In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Doors Legend Jim Morrison Still Alive?

TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
edited May 2005 in General Discussion

Comments

• Options
    dolfandolfan Member Posts: 4,159
    edited November -1
    What, you didn't know that[?]
    I saw him perform last week and Elvis was the opening act!!!![:D]
  • Options
    BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    I saw that too,dolfan.

There was also a cameo apperance by Jimi Hendrix.[;)]

[:D][:D]
    BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • Options
    BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    quikdraw,

No,I think it's Mamma Cass,not Janis.[:D]

BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    He does look alot like the lizard king, and he does live in the west, my only thought is, wouldn't there be easier ways of faking a death than having a dead body in a bathtub that looks like you?

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If thats him I wonder if the statutre of limitations kicked in or is he goin to jail for showin his pee pee on stage[:D][:D]

• Options
    Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    I'm betting he doesn't look anything like he did back then in those low-rise leather pants....
    Shame....

Everyone is somebody's "weirdo".
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like a grift to me.

Proving that that guy was "the" Morrison would be trivially easy if only it were true. The guy in the picture just doesn't look much like Morrison, and if it were really him, you would expect a lot more hoopla, from the remaining bandmates, at the very least.

Ray Manzarek has stated publically on the matter of Morrison's death, that he believed that though Morrison would be capable of faking his own death, and even talked about it, he didn't believe it actually happened, since Morrison would have long since tried to contact his old friends and family were it true.

This site is very interesting. If you don't buy all the BS theories, just skip onto the end where the most plausible one appears:

http://www.carpenoctem.tv/cons/lizard.html
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Although I don't believe that he is truly alive, if he was I would be interested in reading some of his poetry which I liked nearly as much as his music. So I guess....
    I FRICKING CARE!!![^]

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Morrison, Hendrix, John Lennon and Elvis will be appearing in Vegas.. Just remember what goes on in Vegas stays in Vegas
  • Options
    Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I'de say , I care too....

Everyone is somebody's "weirdo".
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ram, Now see what you did, everybody will be sending their skivvies to you for ironing![:D]
    He claims he's going to be "breaking out" in a new movie. He also claims to have faked his death because there was a plot to kill him, Janis, Hendrix, etc.
    It was so long ago I can't remember all the details, but wasn't the doctor that signed his death certificate never identified? And the only person at his funeral was a girlfriend that committed suicide?

7_2_120.gif
    "Aim small, Miss small"
  • Options
    dandydandy Member Posts: 221 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ....."PEOPLE ARE STRANGE"................... [}:)][}:)] Dandy
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ramtinxxl
    Has someone failed to asked the obvious question? If he isn't producing the quality of music for which he was known in the '60's and up to the time of his "death," then
    WHO FRICKING CARES?

Go buy a "remastered CD" of his greatest hits. Most of those brain-fried rockers of that era can hardly tell THEMSELVES if they are dead or alive.

Because he was an icon and its a cool story, that's why.

I think it would be neat if it were true, but unfortunately (as above) I dont believe a word of it, even for a second.