In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

S&W M&P .45

cmaclenn1cmaclenn1 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
Having never shot one, I need some honest opinions from those who have shot one or have one. Thanks.

I like the cosmetics of them. Easy to take-down, nice grip, decent trigger.

Jon

Comments

• cmaclenn1cmaclenn1 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will start by saying this. As most of you know, I am a huge fan of the Glock pistols. After buying a cheaper S&W SD series pistol and being mightily impressed by it's "bang for your buck," I decided to put an M&P .45 on layaway at the local hardware store. They had 3 of them and were running a sale to get down to just 1.

Well, I paid my layaway off on the M&P .45 the other day and picked it up. I disassembled, cleaned, and reassembled her. It is not quite as easy as a Glock to take-down, but still manageable. The tool/plug does seem to come out rather hard, but I would assume that gets a little easier. The steel guide rod from the factory is a plus and the multiple grip sizes is a nice feature too. I actually swapped out the medium size that came on it, with the small grip. I will bring them both to the range with me to make sure I like the smaller one better in a shooting situation.

That is really all the insight I can give now. I will follow up with a range report in the next couple weeks with how I like it and try to compare it to my Glock 21SF, as best as I can.

a6000b7e-eec0-48e2-abd3-a8cacf9f7677_zpsa411daec.jpg

Jon
  • cmaclenn1cmaclenn1 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am looking for performance upgrade parts(recoil reducer, etc.), and wanted to know if anyone has any suggestions for companies? Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.
  • jhimcojhimco Member Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please post this on the "Ask the Experts" forum- they might be able to help there.