In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

If you could go back in time...........

2»

Comments

• Options
    codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kingjoey
    I'd go back to the writing of the Constitution and add the phrase "or get your * kicked" to most of the Amendments[;)]

Love them Beavers
    orst-title-1.gif

And concrete clarify a few others..

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun.
  • Options
    codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by firstharmonic
    I'd like to go back about 1,975 years or so, give or take a year, to the southeastern end of the Mediterranean Sea. Like to look up a certain Nazarene,the son of a carpenter but working as an itinerant preacher, just to hear what he had to say about stuff.

And ask a few questions. Real ones, and get REAL answers.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun.
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've often pondered this question and it is interesting that so many of us share the same daydreams as to times / locales.

Library of Alexander, before the fire, with fluency in the texts preserved . . . don't recall who posted that one, but kudos! The secrets of the Pharohs - we still cannot duplicate the preservative functions of the that era, some of the folk medicines and similar science, to say nothing of the original texts of legendary literature. And rcrxs old lady's Constantinople for the same reason.

1775 - youbetcha - not just to make sure the 2nd Amendment was written without any possible amibiguity the next year, but to take a stand against the British before Mas$holia became such a cesspool. To participate in the creation of the greatest nation on earth. And not least, by any means, to actually speak with the true giants of our history - Washington, Jefferson, Franklin, Adams (all of them), Hancock and so many others.

Medeival Italy, to speak with the greatest genius of history - Da Vinci.

1800 or so, because it would be such a kick to stand by the Columbia River a few years later and ask L&C if they'd like to take my furs East now that they had finally followed me out there! [:D] Note: this in no way is intended to disparage their courage and accomplishments.

Various dates between 1850 & 1950 resulting in the non-existance of certain political figures across the globe.

Early 1960s to have a serious heart-to-heart with a particularly stubborn young lad about his future. Although it probably would be fruitless . . . . [:o)]

November, 1993 for reasons I will keep to myself.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the french." (Mark Twain)
  • Options
    Gibbs505Gibbs505 Member Posts: 3,175
    edited November -1
    Africa, 1920 with a couple of double rifles and a 318 westly richards and a 275 rigby. To particape in the greatest hunting ion the world!

If I can't spell, so what!

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
  • Options
    bsallybsally Member Posts: 3,165
    edited November -1
    I'd also like to go back to the old west. But, if I could I'd like to go WAY back. 50-100 million years.[:p] I think it would be awesome to actually see dinosaurs and the way the planet was so far back. Would go well armed ofcourse.[;)]

SALLY
    Committee member-Ducks Unlimited
  • Options
    rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    Somehow I can't imagine a .223 or .308 as an adequate defense from a 40 ton lizzard.

edited November -1
    I think if you went back to the dinosaur days you would quickly mmet yor demise to a powerful ancient flu bug.

I woul;d like to go back to about any super primitive society so I could see for myself if all this technology was worth it.
  • Options
    bennettjinxbennettjinx Member Posts: 85 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    February 22, 2001. The night that my father died. I usually went in to the hospital to see him before work and again after my shift was over @ 0700 but I was called in early and didn't go. I wish that I could have thanked him for everything and told him that I loved him.

I will never put my job/career before my family again.
  • Options
    STRIPPER-TIPPERSTRIPPER-TIPPER Member Posts: 323 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Same here. I would like to go back and thank my Dad for all that he did for me. Put too many things off till "tomorrow". Who are the people in the pictures?,writing down family history,that kind of stuff. Dad was always there for me. Mom and Dad are both gone now,had a little time to be there for Mom,Dad was sudden.