In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

A serious question on perspective

2»

Comments

• Options
    alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    quote:I am more interested in what grants folks their perspective on current affairs when compared with historic events.

"That was then-this is now mentality"!Not too many people are interested about past events

Secondly, "My country,right or wrong,my country!

Thirdly, Peragative!

cart205.gif

Gun_smokes.gif

Delta.gif
  • Options
    Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Waco occurred - for those of you too young to remember - under the administration of then-president Klinton.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER Forget RUBY RIDGE
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
    Lock and load
  • Options
    ZERODINZERODIN Member Posts: 6,338
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doug Wilson
    Waco occurred - for those of you too young to remember - under the administration of then-president Klinton.

I know it happened under Clinton; what I don't know is why people are using it as a counter-example to my point about Bush not using mustard gas against Americans on American soil.
  • Options
    ameriskinameriskin Member Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i can't believe just how far off track this post has gone!

if you're in my yard tonight, you'll be there in the morning
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Bush is an American president;
    Clinton was an American president;

Do you think one could get away with gassing citizens..and the other couldn't ? Let us never forget also that Bush COULD have oppened the investigation into Waco..and put the perpetrators in jail...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Any world leader could gas its own people. That doesn't mean all of them will. Saddam did, on many occasions, and in a genocidal manner.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    We are a real world leader,all right...we think NOTHING of going 3000 miles to depose a 'world leader who gassed his own people...10 years ago"....

and do nothing at all to a REAL world leader..who gassed his own people..right here in the middle of America.
  • Options
    laisterrlaisterr Member Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Because history is written by the winners.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    We are a real world leader,all right...we think NOTHING of going 3000 miles to depose a 'world leader who gassed his own people...10 years ago"....

and do nothing at all to a REAL world leader..who gassed his own people..right here in the middle of America.

First off, that wasn't genocide. Second off, he's not still our leader, whereas Saddam didn't leave office within a few years of his crimes, nor were they isolated incidents.

I'm not in any way defending the government-funded murder of any Americans; however, I am defending that our presence in Iraq helps civilians, regardless of whether it's being handled in the correct order of priority.