In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Who Has a Ruger Single Seven or 327?/

dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2018 in General Discussion
I am getting the gotta buy a gun fever again. Many of you suffer from the same disease. As we all know, there is no cure, but the purchase of a new/different firearm will put us into remission, at least temporarily!!

I love to plink!! I'm old enough that guns that recoil and/or roar don't have the appeal they once had. I'm thinking that a Single Seven, loaded with the 32 H+R mag brass, 85 grain bullets at 900 to 950 fps just might be a great plinking round. Very little recoil, low muzzle blast but still enough power to be able to destroy a dirt clod or bounce a tin can around with vigor. So what say you??

Comments

• Options
    redhawkk480redhawkk480 Member Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    well I can't say as too the Single Seven, as I've never shot mine yet ,[:I] but I have Rugers 32 mags in the Single Six and SP101 and they are fun to shoot also have the LCR in 327mag that has a little bite but is far better when loaded with 32 mag or even 32 S&W long

nice thing about the 327 mag or even the 32 H&R is you can shoot the shorter 32 S&W out of them , heck you can even shoot the 32 acp out of a single action as it has enough rim to catch and not drop into the cylinder [;)]
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bought one new and proceeded to the range. Immediately, I had difficulty loading and the cylinder would not rotate, hammer would not cock back. It was a real POS. Have owned and fired many Rugers SA and this was the first time I ever had a problem with one.

Contacted Ruger and they wanted to examine and make repairs. Received the pistol back in only 3 days and they changed several parts and retuned. I saved the worksheet describing what was done/parts replaced with the receipt in the box.

Performed flawlessly when I got it back. Surprised how this one made it thru QC.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a single seven in .327, in fact I also have an SP-101 in .327 Federal. I like the caliber and the guns. Sure, you NEED another caliber in your safe...[:D]
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dreher
    I am getting the gotta buy a gun fever again. Many of you suffer from the same disease. As we all know, there is no cure, but the purchase of a new/different firearm will put us into remission, at least temporarily!!

I love to plink!! I'm old enough that guns that recoil and/or roar don't have the appeal they once had. I'm thinking that a Single Seven, loaded with the 32 H+R mag brass, 85 grain bullets at 900 to 950 fps just might be a great plinking round. Very little recoil, low muzzle blast but still enough power to be able to destroy a dirt clod or bounce a tin can around with vigor. So what say you??

I've got one with the bird's head grip, stainless and 4" bbl. In 327 loadings it has a fair amount of blast, bit of recoil. Would be quite the pleasant plinker in H&R or 32 S&W loadings. A little powder goes a long way, cast bullets are cheap.

I smoothed the heck out of mine. The SA was gritty as hell. Switched out to the Wolf hammer and trigger return spring. Makes it easy as heck to cock and no sacrifice on ignition.
  • Options
    cowboy77845cowboy77845 Member Posts: 316 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got the GP 100 and had Ranger Point Precision convert a Marlin to 327 so I have a rifle pistol combo. Love the round.