat Member Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    Is your Religious beliefs better than another religion.. Simply answer YES or NO...

Absolutely NOT.

My "individual" religious beliefs, unless I profess membership to a particular organized religiuous group with a common credo acceptance, will in no way negate those of any such declared "organized" group to merit the label of RELIGION.

The key words here are, in my opinion, "Is your Religious beliefs better than another religion." Or, in other simpler words: single individual belief (non-conforming/undefined), versus collective (coherent/defined) "labeled" religion.

gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
    edited November -1
    YES! But some is better than none.

Larry
    binladen.gifShowLetter.gif
  • Options
    anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    NO ... I don't have any. (Sorry, I felt I must explain at least a little![:D])
  • Options
    gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    no

Greg
    Former Marine
    A N G L I C O
  • Options
    alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
  • Options
    joeaf1911a1joeaf1911a1 Member Posts: 2,962 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Strange that religion always comes up here. Religion is a personal thing. I am a Christian and a Catholic. During ww 2 we had only one
    Chaplain per Bn. in a Inf. Regt. One Catholic, one Protestant and one
    Hebrew. When I could not attend my service which was often due to circumstances, I would attend any of the others I could when possible.
    They were all good and meaningfull to me. So to me, dont knock different religions, all are meaningfull and helpfull. Religions and
    politics dont belong on the supper time talk.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Since they are my Religious beliefs there is not right or wrong. Religious beliefs are not, by themselves, religion.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by joeaf1911a1
    Strange that religion always comes up here. Religion is a personal thing. I am a Christian and a Catholic. During ww 2 we had only one
    Chaplain per Bn. in a Inf. Regt. One Catholic, one Protestant and one
    Hebrew. When I could not attend my service which was often due to circumstances, I would attend any of the others I could when possible.
    They were all good and meaningfull to me. So to me, dont knock different religions, all are meaningfull and helpfull. Religions and
    politics dont belong on the supper time talk.

Bad kharma to mess with someone elses belief...