In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Need Your Help to Get My Site Going! (DSentR.com)

peonpeon Member Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
Need some testers to evaluate and let me know if everything is working on the site. It is set up as a social-networking site.

Here is the run down about what it is about. You can leave me feedback on the site's forum or send a PM to DSentR Dave.

DSentR.com is a social-networking site for people concerned about the political and social changes happening in the United States. The site is designed to promote discussion about topics that will affect each and everyone of us. Everyone is encouraged to join!

Registration is FREE!

DSentR.com features:

Blogs - write your own articles or journal

Forums - discuss topics

Groups - create groups for your causes and to connect with others that share your beliefs

List Events - post upcoming events for all to see

Friend Connections - connect to other people's profiles

Photo Gallery - post your photos

Members List - search the members list for users with similar interests or location

Invite Friends - encourage others to join DSentR.com

Private Messaging - communicate privately with others on the site

Personal Profile - add and share information about yourself

www.dsentr.com

PS. I expect to see some gun groups pop up on the site! [;)]

Comments

• Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    You need larger, bolder fonts and some background color or wallpaper. Also, you misspelled "opinion" on your front page under Definition 1 of "Dissenter". You spelled it "opininon".
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Spider7115
    You need larger, bolder fonts and some background color or wallpaper. Also, you misspelled "opinion" on your front page under Definition 1 of "Dissenter". You spelled it "opininon".

Thanks. That's what I'm looking for... some feedback.

"Opinion" was a typo.

I was going for somewhat of a Facebook look. Don't like the setup or is it the font is just too small to see?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by peon
    quote:Originally posted by Spider7115

Thanks. That's what I'm looking for... some feedback.

"Opinion" was a typo.

I was going for somewhat of a Facebook look. Don't like the setup or is it the font is just too small to see?

I would use a bolder, larger font with a subdued background, something like the one below. Probably size 6 or 7 in your title and size 4 in your text.

flagbg.gifflagbg.gifflagbg.gifflagbg.gifflagbg.gifflagbg.gifflagbg.gifflagbg.gifflagbg.gifflagbg.gif
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Screen is too wide, have to scroll back and forth to read.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup

Really? Works perfect on my home and work PCs. Anyone else have the same problem?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup

It might be your display settings. He's got it set at 640X480 and it doesn't even cover my screen. I've got about an inch of blank space on each side.
  • Options
    oldemagicsoldemagics Member Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nothing there yet except the home page?
    at least i cant find any

might be helpful to have SOME kind of menu board on the home page to link to any existing pages... or an "enter" to a menu page along the lines of the forum lists here at G.B. (another edit: it is now going to these, at first it linked to the "groups" etc list on my own profile)

put up a blog of your own, an "about" type of thing to get the ball rolling, whatever youre about so people coming in get a feel for what is going on there

possibly a more noticeable e-mail link instead of the near-invisible one in the top right

ill also agree with spiders comment, You need larger, bolder fonts and some background color or wallpaper

EDIT:
    in the time it took me to write the above it auto-logged me off?
    a glitch in the "online status" is also showing "offline" and at the same time saying last visit as "now"
  • Options
    oldemagicsoldemagics Member Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    instead of another edit...
    there IS no contact link on your site that i can find, the e-mail link i mentioned earlier is to send the page link
    even in your admin profile the contact has no active link, just the word admin
    checking the edit profile page, i find no way to enable contact info to allow mail/p.m. to be sent to that person
    also the "blog" link takes you only to your OWN blogs list instead of any list of blogs by others (wouldnt want to wade through every members profile to locate any published blog)